Recommitted Kai Lohmann [Re-signed with Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

More interesting question is what is he worth?

More than what we'll get for him if he doesn't re-sign. I think he's still worth an early 20s pick as he hasn't show he is unworthy of his original selection, but having only played 2 senior games (one of which he got subbed out of with an ankle injury in the first half) and being out of contract we'd be lucky to get something around pick 30.

If he selected a bottom 4 club reckon we'd end up with a future third which would stink, but it happens.

More than what we'll get for him if he doesn't re-sign. I think he's still worth an early 20s pick as he hasn't show he is unworthy of his original selection, but having only played 2 senior games (one of which he got subbed out of with an ankle injury in the first half) and being out of contract we'd be lucky to get something around pick 30.

If he selected a bottom 4 club reckon we'd end up with a future third which would stink, but it happens.
We could give you the dogs second round pick for him that’s better than a stinking third!

A combo of future picks, given Ashcroft mk 2 is due next year?

A combo of future picks, given Ashcroft mk 2 is due next year?

I wonder if we'd prefer picks this year especially if we lose a few players as we have quite a few out of contract that could leave for further opportunity (Lohmann, Robertson, Fullarton, Lyons, Mathieson etc.), as well as Adams' future being in doubt. We're also running with the minimum main list size at 36.

Trading for future points for a F/S can feel like a waste of value, especially since it seems so easy to just assemble the points during the relevant trade period. We went into the last year's trade period with just one pick in each round, and came out with matching pick 2 and 11, Dunkley and a future third, in exchange for our future first and the pick 35 we got for McStay.

I wonder if we'd prefer picks this year especially if we lose a few players as we have quite a few out of contract that could leave for further opportunity (Lohmann, Robertson, Fullarton, Lyons, Mathieson etc.), as well as Adams' future being in doubt. We're also running with the minimum main list size at 36.

Trading for future points for a F/S can feel like a waste of value, especially since it seems so easy to just assemble the points during the relevant trade period. We went into the last year's trade period with just one pick in each round, and came out with matching pick 2 and 11, Dunkley and a future third, in exchange for our future first and the pick 35 we got for McStay.
I know a few on the Bulldogs board are keen on Lohmann, but we have your second rounder which is likely to be very late. Not sure that's enough for him.

I know a few on the Bulldogs board are keen on Lohmann, but we have your second rounder which is likely to be very late. Not sure that's enough for him.

I mean in reality if he does leave, he chooses a team and we take whatever value that team is willing to offer (within some reason). I don't think the Dogs future second is likely to be a particularly early pick either. Swings and roundabouts. We benefited from Dunkley requesting a trade to us, and I don't think we paid fair value for him.

I've heard (from semi reliable sources in Victoria) that Hawthorn is the team chasing him the hardest at the moment.

I mean in reality if he does leave, he chooses a team and we take whatever value that team is willing to offer (within some reason). I don't think the Dogs future second is likely to be a particularly early pick either.

I've heard (from semi reliable sources in Victoria) that Hawthorn is the team chasing him the hardest at the moment.
Brother Jacob is a handy footballer too, currently playing for the Saints VFL team Sandringham so it wouldn't surprise if they have interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean in reality if he does leave, he chooses a team and we take whatever value that team is willing to offer (within some reason). I don't think the Dogs future second is likely to be a particularly early pick either. Swings and roundabouts. We benefited from Dunkley requesting a trade to us, and I don't think we paid fair value for him.

I was thinking a second this year is that's the Lions preference. Late future picks for balance.
A lot of water to go under the bridge first. Interesting to hear about the Hawks.

St Kilda do have a lot of those medium/small forward types with Butler, Higgins, Owens, Gresham etc. though. I'd imagine his preference would be moving for more game time.
I saw a lot of Kai's footy at the Rebels and always thought he was capable of squirts in the midfield as well...I was on the Kai train long before most of the draft pundits on here had even heard of him.

Under AFL rules, I'm not sure you're allowed to trade that pick back to us.

Certainly not allowed to in a straight pick for pick/s swap. Pretty sure you're not allowed to in a player for pick trade either.

Under AFL rules, I'm not sure you're allowed to trade that pick back to us.

Certainly not allowed to in a straight pick for pick/s swap. Pretty sure you're not allowed to in a player for pick trade either.
We discussed this at length last year you simply give the club that had the next pick after an upgrade and they give you a token late pick back it’s easy to work around that rule.

Id hope the dons would trump that with our current 2nd or future 2nd whatever they prefer

Not that, thats how it works

But i hope if we cant get Schulz as a FA then were heavily into Lohmann

There’s a weird fascination with him on the Dogs board. 90% of the posters wanting him will have never seen him play.
The kid can play has been one of the standout players in the Lions VFL side this season would be a great addition to any team if he left for more games I would actually have him in front of McCarthy but Fages has favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back