Player Watch #17 James Jordon

Remove this Banner Ad

James Jordan.jpg

Player Profile:

At just 22 James Jordon can call himself a premiership player after appearing in the 2021 Grand Final for Melbourne as the medical substitute, the same year he made his debut for the Dees. The midfielder was initially taken as pick 33 in the 2018 draft and joined the Sydney Swans on the opening day of the 2023 AFL Free Agency Period. He played just 18 games in 2023 with the hopes to improve and grow in the red and white.

James Jordn
Born: 20 December 2000
Draft: 2018
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers >> Melbourne

Last edited:
Looking like the perfect 20-22 player that you need in the team.

Very composed with ball in hand. In the third had an open goal and had every right to go for goal but saw papleys great short lead and did the team thing.

Also the time when he was corralled by 2-3 Bombers players but didn’t panic and hit the short 15 metre pass to a teammate. Could have easily just blazed away blindly by foot to clear it out. That decision to hit the short pass resulted in a goal scoring opportunity for us instead of giving up possession by hoofing it long.

Lastly a Fantastic first goal for his new team too.

Keep it up JJ!

Didn't know much about him and to be honest I assumed he'd be depth for us, but he doesn't put a foot wrong and would be very, very unlucky to lose his spot if he keeps this up. You can tell he's been in a system with an elite midfield the last few years. Super composed.

Looking like the perfect 20-22 player that you need in the team.

Very composed with ball in hand. In the third had an open goal and had every right to go for goal but saw papleys great short lead and did the team thing.

Also the time when he was corralled by 2-3 Bombers players but didn’t panic and hit the short 15 metre pass to a teammate. Could have easily just blazed away blindly by foot to clear it out. That decision to hit the short pass resulted in a goal scoring opportunity for us instead of giving up possession by hoofing it long.

Lastly a Fantastic first goal for his new team too.

Keep it up JJ!
All true. He's been a good mopper-upper but he is highly likely to be back to the VFL when Parker and Adams return. No disgrace.

All true. He's been a good mopper-upper but he is highly likely to be back to the VFL when Parker and Adams return. No disgrace.
Jordan seems good at finding and making space on the wing, but not getting stuck in no man’s land. I think his role is important and it will be interesting to see what happens once the others are fit. I think he’d be very unlucky to get dropped.

Jordan seems good at finding and making space on the wing, but not getting stuck in no man’s land. I think his role is important and it will be interesting to see what happens once the others are fit. I think he’d be very unlucky to get dropped.
Whoever gets dropped will be unlucky. No-one is playing badly.

DescriptionDateOpponentResultKHBDMGBTHOGAI50CLCGR50FFFAAFSC
Round 2​
Mar 23​
9​
9​
18​
3​
1​
0​
4​
0​
1​
2​
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
76​
88​
Round 1​
Mar 15​
8​
11​
19​
5​
0​
0​
4​
0​
0​
2​
2​
1​
1​
1​
0​
78​
84​
Round 0​
Mar 7​
8​
10​
18​
3​
0​
0​
7​
0​
0​
4​
2​
3​
2​
1​
2​
76​
81​

Reliable and consistent start to the year. Hit the ground running as a good player who I highly doubt will be dropped if he continues on this pace.

Campbell's form isn't where his is right now. I think it would between those two and I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Any others in the discussion? I suspect it will be Jordon to go.

Campbell's form isn't where his is right now. I think it would between those two and I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Any others in the discussion? I suspect it will be Jordon to go.

I’d easily take Jordan in a big game right now. However see no reason we can’t play both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

!! I thought Campbell was terrific on the weekend
I'm really liking his contribution but I think he's a bit almost. Like he's making a few mistakes an quite pulling off some of what he's trying. His attack on the football is really good but there are these faults with his game that I think he'd not have made towards the end of last year.

Should have a goal of the year nomination this week.
Not even nominated. Overlooked by a goal that was kicked while oob and another that's not even impressive in the slightest. The third was a similar style goal from the boundary line.

He'll probably be on the fringe all year but what she's shown so for is enough to justify getting him to the club IMO.

It's great to be able to bring in a ready made player who can run out a game rather than constantly relying on kids for depth.

And we will always have injuries through the year - if we had a fully fit list come finals and everyone was match fit, I could see him being the sub given the need to fit everyone in and his versatility but it’s pretty unlikely to have a fully fit list come week one of the finals. I’m expecting he’ll play every week as long as he himself doesn’t get hurt, good addition the club so far.

Impressions thus far is that JJ is a solid citizen - but without any standout attributes.
The ground upon which the pyramid is built. Works hard but we never know about the little things that the coaches love (thinking Lloyd here).
Went back and had a look at his stats for the Pies and Bombers games, very similar. Covered the whole ground, just under 20 possessions, 4 tackles. Decent efficiency.
Definitely NOT a winger's game.
Compares favourably to Campbell against Pies but Campbell played mainly in defence against Bombers after Harry went down.
Certainly earning his place for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back