Is Mark Blicavs a symptom of what is wrong with the Cats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't be a worse tagger than O'Connor was at times.

Blicavs issue is he takes too long with ball in hand to make bad decisions. I would actually trial him at CHF and 2nd ruck instead of Esava.

O'Connor has played 10 games in midfield and received coaches votes in 3 of them. The guy is a genuine gun talent whose age and strengths are exactly what we need and people are treating him like he shouldn't be getting a game next year or is some sort of spud. The criticism of him is insane.

O'Connor has played 10 games in midfield and received coaches votes in 3 of them. The guy is a genuine gun talent whose age and strengths are exactly what we need and people are treating him like he shouldn't be getting a game next year or is some sort of spud. The criticism of him is insane.
Name one other team besides us and GWS who play a tagger. I will wait.

Melbourne? Nope. Port? Nope.

Also he got coaches votes V Carlton where their best mid Walsh had an absolute field day. Shutting down a crippled Cripps isn't really that impressive.

Oh ok, sorry - during lockdown.

still doesn’t answer the question.

where does ‘me me me’ come from.

his press conferences? Haven’t heard him blow his own trumpet. His media appearances? Well every coach has been on 360, some as regulars some as guests.

his gimmicks? Does he have any? Help me out here
Everything he does is about keeping himself secure in his position

Menegola is not quick. Smith is to an extent.

What all three (that's including Blicavs) has is endurance.

Endurance first then some pace as a cherry on top would be how to look at it. Blicavs to me looks quicker than Menegola.

If we are to keep both then Blicavs onto the wing to run all day and Menegola into the middle more often to get more of the ball and deliver using his foot skills.

Menegola is lucky to still be on the list, I've really gone off him. When he's on with the sting out of the game he's good, a lot of he time he's invisible.

I would suggest skills and footy nous would be handy on a wing, Blicavs has neither.

plenty of players have had great, or successful, seasons in teams that missed finals... like i get the point you're making, but i think you can be a tad black and white about this kind of thing at times.

im too young to have seen him play, but from all accounts robbie flower did his thing pretty successfully in his first 14 seasons without finals, for example.

I think Chapman's only b&f was in a year we didn't make the finals.

Also he got coaches votes V Carlton where their best mid Walsh had an absolute field day. Shutting down a crippled Cripps isn't really that impressive.

Melbourne - Harmes
Port - Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melbourne go with Harmes and Viney if a mid is breaking loose and casing havoc.
Bulldogs love to use Liberatore who is so good at finding the footy himself, he virtually does a Cameron Ling on the opposition. He should go straight onto Oliver in the grand final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back