Past James Bell - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

qJOoyoJJ.jpg

James Bell

Player Profile

QBE Sydney Swans Academy product James Bell was rewarded for shining NEAFL form when he was called up for his AFL debut against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval in Round 21, 2019. The young Swan is one of Sydney’s quickest players, attacks the footy hard and can play on the inside of the midfield, on a wing or at half-forward. In a tribute to his family, Bell celebrated his first AFL goal with a striking Indigenous dance at the MCG in Round 22 last year.

James Bell

DOB:10 February 1999
DRAFT:2017
RECRUITED FROM: University of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited:
Natural progression of our youngsters will see him easily pushed out of the top 22. He's a depth player for a game or two during the regular season but shouldn't play in finals unless we're decimated by injuries.
Spot on. I'm hoping Sheather develops into a better player that will perform the role Bell had been given this year.

Last edited:
Having bottom 6 players who may be in and out of the team but can stand up when the moment calls upon them is so underrated.

Anyone remember Andrejs Everitt? 50m set shot near the boundary in the final minute of the match and makes it look easy.

Having bottom 6 players who may be in and out of the team but can stand up when the moment calls upon them is so underrated.

Anyone remember Andrejs Everitt? 50m set shot near the boundary in the final minute of the match and makes it look easy.

Yup and who could forget Mitch Morton 2 snaps in the GF.

I mentioned it before, but I've never seen anyone who is actually afraid.

The ball happens to go near him, rather than him making things happen.

Won't be an average AFL player, delist and we move on.

Not a game Bell would like to remember. Fluffed an easy kick for goal and gave away several undisciplined frees when we were inside 50.

Sydney has persisted with him and I'm not sure where he is going to end up or if he will jump up a level. Haven't seen too much so far.

You know its bad when ppl on the mainboard are shitting on Bell after probs only ever seeing him a handful of times

Has deleted his social media accounts, no doubt getting horrible comments through them. Hope he’s doing okay and has support
That's disturbing to hear. Why are human beings so horrible?

He's a young guy who was in his first final. Nobody will feel as bad as he does at this time. One thing i know is that our club as a whole as more understanding, supportive and caring that this whole effing board. He's hurting a hell of a lot more., has sacrificed more and understands what it means more than anyone else. Give him a bloody break.

Has deleted his social media accounts, no doubt getting horrible comments through them. Hope he’s doing okay and has support
You don't want that , it's not his fault he was picked. I hope he finds his right level elsewhere though . I don't hate him , dislike him as i don't know him , it's just the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor kid, I just don't get what satisfaction people get from doing things like that, damn keyboard warriors. My heart goes out to him.

The problem with Instagram especially is that the algorithm (or whatever it's called) means that any content that is related to you can easily find it's way to your home screen. I have a mate who used to play and he said he would regularly see memes at his expense come up on his explore page on Instagram without him even being tagged directly.

The problem with Instagram especially is that the algorithm (or whatever it's called) means that any content that is related to you can easily find it's way to your home screen. I have a mate who used to play and he said he would regularly see memes at his expense come up on his explore page on Instagram without him even being tagged directly.

Its why players are instructed to stay off social media but like you said its more like dont go on a computer.

Its why players are instructed to stay off social media but like you said its more like dont go on a computer.

They should be able to go on Instagram and see whatever their mates or family are doing without seeing s**t from fans and randoms though.

They should be able to go on Instagram and see whatever their mates or family are doing without seeing sh*t from fans and randoms though.

They do, but they have different names and s**t.

Being paid to play sports has it's downsides.

Thank * I'm a nobody.

I’ve been very critical of Bell and knowing he’s had to delete his account troubles me. After seeing a parent of a player post yesterday or at least reveal themselves I’ve taken stock at some of my criticism of players. Whilst we can be proud that we aren’t as bad as most social media there are times we are pretty cold and unrelenting.

This isn’t for me to judge my fellow posters though as this is an outlet for sharing passion and frustration. And something important to be able to express ourselves.

However, it’s a wake up call for me to not let myself get so personal against players, all who have toiled and sacrificed to play this game.

as in everything in life we make errors

I’d love to be able to just tell Bell it’s ok mate it’s just football. Anyone whose played the game would love a moment back where it didn’t go right.

Hope deleting social media is the right choice for him at this time and he has his bloods around him.

I’ve been very critical of Bell and knowing he’s had to delete his account troubles me. After seeing a parent of a player post yesterday or at least reveal themselves I’ve taken stock at some of my criticism of players. Whilst we can be proud that we aren’t as bad as most social media there are times we are pretty cold and unrelenting.

This isn’t for me to judge my fellow posters though as this is an outlet for sharing passion and frustration. And something important to be able to express ourselves.

However, it’s a wake up call for me to not let myself get so personal against players, all who have toiled and sacrificed to play this game.

as in everything in life we make errors

I’d love to be able to just tell Bell it’s ok mate it’s just football. Anyone whose played the game would love a moment back where it didn’t go right.

Hope deleting social media is the right choice for him at this time and he has his bloods around him.
I think the key is to criticize performances negatively and positively with reasons why. Do not just bag players. I think that is the lesson. And that is positive.

I think the key is to criticize performances negatively and positively with reasons why. Do not just bag players. I think that is the lesson. And that is positive.
I bagged McVEIGH early and late , early i thought he got gifted games and later i thought he was selfish . Champion of the club in the end .

Losing games is not one player's fault over a 4 quarter game.
Yeah we all need to be careful what we post (myself included) because these guys yesterday all were part of the team that helped get us back in the game. All of them.
They all would be crushed after yesterday so tough t***ies for us as supporters but at least the whole team that ran out yesterday showed ticker to dig deep & do everything but win it in the end.
Bell's gut running in particular was part of all that.
Like we have all said. We were not expecting finals but another improvement. I trust Bell & co to step up again & improve to get us into a strong position in the coming years.
NEVER write players off. I never used to but I too have been poisoned by the success only disease of late.
After all cooled down after the game I look more positively at the game & our players.
We need them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back