AFLW Autopsy 2023 Season 8 Round 03 - Lions v Swans - Sunday 17 Sep - 5:05pm - Brighton Homes

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a shame we don't have huge depth. I'd be dropping Lochland and at least one of the Hamilton's against WCE. Completely ineffective. Gardiner and Morphett sensational. Heads needs to teach the rest how to hit a target. Molloy needs to develop a left foot. Has blown three easy opportunities tonight.

Only watched the first quarter but we looked very average. We were clearly intimidated by the Lions and were extremely tentative in how we played. Not sure what has happened to Cynthia Hamilton. She has started this season very poorly.

Well, we were well and truly outclassed by a savvier, harder, cleaner, quicker opposition. But that was not a surprise. Overall I think we showed a bit - especially compared to how I was feeling after we were down 5 goals to nothing.

I thought our Irish players were notable both for their hardness and the speed of their play (I think the playing on fast might be a Gaelic footy thing). Tanya Kennedy is an absolute beast - she has proven a real find. Julie O'Sullivan is young and improving every week. Paris McCarthy had a solid debut and got involved a fair bit. She also dug in after she'd been hit and hurt and kept coming.

Overall I do agree our players, especially our talls, seem a bit cumbersome and lumbering compared to those in the leading teams e.g. Melbourne and North.

We have a standout trio leading the B&F at this early stage in my opinion: Laura Gardiner, Chloe Molloy and Ally Morphett. They have all been fantastic, especially Laura. Laura has quickly joined the highest echelon of my favourite players. What a steal! So glad we've got her. And she's still got plenty of room to improve. Finding players like her is crucial because we're not going to keep getting the #1 draft picks the way we're going.

I hope Laura is recognised as BOG for this match. Moy wasn't quite as good as she's been, but still important. Morphett was great.

Privitelli is putting together a good season. Her marking has been terrific.

I thought Bella Smith had a good comeback game after being omitted - playing forward and back. Better than Lexi Hamilton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back