Toast Jaeger O'Meara 50 Games and beyond...

Remove this Banner Ad

O’meara was electric yesterday. Such a bull.

He’s found the pace of the game now, and has the confidence to either run through or break tackles(or spin out of them).

Looking forward to what he does next year as this year has been a real building year for him.
Had at least half a dozen burst through stoppage moments out from the centre bounce alone. Worth their wait in gold that stuff. The only mistake he made was waiting for the mark in the forward pocket to allow saad to spoil and that was more poor communication than anything. You can tell he wants success and is very quickly becoming brown and gold through and through.

Really starting to motor now, but needs a pre season or two to get that elite tank back. Then we'll see full twilight werewolf mode.

Has been in the top 10 in the league over his last 6 or so games in the player ratings.

AFL Player Ratings (@AFLPlayerRating) Tweeted:
Round 20, 2018. Hawthorn v Essendon #AFLHawksDons https://t.co/Bj0n8cVFdB

Had at least half a dozen burst through stoppage moments out from the centre bounce alone. Worth their wait in gold that stuff. The only mistake he made was waiting for the mark in the forward pocket to allow saad to spoil and that was more poor communication than anything. You can tell he wants success and is very quickly becoming brown and gold through and through.
Just on that last sentence there was a whisper over the summer that JOM was ruffling a few feathers within the group. Such was the demand he was putting on himself and others.

He’s very protective of his teammates out on the park, flies the flag instantly, takes no s**t and is starting to really lead the midfield.

It’s clear that both he and Tom have true leadership running through them, and I’d be almost certain that JOM will be either VC or Captain in no time.

Will he be ok to play next week?

Who laid the hit? Surely they get weeks.

He should be fine as he played out the game, unless he gets delayed concussion or something. Think it was Francis ? I actually thought it was a relatively fair bump.

Will he be ok to play next week?

Who laid the hit? Surely they get weeks.
Francis. One of the only things Bomber fans celebrated after their loss.

Doubt it would be worthy of any penalty. Just a bump. Play on.

Just on that last sentence there was a whisper over the summer that JOM was ruffling a few feathers within the group. Such was the demand he was putting on himself and others.

He’s very protective of his teammates out on the park, flies the flag instantly, takes no s**t and is starting to really lead the midfield.

It’s clear that both he and Tom have true leadership running through them, and I’d be almost certain that JOM will be either VC or Captain in no time.
The way Tom and Jag stick up for each other as well!

A++

One will land a solid tackle and the other will come from no where to help him up and take on the oppo teams faux tough guys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He should be fine as he played out the game, unless he gets delayed concussion or something. Think it was Francis ? I actually thought it was a relatively fair bump.
Agree , was a just a hard contest .

Was great he got up and continued on , for all his athletic prowess has courage as well.

http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2018-08-04/r20-jaeger-i-love-playing-for-this-footy-club

For those who haven't watch it.

Grateful that he can experience this kind of games that he thought he will never have it.
What a great endorsement for the club. I was instantly thinking hmm Tom Lynch come to Hawthorn play with Jaeger.

i thought he was our best midfielder in the game against Essendon, i know Titch racks up the numbers, but the impact on the game was greater from JOM, our mid is getting better each week, we seemed to dominate the centre clearances early and that helped set the tone.

Hardwick must be in that group as well - absolute warrior and always comes in to stand his ground for teammates when much bigger blokes do cheap s**t off the ball. If JOM and Mitchell are future captains/vice captains then Hardwick will be in amongst that as well.

You know how I know that Jaeger is back to close to his best. 30 touches, half of them contested. 5 tackles, 7 clearances, 6 score involvements. Went at 76%. Has his own supporters sum that up as a ‘pretty disappointing game’.

Welcome back 100% Jaeger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know how I know that Jaeger is back to close to his best. 30 touches, half of them contested. 5 tackles, 7 clearances, 6 score involvements. Went at 76%. Has his own supporters sum that up as a ‘pretty disappointing game’.

Couldn't believe the 'disappointing game' comments? WTF?

Agree. He’s 100% now.

Will absolutely smash a final now. You watch.

Been a lot of positives this year, but for me this has been the best thing to come out of the season thus far. Jaeger has been building nicely, stinging together consistent performances and showing glimpses of his explosive best and running out games better and better.

One thing ive noticed is Jag has looked 100% more confident jumping for his overhead marks the 2nd half of this season.

Before that he always looked very suspect landing like he was worried his knee would give.

Earlier in the season he even attempted multiple overhead marks where he stayed grounded and it didn't look fluent. Actually droped quite a few that i thought was caused by this change of action.

Seems to be leaping again like he did in his 1st few years and landing without second thoughts.

Tick tick tick.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just a thought guys but I saw omeara and mitch go head to head in the middle in pre season and omeara took mitch took the cleaners. Just let that sink in. Mitch still got some ball off half back because he had better fitness but omeara is something else not since g ablett jr. have I seen a guy so clean and evasive in traffic. He has all the moves. In Alan Jean's immortal words we paid the price now we reap the rewards

I remember when this came up....

I recon that those two must be the driving force of the future regardless of what the current leadership group has to offer.
They both have such a competitive edge that failure does not seem to exist in their make up.

The way Jags spoke in the post game interview absolutely sealed it for me that he is 100% Hawthorn & will do whatever it takes to live up to the Mitchell, Lewis & Hodge era along with his mate Tom.

"I love playing for this footy club and it's games like to day which i wanted to be apart of. It's been really awesome and i'm just enjoying being out there every week and playing with these guys, i love em."

So so happy he is at the club and everything about him screams leadership, love how keen he is to get around team mates after goals and always willing to fly the flag for the guys.

Couldn't believe the 'disappointing game' comments? WTF?

Probably wasn’t his best game in the brown and gold but was most definitely his most confident I felt.

http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2018-08-04/r20-jaeger-i-love-playing-for-this-footy-club

For those who haven't watch it.

Grateful that he can experience this kind of games that he thought he will never have it.
What a great endorsement for the club. I was instantly thinking hmm Tom Lynch come to Hawthorn play with Jaeger.

Talks like a seasoned 30 year old veteran already. Sold the farm - bought the best piece of equipment we could with it. Would trade again, A++++

Remove this Banner Ad

Back