Intermittent fasting

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm doing a cut and it's something similar to this. My first meal of the day is after I go for a jog at lunch (1:00pm). Second meal is 4-4.5 hours later (5:30pm), then a jog, and dinner is at 9:30pm. After I wake up in the morning, I have a couple of cups of coffee and a small piece of fruit/a couple of snake lollies to keep me alert. Took a couple of days to adjust to but I can manage now.

I'm doing a cut and it's something similar to this. My first meal of the day is after I go for a jog at lunch (1:00pm). Second meal is 4-4.5 hours later (5:30pm), then a jog, and dinner is at 9:30pm. After I wake up in the morning, I have a couple of cups of coffee and a small piece of fruit/a couple of snake lollies to keep me alert. Took a couple of days to adjust to but I can manage now.
A couple of snake lollies to keep me alert? Is that a Nathan Buckley thing?

Smash the fruit, man, especially through summer. Don't just have a little piece, as though it's something bad, nah dive in! Absolutely packed full of goodness, hydration and awesome fibre!

A couple of snake lollies to keep me alert? Is that a Nathan Buckley thing?

Smash the fruit, man, especially through summer. Don't just have a little piece, as though it's something bad, nah dive in! Absolutely packed full of goodness, hydration and awesome fibre!
I like sugar. I might have a problem.

I'm currently doing 18/6, 5 days a week
and also a 24 hour fast twice a week
First meal after work at 3pm, gym at 5pm, dinner at 7pm and do a fasted cardio at 8am most mornings. Just wondering if this is the best time to do cardio or if i should incorporate it into when i am at the gym or after dinner? thanks

First meal after work at 3pm, gym at 5pm, dinner at 7pm and do a fasted cardio at 8am most mornings. Just wondering if this is the best time to do cardio or if i should incorporate it into when i am at the gym or after dinner? thanks
Depends on what you're trying to achieve? I'm assuming fat loss in which case morning fasted cardio is your best bet for fat loss.

In fact morning fasted cardio combined with your 24 hour fast is absolutely dynamite for fat loss.

Depends on what you're trying to achieve? I'm assuming fat loss in which case morning fasted cardio is your best bet for fat loss.

In fact morning fasted cardio combined with your 24 hour fast is absolutely dynamite for fat loss.

What are your thoughts if one was to do a fasted weights workout in the morning and cardio in the afternoon, with a similar fasting regime as above?

Yeah fat loss at this stage, currently 167cm and 75.5kg, so fat loss is the main thing

Ideally get cardio in the morning whilst still fasted, the main thing is just getting the cardio done at some stage during the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts if one was to do a fasted weights workout in the morning and cardio in the afternoon, with a similar fasting regime as above?
I don't think you need to be training twice a day, once again assuming your goal is fat loss you're better off just getting your calories in order and training 6 times a week 4 weights, 2 cardio 1 rest day.

Note: I do IF, and perform fasted cardio (because cardio after eating makes me feel s**t)

Note: I do IF, and perform fasted cardio (because cardio after eating makes me feel s**t)
same, i do regular cardio workouts and play futsal once a week, if i ate within around 6 hours of exercise, no bloody good, if it was a reasonably substantial meal ie. chops/veges i would just about vomit.

most of my cardio is done in the morning fasted but futsal is at night and i drink plenty of water during the day and about 4-6 hours before i play i will have a banana and a glass of milk. learnt from my mistakes.

same, i do regular cardio workouts and play futsal once a week, if i ate within around 6 hours of exercise, no bloody good, if it was a reasonably substantial meal ie. chops/veges i would just about vomit.

most of my cardio is done in the morning fasted but futsal is at night and i drink plenty of water during the day and about 4-6 hours before i play i will have a banana and a glass of milk. learnt from my mistakes.
I do cardio in the mornings and fast until i'm home. Mainly because I find it easier to stick to, and I find it hard to eat at work since morons always book meetings. I get hungry during the day more often if I eat during the day

I can eat before footy but I normally won't eat within 2 hours of a game.

I was attempting a 3 day fast to kick off the new year but caved last night at the 48 hr mark. I find fasting is a bit easier when I've been eating LCHF beforehand, a bit harder when I've been eating all sorts of crap like I was over the Xmas period.

Oh well, 2 days is better than nothing. I'll have another crack at a 3 dayer mid-year and keep doing smaller 36 hour fasts occasionally until then.

I was attempting a 3 day fast to kick off the new year but caved last night at the 48 hr mark. I find fasting is a bit easier when I've been eating LCHF beforehand, a bit harder when I've been eating all sorts of crap like I was over the Xmas period.

Oh well, 2 days is better than nothing. I'll have another crack at a 3 dayer mid-year and keep doing smaller 36 hour fasts occasionally until then.
Well done. I could use a 2, 3 or even 14 day water fast. I'll decide on it after tonight's pizza.

I did a 72 hour water fasting last year to get back to my normal weight. For me it got a lot easier after the first day. Cravings are really a mental activity, if you are conscious about the cravings you can stop it by drinking loads of water and notice they are mostly false signals to the brain. After 50 hours i got a headache though from not eating. However i dropped 6 kgs in these 3 days. Job done.

is fruit only fine on the 2 fasting days of the 2 - 5 diet?

Depends are you fasting (not eating at all) or just low having two low calorie days?

The first time I have stumbled upon this thread, I love it.

Fasting I feel is great for the body. And I fast on on Mondays and Thursdays, that way it's not 2 days close to each other and it doesn't include the weekend, so when going out you don't have to worry about what you might want to eat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back