Recommitted Kai Lohmann [Re-signed with Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick in the 30's if he wants to leave
Or future picks? Ashcroft mk 2 due to the Lions next year so I'm sure Brisbane will welcome points.

pick 40+ at best, played 8 games in 2 years most as sub and kicked 1 goal

Have a look at the side he plays for ?? Wasn't many opportunities for a reason. He had Charlie Cameron - Linc McCarthy - Cam Rayner and Zac Bailey ahead of him. I think more likely a pick in the 30s. But who knows. Lions want future draft picks for Levi Ashcroft.

Have a look at the side he plays for ?? Wasn't many opportunities for a reason. He had Charlie Cameron - Linc McCarthy - Cam Rayner and Zac Bailey ahead of him. I think more likely a pick in the 30s. But who knows. Lions want future draft picks for Levi Ashcroft.
He is OOC and again played 8 games which most were as sub, If he was good enough he would've gotten a game over McCarthy who isn't exactly a star

What we get for Zerk, could be turned into Lohman I guess.

He is OOC and again played 8 games which most were as sub, If he was good enough he would've gotten a game over McCarthy who isn't exactly a star

He's not pushing McCarthy out in his first 2 years in the system. Linc's defensive pressure, leap, experience is far more important to our forward line compared to the youth/energy that Kai would add.

If Lohmann stays, he will replace McCarthy in the next 2.

He's not pushing McCarthy out in his first 2 years in the system. Linc's defensive pressure, leap, experience is far more important to our forward line compared to the youth/energy that Kai would add.

If Lohmann stays, he will replace McCarthy in the next 2.
So guy who has shown nothing at AFL level and can't displace a role player and is OOC is suddenly valuable?

So guy who has shown nothing at AFL level and can't displace a role player and is OOC is suddenly valuable?

Both Charlie and McCarthy will be 30 next year and Lohmann is the only small forward prospect in our list who has shown he's capable of filling that void. Yes he is valuable for us.

The fact that we didn't need his 18/19 year old body to save us in last 2 years doesn't mean he has declined in worth. If you think so, may be your club should step aside and let other suitors decide. Seems like Essendon are keen too.

Both Charlie and McCarthy will be 30 next year and Lohmann is the only small forward prospect in our list who has shown he's capable of filling that void. Yes he is valuable for us.

The fact that we didn't need his 18/19 year old body to save us in last 2 years doesn't mean he has declined in worth. If you think so, may be your club should step aside and let other suitors decide. Seems like Essendon are keen too.
His value to you is meaningless now and is the same as ours when Lipinski went to Collingwood or Carlton when Petrevski-Seton went to West Coast,

The reality is he has done nothing at AFL level in 2 years and is OOC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His value to you is meaningless now and is the same as ours when Lipinski went to Collingwood or Carlton when Petrevski-Seton went to West Coast,

The reality is he has done nothing at AFL level in 2 years and is OOC

Our perception of his value is still meaningful if you want to get him through a trade. If you reckon PSD or some other means, then good luck with that.

Like you said, he's worth nothing, may be you shouldn't even trade for him - wait and see if he's available at your pick, take him for free ?

pick 40+ at best, played 8 games in 2 years most as sub and kicked 1 goal

If that's the case, Jordon Sweet would be worth a pick in the 70s+ yet you think he's worth pick 43 in the other thread. I think Sweet is worth a token 60+ pick based on what he's shown (ruckman that can't ruck out a game at AFL level).

That being said, I do think Lohmann for a late second or a couple of thirds (current + future third) might be the best we do given how these usually work out unfortunately.

Last edited:
really his value should not be that much lower than where he was drafted given its the conclusion of his rookie contract and his vfl form but we will get much lower than that
Not to mention his done next to nothing at AFL level.

Someone doesn't watch many Lions games? Maybe one or two a year depending how often the Dogs play the Lions I'm guessing.
I watch most games each week actually,

He is a forward who has kicked 1 career goal he has done nothing at the level

Small forward is one of the hardest positions to play on the ground particularly early in you career, there are not many Charlie Cameron's or Eddie Betts's around.

FWIW I would much prefer he stays with us.... if he goes the best we are going to get IMO is a pick in the mid 30s unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back