Opinion Is McGovern overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't see him that much body work in contested situations though. The marks he takes are more often down to reading it in flight and then timing his run at it.
I doubt anyone defender could be in physical contests, and still mark as much as he does. he gets to the contest on his terms.

He reads the play like maybe nobody else, ever.

Guv is what you call a good old fashioned footballer (not athlete). Full of courage and reliable, and someone you would like to go to war with as he would protect your back:):thumbsu:

Yep - that's it in a nutshell.

Guv is a talented old fashion footballer who reads the play far better than many of those around him - that's why he out marks and out positions his opponents so regularly.

I really struggle with the title of this thread - it seems to be asking a pointless question that is answered by the evidence on a weekly basis. To the best of my recollection I have never even heard the bias Vic commentary ask that question.

Anyway, discussion is fine I suppose - my view is that he is one of the best back man that has pulled on an AFL jumper in quite some time. I think he is much better than Rance - and I like Rance.

Oh and yes - he played a huge part in winning our fourth AFL Premiers flag.

QED

:westcoast:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back