Roast Internet in Australia is a Joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Just rang Telstra after being promised a call back 2 1/2 hours ago.

"That's interesting that they promised a call back when they shut for the day at 6pm and they said they'd do it at 6.30pm"

Lying c*nts.

Labor were always going to sell off the NBN FTTH to a syndicate which really doesn't give a choice of wholesaler.

I presume the only buyer of $90 billion Australian wholesale internet would be Google???

Labor were always going to sell off the NBN FTTH to a syndicate which really doesn't give a choice of wholesaler.

I presume the only buyer of $90 billion Australian wholesale internet would be Google???
No they weren't!

Pretty Sure TPG does.

That is why I might not go back to IINET as TPG Hand out Warning Letters

No provider is maintaining the ADSL network due to the NBN. So if you, like me, are on ADSL then it's slowly going to deteriorate.
As far as Telstra goes, I do not understand why anyone would sign up with them. I know the other providers are using the Telstra network, but buying your internet/mobile phone access off any of these secondary providers will save you big money.
We are heading to Europe in June/July. When we were there in 2015 we got a local sim and it was awful. But now our mobile phone and iPad data provider has decided to enable global roaming.
So, I looked up the rates. For the UK/France, mobile phone costs are $1 per minute outward call, $1 a minute incoming call. Data 50cents a MB.
Telstra quote UK $2 a minute outgoing, $2 a minute incoming. France $2:50 a minute outgoing, $2:50 outgoing. And 75c per MB!
Now who is my provider? ALDI. Who use the Telstra network for 3&4G.
Never, ever sign with Telstra. You will be poorer for the experience.

No provider is maintaining the ADSL network due to the NBN. So if you, like me, are on ADSL then it's slowly going to deteriorate.
As far as Telstra goes, I do not understand why anyone would sign up with them. I know the other providers are using the Telstra network, but buying your internet/mobile phone access off any of these secondary providers will save you big money.
We are heading to Europe in June/July. When we were there in 2015 we got a local sim and it was awful. But now our mobile phone and iPad data provider has decided to enable global roaming.
So, I looked up the rates. For the UK/France, mobile phone costs are $1 per minute outward call, $1 a minute incoming call. Data 50cents a MB.
Telstra quote UK $2 a minute outgoing, $2 a minute incoming. France $2:50 a minute outgoing, $2:50 outgoing. And 75c per MB!
Now who is my provider? ALDI. Who use the Telstra network for 3&4G.
Never, ever sign with Telstra. You will be poorer for the experience.

Mum has looked at Prices and Optus is the Cheapest I heard

I have VDSL2 with iinet here and I reckon it's quicker than the NBN that my gf has. That shouldn't happen.

well, you're wrong - your service should be much better than the NBN.

Source, I work for them (for another 3 business days).

the VDSL2 network is iiNet's own network, it's been upgraded substantially over the years - only our customers can access it.

The NBN was built as cheap as possible, and everyone has access to it - congestion is a very real and affects most ISPs.

REMEMBER THE COPPER DISCONNECTION WILL NOT AFFECT YOU, YOU CAN STAY ON VDSL2 FOREVER AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

I will answer more questions after the 18th, ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the VDSL2 network is iiNet's own network, it's been upgraded substantially over the years - only our customers can access it.

The NBN was built as cheap as possible, and everyone has access to it - congestion is a very real and affects most ISPs.

REMEMBER THE COPPER DISCONNECTION WILL NOT AFFECT YOU, YOU CAN STAY ON VDSL2 FOREVER AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

I bought my own house and now endure the hassles of slow NBN. Why oh why? :(

Why after 18th?

s**t, what NBN are you on?

1 - FTTP = fantastic
2 - FTTN = ugh
3 = NBN VDSL = ugher
4 = NBN HFC = sell your house and try again
We have FTTP haha. The area I'm in is just s**t load of people crammed into one area and forever growing. Probably the main problem.

It's not the worst I've heard people get but still for what I am paying it's pretty damn rubbish.

We have FTTP haha. The area I'm in is just s**t load of people crammed into one area and forever growing. Probably the main problem.

It's not the worst I've heard people get but still for what I am paying it's pretty damn rubbish.

That why people call it FraudBand

Well I think it was Internode that built it's own network before iinet bought them. Correct?
I was with Internode for years, but I was over 5km's from my exchange & the speeds were poor. If they bumped up my speed profile then I would get drop outs. About 6 months ago I found Vivid wireless which offer 10/1 internet speeds on an unlimited plan for $89 per month. No contract to sign.

https://www.vividwireless.com.au/
I now download about 3 times faster than my old internode adsl could handle.

In the next month or two I'll be switching to Unity wireless on a 25/10 plan with the potential for a 50/10 speed boost.
https://unitiwireless.com/

For anyone struggling with a bad NBN or ADSL connection it's worth checking these 2 companies out to see if it's available in your area.

For those who need good pings for gaming - my latency is actually better using fixed wireless than my adsl ever was.

There are alternatives out there if you do your research.

Well I think it was Internode that built it's own network before iinet bought them. Correct?
I was with Internode for years, but I was over 5km's from my exchange & the speeds were poor. If they bumped up my speed profile then I would get drop outs. About 6 months ago I found Vivid wireless which offer 10/1 internet speeds on an unlimited plan for $89 per month. No contract to sign.

https://www.vividwireless.com.au/
I now download about 3 times faster than my old internode adsl could handle.

In the next month or two I'll be switching to Unity wireless on a 25/10 plan with the potential for a 50/10 speed boost.
https://unitiwireless.com/

For anyone struggling with a bad NBN or ADSL connection it's worth checking these 2 companies out to see if it's available in your area.

For those who need good pings for gaming - my latency is actually better using fixed wireless than my adsl ever was.

There are alternatives out there if you do your research.

Cheers frizzle I will check them out.:thumbsu:

the original NBN would've been a world class network.

after Abbott/Turnbull bastardised it we are left with a 3rd world network.

Libs turned something that would set us Forward that is NOW Sending us Backwards.

God they are Idiots running the Country

Remove this Banner Ad

Back