Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallis is shaping up nicely. Nice sized winger/ flanker.
Fletchers boys look really promOsing.

Opportune time for this to be made as Harvey Daniher (son of Chris) and Tom Wallis (son of Dean) have been named in the Calder Cannons squad for this season today, even though they're not eligible for the draft until 2015.

Got very little on Daniher, he's been described on blitz as being a 'high 180s utility', but would be still growing.

Wallis is probably the better prospect, hard nut inside midfielder.

There's also Jake Long who is eligible this year, but hasn't really made his intentions known as to where he's going to play this year (be it TAC or VFL).

Basically just a watch thread, if you find any news, whack it here because there really isn't anywhere else

I'd love it if the club clarified the official position on Jake Long. Because those of us who saw Michael play might like to see his son running around in the red and black, and might have thought twice about accepting the sanctions without a court challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love it if the club clarified the official position on Jake Long. Because those of us who saw Michael play might like to see his son running around in the red and black, and might have thought twice about accepting the sanctions without a court challenge.
I agree. The club's silence on this has been a bit frustrating when they've gone to a lot of effort to be open and transparent on other issues.

Would suck major balls if Long goes to another team but i back Dodoro to come up with something shifty.:D

Wonder if the club is being deliberately quiet on the issue as are the AFL so they can get it quietly done. Similar to what's happened to the eagles player that was charged with GBH yet was able to play yet now marley is in the picture everyone is seeking clarification and wanting bans.

AFL will let things run untill a fuss is made and then the step in.

Anything on Todd Vander Haar or Callum Daniher? Both of them are also eligible this season.

Last I heard Little vander was playing for surrey park.

No idea about Callum Daniher, I'd hazard a guess at him playing for either Aberfeldie or Ungarie

Last I heard Little vander was playing for surrey park.

No idea about Callum Daniher, I'd hazard a guess at him playing for either Aberfeldie or Ungarie
Callum is down as "Mangoplah" in the RFL, so maybe he'll play for Murray Bushrangers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back