Roast Jason Dunstall

Remove this Banner Ad

G.O.B

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2006
northern suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
This may seem petty but theres not a lot to whinge about at the moment but here goes.

On MMM tonight Jason Dunstall, a match committee director of the Hawthorn Football Club was entrusted with giving the votes for BOG.

After just having been told that Swanny was only 2 votes in front of Hodge proceeded to give Swanny no votes for a 31 disposal 2 goal game with 7 clearances.

FWIW, my votes would've been as follows:
3. Cloke
2. Swan
1. Pendles

All 3 players could've been switched around but the point is that Swan was clearly in the top 3 players on the night.

What's the prize for the MMM player of the year and could Piggy have deliberately left the door open for Hodge.

who did he give votes for?

there were about 6 players deserving of the three votes yesterday i thought

pendles
cloke
swan
blair
brown
wellingham

i cant/ dont want to rank them.

gun team :thumbsu:

Non issue really, Swanny's leading the HS player of the year award comfortably and has a lot bigger fish to fry this year.

Like I said, petty in the grand scheme of things but annoying nonetheless.

This "issue" doesn't involve Swanny in any case.
It's more the story of a Director of a club possibly helping one of his charges win a lucrative award.

Dunstall's an arse muppet, he hates the pies. I'll never forget listening to MMM on the way to the Sydney Elimination final in 07. He and the rest of his fellow motuh breathers were talking as if Sydney has already won. Clown.

Well I love Swanny

but my votes were

Pendles
Cloke
Blair

we do have different views as individuals

Not usually one to defend Dunstall, but it was actually Garry Lyon who gave the votes for BOG. Dunstall gave the votes for worst on ground, which he actually gave to 2 Pies players in Maxwell and Medhurst!

This may seem petty but theres not a lot to whinge about at the moment but here goes.

On MMM tonight Jason Dunstall, a match committee director of the Hawthorn Football Club was entrusted with giving the votes for BOG.

After just having been told that Swanny was only 2 votes in front of Hodge proceeded to give Swanny no votes for a 31 disposal 2 goal game with 7 clearances.

FWIW, my votes would've been as follows:
3. Cloke
2. Swan
1. Pendles

All 3 players could've been switched around but the point is that Swan was clearly in the top 3 players on the night.

What's the prize for the MMM player of the year and could Piggy have deliberately left the door open for Hodge.

Thankfully Dunstall's votes don't count for s**t in any award.

Care factor zero.

Swanny got 2 from me.:thumbsu:
I'm the one that counts.

Not usually one to defend Dunstall, but it was actually Garry Lyon who gave the votes for BOG. Dunstall gave the votes for worst on ground, which he actually gave to 2 Pies players in Maxwell and Medhurst!

maxwell and medhurst??
im pretty sure the other 22 plodders taking the field in the black and red guernsey woulda been easily more suitable candidates. Dunstall's a hack!

Monty on fanfooty described Ricky Dyson last night as unquestionably the worst player in the league, so you'd think he may have featured in the worst on ground. ;)

Hardingham would have nearly been a monty for worst on ground. Medders was pretty ordinary and Monfries did touch up Maxwell but worst on ground would have had to been a bomber I would have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the funniest icon i've read on fanfooty in a very long time. I'm pretty sure he got the 3 of the other votes on mmm

at one time monty gave it to leigh brown every game he played, even when he was decent. it was a bit of a pathetic grudge, and safe to say he has a bit of egg on his face now. dyson is crap, but a think monty needs to focus on giving the scores and not potting players.

Well I love Swanny

but my votes were

Pendles
Cloke
Blair

we do have different views as individuals

My votes in that exact order...

I was on the phone with a mate earlier and he mentioned how good Blair's game was. I responded by telling him that he was in my votes, with Pendles and Cloke taking 3 and 2 respectively...

Dunstall is a flog. End thread...

I listened to the game on the net last night...there were 5 radio stations to choose from all of them were full of so-called experts crying in their beer about collingwood.. one of the worst was dunstall who seems to have a brain snap whenever the Pies are playing well. You get the feeling that he hates every minute of a collingwood win...

In the beginning, you get annoyed at his attitude, but everyone on footy radio is annoyed at the moment. The "Hawk twins" on the ABC in Parkin and Swabb are permanently depressed that we are playing so well. They all want to go home, they are hating watching us win so much. I switched to AW and tried to find some Brian Taylor but their B team were all crying about Collingwood winning...

So I came back to the big Ape and his mates, purely because I hate Jason so much and I wanted to hear him squirm...

We need to understand Dunstall's plight. He looks at us and sees a classic black and white design and then thinks to himself, "I used to be a dunnyman, a very successful dunnyman, but nonetheless at the end of the day, a dunnyman".

It is quite a burden to carry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back