Toast Jeremy Cameron - 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron started this game a bit like Rohan, missing a fairly regulation goal for him (left foot snap, medium distance, minimal angle). However he soon after presents for the same kick and nails it to get our first - the Cats steadier from which point we played better.

Second quarter, he misses a set shot snap that doesn't quite make the distance. Does it deter him? No, he nails a blinder from the boundary in the 3rd and finds Duncan in the middle of 15 Pies for another. He did then miss a gettable shot from 50 but nails the repeat to start the 4th.

All of that is to say Cameron willed himself on the contest even when he was missing goals he usually has little problem with.

13 score involvements including 5 direct goals (his own and the assists) was almost twice as many as the next best player on the field. This is the big time forward we lacked to compliment Hawkins in previous finals campaigns.

Last year he wasn't really fit and frankly, the whole side was poor by finals. Last night was a taste tester of the critical difference Cameron makes in tight finals.

Whatever we paid for this bloke wasn't close to enough.
BOG in a tight gritty final and right now is arguably the best player in the comp.
Considering many of our supporters bemoan year after year that we get ‘bent over’ at the trade table, Jeremy Cameron and Danger sure look like cheap additions to me and a big reason why we are still right in the mix again this year and beyond. Could throw Stanley and Tuohy in there too from last nights team, overpaid for all of them according to many.

I’m happy to back Wells and co in no matter what they do.

And yet the coaches didnt. One didnt even think he was in the top 5. the other only gave him a single vote.

ridiculous.

he was bog
It was super weird... Kept us in it early and helped bring it home late. Seemed almost a clear BOG to me.

I'll be happy for him to BOG up every week though with little recognition as long as we win.

Rinse and repeat that for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet the coaches didnt. One didnt even think he was in the top 5. the other only gave him a single vote.

ridiculous.

he was bog
I still don't get it after watching the game again. He looked even better the second time around. Not that it necessarily means much but a lot of the 'experts' in the media all thought so too - David King for one had him along with Lachie Neale as the two standout performers of the first week. If that was a grand final I reckon he walks away with the Norm Smith quite easily, and no one thinks otherwise.

When’s the last time we had the best player in the comp?

Danger 2016? By 2017 he was on equal footing with Dusty.

Prior to that, GAJ 2007-2010?

Hawkins and Selwood have been top 5 league wide at various points but neither has been clear #1 IMO.

What a privilege it is to watch #5 every week.

When’s the last time we had the best player in the comp?

Danger 2016? By 2017 he was on equal footing with Dusty.

Prior to that, GAJ 2007-2010?

Hawkins and Selwood have been top 5 league wide at various points but neither has been clear #1 IMO.

What a privilege it is to watch #5 every week.

Reckon for a while in 2012 Hawkins was very close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back