Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

So ... out of all the presidents of all the countries of the world, and out of all the times this could have happened, the Iranian president dies in a helicopter crash weeks after attacking Israel.

Coincidence? It looks about as accidental as the death of Yevgeny Prigozhin.

If Mossad is behind this this does have a Franz Ferdinand feel to it.

There were members of Hamas who were school teachers and supported non-violent resistance. So should we stop saying bad things about Hamas too, just in case we offend some of the non-terrorist ones?
What do you think the answer is if you had to guess?

So they can’t bomb and they can’t target individuals.
Sounds like something from a Hamas meeting in September .
And yet they're doing both. If they'd killed individuals and mostly left the civilians alone, then the Israeli government might have some justification that they're not monsters as bad as Hamas, if not worse.

I think you've missed the point. They're talking about the way "Zionist" is being used as a slur. When to many "Zionists" it simply means supporting the existence of a Jewish state - supporting the existence of Israel - not supporting expansion or religious fundamentalism or whatever else is being ascribed to the meaning by some.
I really don't care what Zionists define the term as. What Zionism has become in 2024 is simply fascism with the Jewish people now being the favoured group, and the Palestinians being considered lesser people.

You have literally compared Zionist's to Nazi's, then deny making slurs.
Well gee, perhaps the Israeli government shouldn't act like fascists if they don't want to be mistaken for fascists.

Last edited:
Why are you both parroting language used by far-right morons. "Cancel culture" isn't a real thing. People getting held accountable is a perfectly normal and reasonable part of a progressive society. This is nothing to do with that though.

Literally no one here is saying that. That's a strawman argument.

But you are the one doing that. I'm simply trying to get you to not do that.
On the neonazis/antisemitic point while it’s not said in this thread it was said prominently by Dutton, and the AJA that protesting the actions of Israel (specifically the indiscriminate killing of Palestinians) is antisemitic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t this the way everyone on here wanted Israel to go about things?
Just eliminate Hamas without the bombing. Defeat Hamas without civilian casualties. Super spy movie stuff.
So if laws don't matter I can just drag my neighbour out the back and drop him down a a mine shaft cos I don't like the way he looked at the kids?

Do you think they don't understand that they're behaving like Nazis, or do you think they know they are, but it's ok because they're the chosen people?

I'm very comfortable calling the supporters of the current state of Israel fascists and Genocidaires (Nazis). The ICC Prosecutor and most of the world agrees that the current state of Israel is led by Genocidal fascists. Support for that is unconscionable.

If you're offended by that, that's going to have to be your problem to bear. You might want to think about why you're offended and why you're supporting this state rather than what words people are using to describe it.

They were summarily executed without trial by soldiers in disguise.

If Hamas did this in a Tel Aviv hospital you'd tell us it was brutal terrorism.
You don't need to wonder what they'd call it. When their soldiers are stabbed by civilians, they do call it terrorism.

They think disguising yourself as medical staff and shooting a cripple in the head in their hospital bed is not as bad as stabbing a soldier in uniform.

Why? Because they believe they're superior no matter what they do. Fascism 101.

So ... out of all the presidents of all the countries of the world, and out of all the times this could have happened, the Iranian president dies in a helicopter crash weeks after attacking Israel.

Coincidence? It looks about as accidental as the death of Yevgeny Prigozhin.
A lot of middle eastern nations dislikes Israel. Iran is no exception.

I will await Iranian government and their reply.

Iran has had their cold war with Saudi Arabia too.

I don't think Iran will try and invade Israel, but will fund certain Muslim groups in Israel

A lot of middle eastern nations dislikes Israel. Iran is no exception.

I will await Iranian government and their reply.

Iran has had their cold war with Saudi Arabia too.

I don't think Iran will try and invade Israel, but will fund certain Muslim groups in Israel
I don't think there's much more they could or would be willing to do with those groups.

I'll be more worried when a new President is elected. They'll likely want to make some sort of change in direction. Hopefully it's away from violence.

And yet they're doing both. If they'd killed individuals and mostly left the civilians alone, then the Israeli government might have some justification that they're not monsters as bad as Hamas, if not worse.

Off topic a bit but would you be happy if Australia or other United Nations forces aided Israel with soldiers on the ground if they had decided to target Hamas using humane close quarters fighting?

Because I’m thinking governments around the world are pretty happy with the way Israel have gone about this.

Because I’m thinking governments around the world are pretty happy with the way Israel have gone about this.
WTF are you talking about?

The whole world (except the USA formally) has condemned how they've gone about it. The UNGA and UNSC all roundly condemned it and the ICC is seeking warrants for their arrest for war crimes.

WHat planet are you on which supports the way Israel have gone about this?

Off topic a bit but would you be happy if Australia or other United Nations forces aided Israel with soldiers on the ground if they had decided to target Hamas using humane close quarters fighting?

If Israel weren't supported by the US, a lot more nations would be a lot more heavy handed in their responses to this. Both verbally and sanctions.

The only reason so many western countries are being so careful in what their saying IMO is that they have to keep the US on side, and the US is still staunchly pro-Israel.

The best thing that can happen for the Israeli people are for the ICC arrest warrants to actually go out for Netanyahu and Gollant as it gives them (the people, and the Government excluding those two) a chance to change direction.

No. If the UN was to get involved in this, it should have happened decades ago to ensure Palestinians could live in dignity. That would have prevented the rise of Hamas altogether. Getting involved now on the Israeli side in any capacity would just be supporting fascist settler colonialism. That's not what the goals of the UN are.

Don't conflate the West with "most governments around the world".

I don't think there's much more they could or would be willing to do with those groups.

I'll be more worried when a new President is elected. They'll likely want to make some sort of change in direction. Hopefully it's away from violence.
That’s taking the piss innit?
“elected”?🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back