Society/Culture Is mocking the Prophet Muhammed fair game?

Is Mocking Muhammed fair enough?

• Yes of course, play on

Votes: 110 89.4%
  • No, crossing the line

Votes: 13 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

However the war was not caused by, and the outcome was not affected by that issue.

Antisemitism played a huge part in the war.

Although to be fair, that antisemitism itself stemmed from Nationalism (the real cause).

Ohh thats right , how good of the Japanese to pre-empt the evil Americans and protect ????? from them.

Where did I call the Americans 'evil'?

My point was the Americans were always going to get involved in the War (and it wasnt going to be on Japans side).

The Japanese thought by hitting the USA first (and hard) that they could cripple US Naval power in the Pacific, and weaken US resolve against the Japanese (forecasting that the Americans would be drawn into war with first Germany, and then the Russians - with whom the Japanese were either allied with or engaged in a non agression pact).

The decision not to occupy Hawai after bombing it was a much bigger mistake than bombing it in the first place.

OKKKAAAYYYY.
If you live in Israel you are free to follow islam.
There was no Palestinian state under the Ottomans.
SO WHAT IS THE ******* PROBLEM
Sorry mate, I still can't make out what your saying. The major problem I'm having is trying to relate your posts to what I wrote.

Sorry mate, I still can't make out what your saying. The major problem I'm having is trying to relate your posts to what I wrote.

I think what you wrote was s**t, though to tell you the truth I am under the influence of evil alcahol right now which may be causing some incoherence. But hell, I enjoy it.

That sort of thing. Not enough credit is given to the Europeans for the invention of terrorism, as practised by the Anarchists in the last quarter of the 19th Cent. Being the canny people that they are, those of the Jewish persuasion saw the value of this tactic when they revived it, in order to set up their state in what is now Israel. It may be that it is at this point where my argument founders, given that those of the Jewish persuasion, who went to Palestine from Europe after WW2, considered themselves natives of Palestine, by right. Is it any wonder I'm confused?

You're right. It's completely the West's fault the Islamic world has done very little since the end of the Ottoman empire.

You're right. It's completely the West's fault the Islamic world has done very little since the end of the Ottoman empire.
I hate, 'not sure if you're serious', but if you have a close look at what happened between wars, the British and others caused most of what has subsequently come home to roost in the region. Trying to impose national boundaries upon tribes, to suit ulterior economic imperatives was never going to work. Apologies if I've grossly misinterpreted you

I hate, 'not sure if you're serious', but if you have a close look at what happened between wars, the British and others caused most of what has subsequently come home to roost in the region. Trying to impose national boundaries upon tribes, to suit ulterior economic imperatives was never going to work. Apologies if I've grossly misinterpreted you

Sure, the Brits stuffed up big time - as they did in many places. But the Balkans is doing pretty well, despite similar utensil-ups.

Any place where religion plays too large a role - just like the bible belt - isn't going to be progressive.

Sure, the Brits stuffed up big time - as they did in many places. But the Balkans is doing pretty well, despite similar utensil-ups.

Any place where religion plays too large a role - just like the bible belt - isn't going to be progressive.
The essence of the Balkans conflict is still not resolved. There is merely the convenient appearance of it. 800 years of ludicrous, barbaric tribalism there will not be washed away overnight.

Frankly, I think that the emphasis throughout the world on the importance of the Middle East (there's a geographical determinism in itself) is, sadly, misplaced. All of the players in this ongoing conflict have benefited from the illusion that this is the most important issue in the world. It's not. The only reason any of the players attribute any significance to places like Jerusalem is their historic position as a meeting of trade routes dating back 3,000 years. This is madness. Of course, it's all about money, in the end.

Feel free to disregard all of the above, like SaintsSeptember, I'm just indulging in an uncontrolled rant.

On Islam, why do we pussy-foot around the so called 'war-on-terror'? It's actually essentially the War on Islam.

No doubt there are millions of Muslims who are, to an extent, secular and keen to be a part of a global, civil society. But needless to say, they are are almost silent due to having nothing to say which makes sense within the framework of Islam - and more to the point, they are afraid of getting killed. The problem is compounded by the fact anyone who at all criticises Islam is described as racist or Islamphobic; the latter, incidently, being possibly the most overused and misunderstood term of the 21st century.

The essence of the Balkans conflict is still not resolved. There is merely the convenient appearance of it. 800 years of ludicrous, barbaric tribalism there will not be washed away overnight.

Frankly, I think that the emphasis throughout the world on the importance of the Middle East (there's a geographical determinism in itself) is, sadly, misplaced. All of the players in this ongoing conflict have benefited from the illusion that this is the most important issue in the world. It's not. The only reason any of the players attribute any significance to places like Jerusalem is their historic position as a meeting of trade routes dating back 3,000 years. This is madness. Of course, it's all about money, in the end.

Feel free to disregard all of the above, like SaintsSeptember, I'm just indulging in an uncontrolled rant.

Sure, Israel and its surrounds only has importance because of its religious significance, but that's like saying Rome only has significance because it used to be a place of importance.

As long as most Islamic states reject secularism they'll be left behind.

So basically your argument boils down to: I hate Islam therefore :thumbsu: to Israel?

No. Completely misinterpreted.

My argument is "Palestine" has not been Muslem state Palestine in a long time ... or maybe ever. If they are under Israeli rule what is the problem, oh apart from their irrational racist hatred of Jews.

On Islam, why do we pussy-foot around the so called 'war-on-terror'? It's actually essentially the War on Islam.

No doubt there are millions of Muslims who are, to an extent, secular and keen to be a part of a global, civil society. But needless to say, they are are almost silent due to having nothing to say which makes sense within the framework of Islam - and more to the point, they are afraid of getting killed. The problem is compounded by the fact anyone who at all criticises Islam is described as racist or Islamphobic; the latter, incidently, being possibly the most overused and misunderstood term of the 21st century.

Pretty sure the Islammic state of Malaysia, was not targeted in the war on terror.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Completely misinterpreted.

My argument is "Palestine" has not been Muslem state Palestine in a long time ... or maybe ever. If they are under Israeli rule what is the problem, oh apart from their irrational racist hatred of Jews.

But there IS a huge internally displaced population who identify as Palestinian who need their ken state because no one will take them and that is all that counts. What has religion got to do with anything? They aren't under Israeli law, they're under Israeli occupation. That is the problem. Personally I think Israel should have the west bank & the civilian population living in it & everyone should live in one secular state equal under Israeli law. That will never happen though because that would threaten Israel's dream of being a Jewish state as Arabs would quickly outnumber Jews

But there IS a huge internally displaced population who identify as Palestinian who need their ken state because no one will take them and that is all that counts. What has religion got to do with anything? They aren't under Israeli law, they're under Israeli occupation. That is the problem. Personally I think Israel should have the west bank & the civilian population living in it & everyone should live in one secular state equal under Israeli law. That will never happen though because that would threaten Israel's dream of being a Jewish state as Arabs would quickly outnumber Jews

Is a Muslem living in Israel worse off than a Jew living in some of the more hardarse Islammic States?

Is a Muslem living in Israel worse off than a Jew living in some of the more hardarse Islammic States?

I'm sure the vast majority of regular Palestinian would love to live under Israeli law but that's not the issue, the issue is the stateless millions who live under Israeli military rule but do not enjoy the protection of Israeli law.

I assume you know he's not Jewish. From memory Coptic Christian. Anyway, same s**t - got to wonder why this guy needed to stir up religious ill-feel.
no i didnt know he is coptic christian
but because they live in a muslim country,they get born with a with a hatred of islam anyway

Back