Recommitted Kai Lohmann [Re-signed with Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can he play legit half forward or is he a small forward only?
Played midfield for his school.

When he was drafted, the Lions recruiters specifically mentioned they hope to develop his midfield skills further.

That said, he can be a shocking field kick at times.

dropped this week

To be fair he warranted dropping. Ah Chee is best 22 when fit (and finally fit and had a run of VFL games), and given he'll be playing forward (a place he's kicked 5) it makes sense.

Was keen to get a look at him the last couple of weeks but he was pretty poor. I'm a bit worried that Noah Cumberland will request a trade at the end of the year as he's not getting much of a go but in saying that I don't think Dimma was a huge fan.

A direct swap could see both guys back home?

Was keen to get a look at him the last couple of weeks but he was pretty poor. I'm a bit worried that Noah Cumberland will request a trade at the end of the year as he's not getting much of a go but in saying that I don't think Dimma was a huge fan.

That's an interesting suggestion but we rarely see player for player swaps these days for some reason.

That's an interesting suggestion but we rarely see player for player swaps these days for some reason.
Andrew Collins for Shaun Grigg was my favourite straight swap ;)

Reckon both fan bases would feel ripped off which probably means it's a fair deal. Lohmann younger and higher draft pick, Cumberland showed far more at afl level but inconsistent.

Andrew Collins for Shaun Grigg was my favourite straight swap ;)

Reckon both fan bases would feel ripped off which probably means it's a fair deal. Lohmann younger and higher draft pick, Cumberland showed far more at afl level but inconsistent.

Cumberland is a player Richmond should persist with imo.

He is going through a rough patch/down on confidence right now, Tom Lynch's on going injury problems means there is rather more pressure on him, but there is a decent forward player in there. I would keep him if I was Richmond

Grigg/Collins, the ultimate 0-0 draw

Collins was a bust for us, bur Turtle (Grigg) ended up being a very fine (and probably underrated) premiership player for The Tiges

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realise Cumberland had a pretty decent season last year but I don't think he's worth as much as a second year player who was a first round pick (albeit at pick 20)? As a Brisbane fan I'm not keen as we definitely don't need another unaccountable small forward.

Lohmann hasn't played seniors for us because he's had Charlie Cameron, Zac Bailey, Cam Rayner, Linc McCarthy etc ahead of him; cumberland has been well out of favour for whatever reason. I've seen enough at VFL level that Lohmann's got x factor, its just whether he will put it together with consistent AFL games.

I realise Cumberland had a pretty decent season last year but I don't think he's worth as much as a second year player who was a first round pick (albeit at pick 20)? As a Brisbane fan I'm not keen as we definitely don't need another unaccountable small forward.

Lohmann hasn't played seniors for us because he's had Charlie Cameron, Zac Bailey, Cam Rayner, Linc McCarthy etc ahead of him; cumberland has been well out of favour for whatever reason. I've seen enough at VFL level that Lohmann's got x factor, its just whether he will put it together with consistent AFL games.
Cumberland is effectively only a 3rd year after missing a full season with an ACL but I get your point. He has also had a few handy players ahead of him the last few years. Dimma is on record saying he plays a bit too similar to Dusty when he plays forward so the mix wasn't quite right. His defensive side has improved a lot this year.

As for the X factor and consistancy....you could be describing Cumberland, but he has shown it at AFL level. He has kicked multiple goals in 8 of his first 14 games including multiple 3's and a bag of 5.

As I said I reckon both sides would be unhappy with that deal which probably means it's around the mark. Anyway it was just a thought, unlikely to happen.

dont believe we has academy access to ryan, did not spend long enough in it

unsure on cumberland
Yeah looks like you're right. Still....he was right under your nose.

"Though part of the Lions' academy, the club was not given priority access to match any other club's bid on Ryan at the 2019 AFL national draft owing to his relatively late move to Queensland. In any case he was eventually passed over by all 18 clubs."

Lions chose not to match our bid for Cumberland @ pick 43 in the 2019 draft.

Yeah looks like you're right. Still....he was right under your nose.

"Though part of the Lions' academy, the club was not given priority access to match any other club's bid on Ryan at the 2019 AFL national draft owing to his relatively late move to Queensland. In any case he was eventually passed over by all 18 clubs."

Lions chose not to match our bid for Cumberland @ pick 43 in the 2019 draft.
Think it was because of the list spots. They prioritised Coleman from our bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back