Recommitted Kai Lohmann [Re-signed with Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s out of contract you’ve got no leverage if he wants to leave and come home
This only really works if you’re dealing with the wooden spooners. There’s no PSD threat since Hawks or West Coast could take him if no deal was reached. If it got to that point, Lohmann can easily just extend with the Lions for the single year and deal with a team willing to pay a reasonable price the following year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond were keen on him in his draft year.
Haven’t heard whether we still are though.

Wouldn’t think he would cost much trade wise given exposed form.

I was told that he was one of the names on Geelongs radar in his draft year. Looks a talent and should be back into the AFL team shortly

He was yes before brisbane took him first. Im not sure we would be as keen now we have ollie henry and dempsey though as all three of them are similar player types (i do like lohmann though).

He was yes before brisbane took him first. Im not sure we would be as keen now we have ollie henry and dempsey though as all three of them are similar player types (i do like lohmann though).

Don't think he's quite as good a mark as henry but maybe a bit more dynamic with ball in hand? Not to say he can't take a grab over his head, just think Henry's pretty special in that regard.

Lohmann's had some ludicrous VFL games, a lot of 18-22 touches and 3+ goals. Hopefully he can see a spot in the team opening up with Zorko likely retiring and all our small forwards 28/29.

Don't think he's quite as good a mark as henry but maybe a bit more dynamic with ball in hand? Not to say he can't take a grab over his head, just think Henry's pretty special in that regard.

Lohmann's had some ludicrous VFL games, a lot of 18-22 touches and 3+ goals. Hopefully he can see a spot in the team opening up with Zorko likely retiring and all our small forwards 28/29.

Oh look i think hes very good lohmann i do agree henry is a better mark (henry is ridiculously good above his head for his size as is his brother) but lohmann has more speed and is more dynamic.I just meant more hes similar to henry and dempsey in that all of them mark well for their size but are third tall fwds (ie not kpfs and not small fwds) who probably wont become full time mids. In geelongs system cameron will be the focal point for years (im talking post hawkins) and stengle close and miers are essential (because of the way they contribute to our defensive pressure and ball movement) so that really only leaves one or two spots for non mids in our fwd line. Unless lohmann plans to become a full time mid down the track he would find it easier to get games as a fwd at clubs other than us (hawks, north, essendon probably all examples of this).

Oh look i think hes very good lohmann i do agree henry is a better mark (henry is ridiculously good above his head for his size as is his brother) but lohmann has more speed and is more dynamic.I just meant more hes similar to henry and dempsey in that all of them mark well for their size but are third tall fwds (ie not kpfs and not small fwds) who probably wont become full time mids. In geelongs system cameron will be the focal point for years (im talking post hawkins) and stengle close and miers are essential (because of the way they contribute to our defensive pressure and ball movement) so that really only leaves one or two spots for non mids in our fwd line. Unless lohmann plans to become a full time mid down the track he would find it easier to get games as a fwd at clubs other than us (hawks, north, essendon probably all examples of this).
I can see him becoming part of a midfield rotation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back