• Hindu

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 17 8.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Humanity is a funny term. The OT sets the conditions for Jesus to arrive, you can't ignore the OT. You guys keep telling us about "context" every single time but ignore the context how and why Jesus came to earth cause the usual "cherry picking of evidence" card has to be played.

Humanity is a term that has evolved over centuries, what is humanity to you? do you believe in objective morality? under what conditions can the commandments be broken? If the commandments can be broken under certain conditions are they divine laws at all? you can't start talking about humanity, when you are missing the whole context under which NT was supposed to be read. Sexual purity, slavery, rape, murder, genocide,human sacrifices, homophobia etc the bible is infested with these, is that humanity? or under certain conditions you will "approve" such things?

Maybe back in the Old Testament day God viewed us differently more like little foetuses; not yet developed. Hopefully the era of smiting is well and truly in the past but you never know . Fingers crossed

On the law stuff have a look at Thomas Aquinas and eternal law natural law and divine law etc.

Maybe back in the Old Testament day God viewed us differently more like little foetuses; not yet developed. Hopefully the era of smiting is well and truly in the past but you never know . Fingers crossed

On the law stuff have a look at Thomas Aquinas and eternal law natural law and divine law etc.

So that means the commandments are useless then? and why not? it was for a different group of people with different ideals/morals and are pretty much useless in this day and age? then the whole uniqueness of christianity (according to bennett) collapses the moment you make this argument.

As i said above, if i was jesus, i would have come and totally disconnect myself with anything that was OT. Disown Moses, Isiah, Noah, Paul etc etc. But Jesus didnt do that, he went on bat for these tyrants.. So to me a supporter of evil is just as bad as evil itself.

Just thought that some people may think that the Bible has some pretty hard scientific facts regarding the shape of the earth tucked in their somewhere.
" four corners of the earth etc
" send you to the ends of the earth"
" shaken from the edges"
Etc etc
Could have been mistaken.
Yes,it was our first attempt at many things,something to be proud of perhaps,but certainly that's where it ends BT.
We were merely children of the Earth back then,now we aim to be children of the stars,we are made from stars that went supernova billions of years ago,it's only fitting we return to them.:)

So that means the commandments are useless then? and why not? it was for a different group of people with different ideals/morals and are pretty much useless in this day and age? then the whole uniqueness of christianity (according to bennett) collapses the moment you make this argument.

As i said above, if i was jesus, i would have come and totally disconnect myself with anything that was OT. Disown Moses, Isiah, Noah, Paul etc etc. But Jesus didnt do that, he went on bat for these tyrants.. So to me a supporter of evil is just as bad as evil itself.

Well if that's what you get out of it it's obviously not for you. But if you just concentrate on Jesus's message and not what footy jumper he wore you might get something out of it. Try the whatever you do to the least of my brothers you do unto me one. It's a ripper.

Have you tried those eastern religions around India way I heard they are pretty good.

Last edited:
Well if that's what you get out of it it's obviously not for you. But if you just concentrate on Jesus's message and not what footy jumper he wore you might get something out of it. Try the whatever you do to the least of my brothers you do unto me one. It's a ripper.

Have you tried those eastern religions around India way I heard they are pretty good.

What on earth are you on about seriously? Jesus IS the god of Old Testament. He states it explicitly in the scriptures that "I and the father are ONE". You dont get the pick and choose the parts of scriptures that you approve of and discard the rest cause you dont approve them. The habit of cherry picking evidences has always worked for Christians, but i tell ya what, it doesnt work with people who know their Bible. Thats why i mentioned, when Jesus came back for the NT, i thought he would have realised the mistake he made being barbaric and brutal. Just admit you made a mistake and Moses and Noah were frauds and move on. Then NT will work. But yeah Jesus has no connection to the OT, cause its just the jumper he wore, do you even read the Bible?

What on earth are you on about seriously? Jesus IS the god of Old Testament. He states it explicitly in the scriptures that "I and the father are ONE". You dont get the pick and choose the parts of scriptures that you approve of and discard the rest cause you dont approve them. The habit of cherry picking evidences has always worked for Christians, but i tell ya what, it doesnt work with people who know their Bible. Thats why i mentioned, when Jesus came back for the NT, i thought he would have realised the mistake he made being barbaric and brutal. Just admit you made a mistake and Moses and Noah were frauds and move on. Then NT will work. But yeah Jesus has no connection to the OT, cause its just the jumper he wore, do you even read the Bible?

please don't put yourself in the group of people who know their bible.
People have spent their whole lives studying it, it is the most complex set of texts known.
There are so many different textual levels that it is mind boggling, and just pulling verses
out of context, like you are very good at doing, particularly when our language often does not
portray the meanings, makes you look silly, and does not show the text the respect it needs.

People have spent their whole lives studying it, it is the most complex set of texts known.
There are so many different textual levels that it is mind boggling, and just pulling verses
out of context, like you are very good at doing, particularly when our language often does not
portray the meanings, makes you look silly, and does not show the text the respect it needs.
So hang on, i only have to be a "theologian" to know the Bible? or a believer in the god to know the bible? Yet you seem to know everything about evolution than people who have dedicated their lives to it and have Noble prize next to their names. Do you smell the hypocrisy?

So hang on, i only have to be a "theologian" to know the Bible? or a believer in the god to know the bible? Yet you seem to know everything about evolution than people who have dedicated their lives to it and have Noble prize next to their names. Do you smell the hypocrisy?

no, what you need to be is a person who understands that it has that many contextual layers,
language tools, genre's etc etc that just reading it as it is can and does cause some people problems.

no, what you need to be is a person who understands that it has that many contextual layers,
language tools, genre's etc etc that just reading it as it is can and does cause some people problems.
Thats an opinion, not a fact, facts are never opinions. If there was "one fact" there wouldnt be 100s of different versions, interpretations of the bible. I have read expert interpretations of several theologians, (not just the ones that fits your agenda) and i still stand my ground on the esoteric aspects of the bible, specially adam and eve, which you pretty much take literally. Your problem is your lack of understanding (taking the bible way too literally) of spirituality (which is universal) and can be found in ALL RELIGIONS. I agree with the Procrastinator on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats an opinion, not a fact, facts are never opinions. If there was "one fact" there wouldnt be 100s of different versions, interpretations of the bible. I have read expert interpretations of several theologians, (not just the ones that fits your agenda) and i still stand my ground on the esoteric aspects of the bible, specially adam and eve, which you pretty much take literally. Your problem is your lack of understanding (taking the bible way too literally) of spirituality (which is universal) and can be found in ALL RELIGIONS. I agree with the Procrastinator on this.

It's not an opinion! The bible is made up of 66 separate books, letters, narrative, poetry, history, etc etc
you can't read everything one way. You can stand your ground on whatever you want, but I stand on the absolute
fact that the bible needs to be approached in the correct way.

It's not an opinion! The bible is made up of 66 separate books, letters, narrative, poetry, history, etc etc
you can't read everything one way. You can stand your ground on whatever you want, but I stand on the absolute
fact that the bible needs to be approached in the correct way.

You can stand on whatever you want, if you take the bible literally (which its not supposed to) you have zero scientific evidence backing it up and you will also find that people will ridicule your beliefs cause of that. My way is the correct way is the height of arrogance, if there was a correct way then there wouldnt be 1000s of different interpretations of the Bible, as i see your lack of understanding of spirituality is showing (i am not surprised, coming from a fundamentalist christian). You can stand on whatever you want though(its your life afterall), but dont cry when people make fun of your ridiculous literal interpretation of the bible, thats all

You can stand on whatever you want, if you take the bible literally (which its not supposed to) you have zero scientific evidence backing it up and you will also find that people will ridicule your beliefs cause of that. My way is the correct way is the height of arrogance, if there was a correct way then there wouldnt be 1000s of different interpretations of the Bible, as i see your lack of understanding of spirituality is showing (i am not surprised, coming from a fundamentalist christian). You can stand on whatever you want though(its your life afterall), but dont cry when people make fun of your ridiculous literal interpretation of the bible, thats all

as usual, you pick out one small point to hone in on, which is wrong anyways, and gone on a rant.

Shocking.

as usual, you pick out one small point to hone in on, which is wrong anyways, and gone on a rant.

Shocking.
I am not ranting at all, i am telling there is not ONE CORRECT way to interpret the bible, this is fact! if you think this is not a fact, then good on ya and goodluck

Jesus started a Church. Do you know your Church ?

Yahweh was the God of the OT who became incarnated in the person of Jesus

These people are the most profoundly stupid people on our planet.
There is nothing in any version of that book that aides human ingenuity and progression.
It is false,written by charlatans in a time that was one of the worst in our evolution.
It is the least complex text ever jumbled together by a bunch of goat *ers ever conceived apart from the unholy quran.
It's pathetic any modern 21st Century highly evolved primate would want or require this book.
Buuuuut each to their own demise I spose.

These people are the most profoundly stupid people on our planet.
There is nothing in any version of that book that aides human ingenuity and progression.
It is false,written by charlatans in a time that was one of the worst in our evolution.
It is the least complex text ever jumbled together by a bunch of goat gooses ever conceived apart from the unholy quran.
It's pathetic any modern 21st Century highly evolved primate would want or require this book.
Buuuuut each to their own demise I spose.

The fact that he reckons the Quran is not the word of god but the Bible is shows his bias. Ofcourse the Muslims will claim the opposite. Who wins you might ask? i will say neither, they are as delusional as anything.

The fact that he reckons the Quran is not the word of god but the Bible is shows his bias. Ofcourse the Muslims will claim the opposite. Who wins you might ask? i will say neither, they are as delusional as anything.
Cram them all into the holy lands take away powered weapons and let the games begin!
It would be ******* EPIC,I think my eyeballs would need changing because of overuse.

Cram them all into the holy lands take away powered weapons and let the games begin!
It would be ******* EPIC,I think my eyeballs would need changing because of overuse.
Kinda funny if you ask me, everyone thinks "their religion" is the right one. I just want some popcorn and coke and watch them destroy each other in forums obviously, in real warfare its quite sad.

Last edited:
Back