News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol the David Mandie building will crumble before the Jack Dyer Stand!

The JDS is a literal brick s-house!

It’s a tank of a thing. I love how it sits low and bottom-heavy, immovable.

It’s been through a bit, needs the possum poo cleaned out and a re-roofing, but it’s still holding strong in old Richmond town - a symboL/metaphor for our club!
Just so long as no more than 20 people sit in it at the same time...

the super-struture needs renovating, no doubt, the sub-structure will survive a nuclear attack!

Might be the safest place to be in Melbourne during a nuclear attack!
Prolly survive the nuclear attack then walk out and slip on some half baked possum pooh and smash your head open and spread your brains on the concrete path...

Lol the David Mandie building will crumble before the Jack Dyer Stand!

The JDS is a literal brick s-house!

It’s a tank of a thing. I love how it sits low and bottom-heavy, immovable.

It’s been through a bit, needs the possum poo cleaned out and a re-roofing, but it’s still holding strong in old Richmond town - a symboL/metaphor for our club!
Perhaps you could run a fundraiser to move it to Citizens Park, it will easily cater to the crowds there, and the rest of us can move forward with the new development and its plethora of benefits to the club, members and visitors #WinWin

Lakeside oval good example also, there is plenty of really creative and smart design out there.

BUT it's the wrong time for even my preferred plan to go ahead.

This has gone from 65 million to now a 100 million; it could end up at 150 million at that rate of inflation, and everyone is saying get used to inflation where it is.

At the same time, the club is in a contraction phase, we suck hard on field, very good candidates for the wooden spoon currently. And we all know that could last for years. Members will stick fat, you hope we maintain 100k, but our crowds are already down, and revenues will follow.

This redevelopment was a great idea around 2018, but everything is going in the wrong direction currently.

RFC would be prudent to postpone this whole endeavour until it makes financial/operational sense.

There is no shame in pressing 'pause', Vic gov. has just done exactly that on major infrastructure projects for some of the reasons I have mentioned above. This is not the right time for ambitious spending projects, to say the very least!

Two words: Legend's Stand....brick by brick we could bury the club.
We may have to reconsider the orig plan and as said before perhaps more like the Maddie building that’d cost half the price , prob biggest problem with that is it would req a revised planning permit which would be least preferred option and create uncertainty

We may have to reconsider the orig plan and as said before perhaps more like the Maddie building that’d cost half the price , prob biggest problem with that is it would req a revised planning permit which would be least preferred option and create uncertainty
Just delete part of the basement and save millions.

Question - if Benny Gale personally called you and spent 5 minutes each with you asking for a $200 donation if the club personell personally matched it, would you agree?
Benny publicly calling out the umpire bias against us and naming the worst maggot offenders would be worth $200!

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perhaps you could run a fundraiser to move it to Citizens Park, it will easily cater to the crowds there, and the rest of us can move forward with the new development and its plethora of benefits to the club, members and visitors #WinWin
hope you were watching the 77 inside 50s the mediocre Dogs put in tonight.
Most in the history of their club I was told...?
In 100 years no team has sucked as hard as us defensively against the Doggies

for 19.19

you think that the more talented Brisbane, Essendon, Cats etc. will also generously score 19.19?
Or 30 goals 10 behinds?

And do you think we will be bursting at the seams with members and visitors then?

I've been trying to tell people on here for weeks, hopefully it is finally dawning after tonight
If you can't see where this is going, for quite some time in terms of on-field performance, and therefore crowds, revenue etc., I can't help you.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME.

hope you were watching the 77 inside 50s the mediocre Dogs put in tonight.
Most in the history of their club I was told...?
In 100 years no team has sucked as hard as us defensively against the Doggies

for 19.19

you think that the more talented Brisbane, Essendon, Cats etc. will also generously score 19.19?
Or 30 goals 10 behinds?

And do you think we will be bursting at the seams with members and visitors then?

I've been trying to tell people on here for weeks, hopefully it is finally dawning after tonight
If you can't see where this is going, for quite some time in terms of on-field performance, and therefore crowds, revenue etc., I can't help you.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME.
Rubbish, you are only interested in saving the brick s**t house, its a useless pile of bricks that no one can sit in. We need to build now for later, to expand and create revenue from attendance at the new venue as well as housing all facets of the club, what is 100 mill today is 200 mill tomorrow get over it

If you were the incoming CEO, would you want this paused, scrapped or underway?

Dare say, Benny wants this underway before his departure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
might have a possum fetish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish, you are only interested in saving the brick s**t house, its a useless pile of bricks that no one can sit in. We need to build now for later, to expand and create revenue from attendance at the new venue as well as housing all facets of the club, what is 100 mill today is 200 mill tomorrow get over it
Focus on footy is the smart move I reckon, we will need money to pay out coaches contracts early etc. going forward

Just wait and see how dark this gets on-field, the consequences of tonight alone are massive in terms of forward ticket sales.mPeople won't continue to pay to see Captain Nank jog on the spot.

Imagine what people are thinking who have pre-booked the Brisbane game next week...they will still use the flight tix, but might prefer to be elsewhere than the Gabba.

It's time to batten down the hatches for a year or two. Keep an eye on what North is doing at Arden while in a similar position to us on-field...(quick search - redevelopment just finished, costing 7 million)

Focus on footy is the smart move I reckon, we will need money to pay out coaches contracts early etc. going forward

Just wait and see how dark this gets on-field, the consequences of tonight alone are massive in terms of forward ticket sales.mPeople won't continue to pay to see Captain Nank jog on the spot.

Imagine what people are thinking who have pre-booked the Brisbane game next week...they will still use the flight tix, but might prefer to be elsewhere than the Gabba.

It's time to batten down the hatches for a year or two. Keep an eye on what North is doing at Arden while in a similar position to us on-field...(quick search - redevelopment just finished, costing 7 million)
I agree get the FD and club right first as this could be an economic disaster that could put the club in greater financial hardship than when Gale arrived. This is definitely not the time to take such a risk.

I agree get the FD and club right first as this could be an economic disaster that could put the club in greater financial hardship than when Gale arrived. This is definitely not the time to take such a risk.
We already have most of the money, we were crap when the last development was built and the club was in debt but it still went ahead and the results speak for themselves. Its a no brainer

We already have most of the money, we were crap when the last development was built and the club was in debt but it still went ahead and the results speak for themselves. Its a no brainer
How much is most of the money? How do you know what the final cost will be? The cost only needs to blow out by 5-10% and we're in trouble. I'm not against it, but i just think we need to be cautious.

They got 7 million from the govt not the total cost :drunk:

How much is most of the money? How do you know what the final cost will be? The cost only needs to blow out by 5-10% and we're in trouble. I'm not against it, but i just think we need to be cautious.
I heard around 85 million but that was months ago

I’m not wasting three hours drive for the first time

Fighting tiger fund anyone?

Ouch we are then $15 mil out of pocket. That's without any blowouts in building costs. We need to pull the pin on this immediately as this isn't the local church working bee.
They already have calculated a blow out 60 mill to 100 mill, we need to write down profit so the AFL doesn't give it to other clubs

Ouch we are then $15 mil out of pocket. That's without any blowouts in building costs. We need to pull the pin on this immediately as this isn't the local church working bee.
If we get into a financial hole do you thing the CFL will bail us out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back