Free Agency Jackson Trengove [signed with Bulldogs]

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Trengove that much? He's not an elite backman and often takes a second tall. He's not bad for a KPP pinch hitting as a ruckman but I'm not convinced he can do that for a whole season successfully. He doesn't seem to blanket gun forwards that much. Be genuinely curious to how his bulldogs salary will compare to the likes of McGovern, Hurley, Tomlinson, May, Grundy, Carlisle, Tarrant, Rance, Astbury, Lever, Taylor etc

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Trengove that much? He's not an elite backman and often takes a second tall. He's not bad for a KPP pinch hitting as a ruckman but I'm not convinced he can do that for a whole season successfully. He doesn't seem to blanket gun forwards that much. Be genuinely curious to how his bulldogs salary will compare to the likes of McGovern, Hurley, Tomlinson, May, Grundy, Carlisle, Tarrant, Rance, Astbury, Lever, Taylor etc
You would be surprised how good a backman he would be in a KPD role - its just that at Port Adelaide with Bassett we are all in for the mobile "team defence" which statistically was the 2nd best in the league this year. He is not the most mobile backman in terms of coming off his man to help out a teammate, nor the greatest kick.
Having said that, genuinely hope that he thrives at the Bulldogs, I think all Port fans do.

You’re right but didn’t you notice some our comical defence against high balls this year?

He will be a definite upgrade on what we have

Remove this Banner Ad

Back