• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Unsure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jayden will be a gun if he gets a CHANCE. The same floggers on here probably said the same thing about Rance last year. He should be getting games ahead of Miller simply because Miller is never going to get any better and Post is going to be better than Miller ever was. While Miller is not playing all THAT bad he is still by no means tearing the game apart. He is the third best tall and IMO it doesn't make piddly diddles whether he is in the team or not for our structures.

Bring in Goo put Post up forward and leave it for the rest of the year. The only way you ever find out if a player is going to be something is testing them against the best, this especially applies to KPP. As for Miller why doesn't he go and do what he was meant to do and help the VFL players with structures FFS i hate being bullshited too he is a list clogger.

Jayden will be a gun if he gets a CHANCE. The same floggers on here probably said the same thing about Rance last year. He should be getting games ahead of Miller simply because Miller is never going to get any better and Post is going to be better than Miller ever was. While Miller is not playing all THAT bad he is still by no means tearing the game apart. He is the third best tall and IMO it doesn't make piddly diddles whether he is in the team or not for our structures.

Bring in Goo put Post up forward and leave it for the rest of the year. The only way you ever find out if a player is going to be something is testing them against the best, this especially applies to KPP. As for Miller why doesn't he go and do what he was meant to do and help the VFL players with structures FFS i hate being bullshited too he is a list clogger.

He may third best kpf but hes the third worst player out there on the ground too.

You have the right idea. There's alot of dumbos around :cool:

Jayden needs to play week in week out.
At the end of last year he got a few games in a row and started to look good. Pitty he got injured pre season with the hammy and coming off finger surgery.

If we see continued games i think we will see confidence growth and a sense of belonging.

Take Jack Watts for example......everyone said he was a dud and only now that he feels more accepted he is starting to show something.

Must persist with Jayden.....He will deliver.

Jayden needs to play week in week out.
At the end of last year he got a few games in a row and started to look good. Pitty he got injured pre season with the hammy and coming off finger surgery.

If we see continued games i think we will see confidence growth and a sense of belonging.

Take Jack Watts for example......everyone said he was a dud and only now that he feels more accepted he is starting to show something.

Must persist with Jayden.....He will deliver.
I disagree with your theory.
Watts was completely & utterly not there yet, when he played early. The build of about a 17yo playing against men. Now he's got at least some sort of a build and he is able to compete and voila.
I think the mistake they made was playing him before he was ready to belong, not the other way around.

Watts was completely & utterly not there yet, when he played early. The build of about a 17yo playing against men. Now he's got at least some sort of a build and he is able to compete and voila.
I think the mistake they made was playing him before he was ready to belong, not the other way around.

Well slats i disagree with your theory too dont you think he would hav been playn against men in the vfl too so where would you hav played him ? back in the under 18s.Far better to expose and develop him at the top level where he can learn from the best , no brainer as far as im concerned if ya club can afford to do it wich melb could .Richmond can afford to do it with post too.

Yeah, Watts has only played 30 games. I don't think Melbourne needed to keep him out of the seniors just because his body wasn't developed. In fact, I think both Vickery and Watts have benefited from their early exposure. The thing is that they were both high draft picks, thus the expectations have been over the top.

Re: Jayden Post - has he gone backwards?

Think he has a lot to offer but the club needs to figure out how to use him. I don't think he'll be a traditional CHF. I think they just need to let him play his natural game (which IMO is in the backline but with a license to push up the ground if he feels like it). Let him use his creativity and marking strength.

Does he remind any one else of Polak a little, Tall, Strong hands and can play foawrd or back and can pinch a hit in the ruck.

I would like to see him play loose man in defence.

my issue is i guess i've seen him all year at Coburg, and I can't figure out even then where he should be playing. The only time he looked dangerous up forward was in the first few rounds where he could work off Miller, and while he can take marks in defence, again it's not very consistent, i think the comparisons as a utility are fair, because that's what he's been all year

His ruck work is actually quite impressive, he's got great technique compared with Graham so he's versatile, just doesn't stamp his authority on the game anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Watts has only played 30 games. I don't think Melbourne needed to keep him out of the seniors just because his body wasn't developed. In fact, I think both Vickery and Watts have benefited from their early exposure. The thing is that they were both high draft picks, thus the expectations have been over the top.

This basically applies to Post as well was a fairly high pick and should've been playing all along especially recently since he has a had the bigger body. The thing that annoys me is vickery showed all of nothing early but they still gave him a chance and Post showed about the same but they left him for dead.

This basically applies to Post as well was a fairly high pick and should've been playing all along especially recently since he has a had the bigger body. The thing that annoys me is vickery showed all of nothing early but they still gave him a chance and Post showed about the same but they left him for dead.

Yeah, I suspect that comes down to the assessment of the coaches, to determine if a player is sufficiently ready in all areas to play at AFL level. I mean, we see very little of most players, whereas the coaches see everything. Refer David Gourdis.

Seeing some polarised opinions around here. I'm pretty skeptical about his long term future around the club, so I would venture a tentative "yes", but I'm interested in hearing some intelligent counter arguments.

I believe that:
- Post has no exceptional physical attributes (fellow whipping boys Rance and Gourdis could at least claim outstanding athleticism). No amazing speed, strength or skills.
- He does not own a position. Some of you think his flexibility is an asset but I think "utility" is just a euphemism for "depth player" or "list clogger".
- He is only 2 months younger than Rance despite being drafted a year later, and he is 6 months older than Vickery. I'm quite prepared to have egg on my face if he comes good now because it would be good for the club, but he is leaps and bounds behind our other young KPP's (Grimes is 18 months younger as well).

If you believe I'm wrong please give a reasoned explanation of the potential you see in this kid, because as it is I'm sick of seeing people scream that Miller should be dropped to keep him in this week (Goo must come in) just because of the age difference. Miller was shocking down back against the Swans, but as a forward I am convinced that he offers more than the "part timer" Post.

okay where to begin.
a comparison with none other than alex rance.
as stated i liked rance as a junior and post while not exceptional was similar in the way he moved and got about the park and both a similar size.in some ways posty has better attributes than rance especially in the air.
i reckon one of the most frustrating things the coaching panel are going thru with post atm is the amount of times he goes for a contested mark, does the hard work and get his hands on the ball, only to spill it.if he actually gloved these marks people would be over the moon. he judges it really well in the air and gets in good positions.

for me i reckon hes lost a yard of pace and i have always maintained hes a backman first and foremost. hes 195cm only 21 and only in yr 3 with only 15 odd games behind him. he has deficiencies that need to be improved and he only has a limited time to step up we cant keep players on the list indefinately who show no real improvement in both performance and deficiencies.
personally regardless of what happens this yr he will and should be around for 2012.
in fact i thought against brissie there were some good signs despite him being subed off.
like most of our young players it is a patience game with post but in saying this he has to show he is actually developing.
for me this thread is 12 months early if the post man is in the same place as now come the end of 2012 i reckon we would all be entitled to question weather we keep him or not.

okay where to begin.
as stated i liked rance as a junior and post while not exceptional was similar in the way he moved and got about the park and both a similar size.in some ways posty has better attributes than rance especially in the air.
i reckon one of the most frustrating things the coaching panel are going thru with post atm is the amount of times he goes for a contested mark, does the hard work and get his hands on the ball, only to spill it.if he actually gloved these marks people would be over the moon. he judges it really well in the air and gets in good positions.

for me i reckon hes lost a yard of pace and i have always maintained hes a backman first and foremost. hes 195cm only 21 and only in yr 3 with only 15 odd games behind him. he has deficiencies that need to be improved and he only has a limited time to step up we cant keep players on the list indefinately who show no real improvement in both performance and deficiencies.
personally regardless of what happens this yr he will and should be around for 2012.
in fact i thought against brissie there were some good signs despite him being subed off.
like most of our young players it is a patience game with post but in saying this he has to show he is actually developing.
for me this thread is 12 months early if the post man is in the same place as now come the end of 2012 i reckon we would all be entitled to question weather we keep him or not.

Finally something positive :thumbsu:

okay where to begin.

Terrific post. Intelligent and informative and one I completely agree with.

AH WTF

The poll answers have been changed around? I voted something along the lines of 'he is the future' and now its a 'no, we shouldnt persist with him'...

THIS SUCKS
All the votes were changed to go with how the question and answers were changed.

okay where to begin.

again alot of words but little substance.... the Robert Walls school of commentary!... you mentioned Deficiencies..... he is dropping pack marks... big deal... so was every other 21 yr old KP. He did drop a yard in pace last season when they bualked him up too much.... but he has dropped weight and has his speed back this season.

What Post lacks is mental. Lacks nothing in ability. He is the type of player that needs a few games to get going. He doesn't seem to handle pressure too well and thinks every game could be his last. The sad fact is we dont have a position for him to slot into to make his own. What he needs to do is to knuckle down for Coburg and not just scrap into the side but demand a KP spot.

He needs mongrel.... he needs to watch tapes of Richo... Petrie .... needs to lift his intensity, make more contests and fight for his position and take the game on. Like he did in his first season when he played like he had nothing to lose....

He has definitely been disappointing in my eyes, I really have expected a bit more from him, but I am sure he will come good with another preseason or two behind him.

Definitely not worth delisting

POST strikes me as a clumsy 14 year pre-pubescent teenager who has the ability but can't get it working simultaneously.

I am with the YES PERSIST crowd.

Great size, great leap...let's play Posty in Miller's role for the rest of the season.

Just needs to get his confidence up and learn by repitition (very much in the way Alex Rance learnt)

Have high hopes for Posty - he will come good

:thumbsu:Agree Slatts .... while others - Rance, McGuane, Grimes, Vickery, Miller, Riewoldt are playing the key positions better at the moment, no urgency in rushing Post.
If they're played too early, can go one of two ways ... pear shaped or they pan out.
Let him settle in his own time!

As stated, I am not a Post hater. But I am happy he is not being given repeat efforts at AFL level after very average performances.

If you're not ever going to dominate the VFL, you're not ever going to dominate at the highest level.

Thank God MT is not a selector :thumbsu:

Back