Jackson Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

can't kick, will make 2nd ruck or CHB at best. Typical of a port fan to try and tell the world about anything slightly positive about their club though.

Personally think he will win the brownlow in the next 3 years or so. Boak and Hartlett also, would have to be the 3 best under 25's in the league.

oh wait Im not a crows fan who think they have a top 4 list...ok in that case, Trengove is a good/gun player but is still young and will take a few more years to develop

Psht, Johncock is actually a lock for this years Brownlow. Ignore the fact that he's a half back flanker heading into his 11th year as an AFL player and has only received 29 votes in his whole career previously. Have you seen him on the track? Phwoar!

The equivalent would be Haysman coming out and saying Motlop is a great chance to win the Coleman

Psht, Johncock is actually a lock for this years Brownlow. Ignore the fact that he's a half back flanker heading into his 11th year as an AFL player and has only received 29 votes in his whole career previously. Have you seen him on the track? Phwoar!

The equivalent would be Haysman coming out and saying Motlop is a great chance to win the Coleman

lol didn't that flog from the crows (their CEO) say that Johncock could win the brownlow this year?

Talk about a club who overrates their list

LOL

Let's just wait until we see how he goes against Riewoldt, Brown or Pavlich.

He wont play on them. :rolleyes:

Carlile or Chaplin usually takes Riewoldt and they do very well (apart from round 15 last year).. as they do with Pav..Trengove will just rotate through the back and ruck.. i cant see him being a permanent KPP, as for Brown i cant see him being a threat at all this year, quite simply because the ball will not get up there.

I said he was a similar type of player that is all.

I then said Davis is the better young CHB right now.

Did I ever say he would not get better?

Given Chad Cornes is there at Port, one of the best CHBs of modern time, I would expect with a bit of one on one work together Trengoves potential could be accelerated.

Geoffa, you've always struck me as a not-so-pseudo Port troll. You try to intellectualise your posts to hide their biased anti-Port bullshit. By comparing Trengove to Thurstans, you have undone any credibility you may ever have given yourself when posting about matters of Port.

Davis may become a very fine AFL CHB, but there wouldn't be any Port supporters disappointed we ended up with Trengove instead of him.

Trengove will be in the top 2-3 CHBs of the 2010s, if not the best.

Geoffa, you've always struck me as a not-so-pseudo Port troll. You try to intellectualise your posts to hide their biased anti-Port bullshit. By comparing Trengove to Thurstans, you have undone any credibility you may ever have given yourself when posting about matters of Port.

Davis may become a very fine AFL CHB, but there wouldn't be any Port supporters disappointed we ended up with Trengove instead of him.

WhoA! Whoa...Whoa...That is one of the biggest calls I have heard this year.

He may be a good young prospect, but you clearly haven't considered the other 16 CHB's in the league....

Adelaide: Davis
Brisbane: Patfull
Carlton: Bower/Thornton
Collingwood: Reid/Maxwell
Essendon: Hurley
Freo: McPharlin
Geelong: Taylor
GC: Bock
Hawthorn: Gibson
Kangaroos: Grima
Melbourne: Frawley
Richmond: McGuane?
St Kilda: Fisher
Sydney: Grundy
West Coast: Brown
Bulldogs: Williams/Morris

Bold statement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you talk about Geoffa's anti-Port BS, but then you go on to make a statement full of bias about your own player. So from that I take that to be pro Port BS.

Way too early to judge either Trengove or Davis yet, they both need another 2 years before you could say which of the two was a better pick up.

WhoA! Whoa...Whoa...That is one of the biggest calls I have heard this year.

He may be a good young prospect, but you clearly haven't considered the other 16 CHB's in the league....

Adelaide: Davis
Brisbane: Patfull
Carlton: Bower/Thornton
Collingwood: Reid/Maxwell
Essendon: Hurley
Freo: McPharlin
Geelong: Taylor
GC: Bock
Hawthorn: Gibson
Kangaroos: Grima
Melbourne: Frawley
Richmond: McGuane?
St Kilda: Fisher
Sydney: Grundy
West Coast: Brown
Bulldogs: Williams/Morris

Bold statement

Of those, Frawley, Hurley (who may well play alot up forward), N. Brown (Collingwood), Trengove and Davis are the young standouts for CHB. Taylor has 2-3 years of age on most of them and is arguably more accomplished at the present time. All of those kids will be great defenders over time, but I expect that Trengove will be as good as any of them. He's a great spoiler, a very good overhead contested marker and a terrific competitor at ground level. He also is very constructive with his handball out of congestion. The earlier comments about his kicking disposal being a problem are not accurate. Another thing helping his career will be the chance to develop into his role alongside of Carlile and Chaplin, who I expect will have a good influence over him and will complement his qualities.

Many of the other players you have listed are not conventional CHBs IMO.

Funny you talk about Geoffa's anti-Port BS, but then you go on to make a statement full of bias about your own player. So from that I take that to be pro Port BS.

Way too early to judge either Trengove or Davis yet, they both need another 2 years before you could say which of the two was a better pick up.

Note, that in my post I avoided likening Phil Davis to Scott Stevens, or some other serviceable Crows defender who's had a good but not great career. Geoffa's likening of Trengove to Thurstans was either a clear troll, or reflects that he hasn't watched Trengove at all closely in his first year of AFL football. Thurstans was justifiably maligned throughout his career with Port for always seeming to go at contests at submaximal intensity. As others have pointed out, he made a belated debut after 5 seasons, and his effort and form were up and down from season to season for the rest of his career. Trengove's stand-out quality is a fierce determination and application to be the best at every contest. Thurstans would be the least appropriate comparison to Trengove, that an observant footy watcher could make.

Davis is a beauty, as acknowledged in my post above. Port supporters will happily take Trengove though due to his fierce competitiveness and aggression which have been qualities lacking from too many of our recent recruits.

Look!

Trengove, will be an awesome player in time, showing a lot of promise, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Lets do the talking when the jobs done not before its done. Otherwise you end up looking like a ********!

Of those, Frawley, Hurley (who may well play alot up forward), N. Brown (Collingwood), Trengove and Davis are the young standouts for CHB. Taylor has 2-3 years of age on most of them and is arguably more accomplished at the present time. All of those kids will be great defenders over time, but I expect that Trengove will be as good as any of them. He's a great spoiler, a very good overhead contested marker and a terrific competitor at ground level. He also is very constructive with his handball out of congestion. The earlier comments about his kicking disposal being a problem are not accurate. Another thing helping his career will be the chance to develop into his role alongside of Carlile and Chaplin, who I expect will have a good influence over him and will complement his qualities.

Arguably?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back