Is Jamie Cripps the most under rated Eagle ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Sheppard for me. Criminal that he only made an AA side once
Ive always thought he has been overrated. He was s**t for the first 6 years, and then was a handyish player who didn't really rebound all that much or lockdown all that well either.

With all those players named- Crippa has probably had the longevity & consistency that has never been recognised.

Ive always thought he has been overrated. He was s**t for the first 6 years, and then was a handyish player who didn't really rebound all that much or lockdown all that well either.
excuse me what GIF

I don’t think any Eagle of the current group is under rated, I think many are very much over rated. Cripps has been a good contributor, but he has way too many bad days to be considered under rated.
I think that's the thing- even on our bad days where JK has 1 goal, Darling 1 mark, Petrucelle 2 disposals etc , Cripps would still have his 10 and a few tackles and do something

I don’t think any Eagle of the current group is under rated, I think many are very much over rated. Cripps has been a good contributor, but he has way too many bad days to be considered under rated.
He plays a position where a bad day for the team inevitably leads to a howler for the player. It's not like he's a full time midfielder who can get 25-35 touches in a thrashing.

Smaller forward/HFF rotation is a fickle spot to be. Especially the WCE HFF of death.

He plays a position where a bad day for the team inevitably leads to a howler for the player. It's not like he's a full time midfielder who can get 25-35 touches in a thrashing.

Smaller forward/HFF rotation is a fickle spot to be. Especially the WCE HFF of death.
We haven't seen him for 2 months now - so we can judge what impact his absence has. I feel we've got other guys in there that are putting on OK pressure (eg West) but Cripps is a level above with goal scoring conversion. He's probably better with his inside 50s too.

We haven't seen him for 2 months now - so we can judge what impact his absence has. I feel we've got other guys in there that are putting on OK pressure (eg West) but Cripps is a level above with goal scoring conversion. He's probably better with his inside 50s too.
yeah well when you got players like Gaff not making the distance from 35 metres, we all want him back in!

*and f-u american spell checker that says i spelt "metre" wrong

Cripps is a strong tackler as well, renowned for 2nd and 3rd efforts. His efforts are always of high exertion as well, always leads us for sprints and repeat sprints when he's playing. I think he does a lot of work to cover for others.

Not creative like Ryan for example whose inside 50s are magic but he can be damaging on the quick rebound. Also doesn't mind actually having a shot off one step which you need sometimes.

Brad Sheppard was not overrated either for whoever said that. We haven't had an aerialist like him since he left, he was a defensive machine, could play small lockdown which we struggle with. He's the type of player you'd put on Toby Greene, Luke Bruest, Robbie Gray etc and he'd just shut them down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back