Toast Jeremy Cameron - 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

The game against Richmond marks game 200 for Jeremy Cameron. Currently in contention for his 2nd Coleman medal and 3rd AA blazer.

GWS - 171 games 427 goals @2.5 pg
Geelong - 28 games 78 goals @2.8 pg

He has quickly become one of my favourite players. Not only exceptionally talented and skilled, as well as a match-winner, but seems like a very genuine and enjoyable person to have at the club. He has fitted in seamlessly in all respects.

Here’s to at least another 100 with the Cats Jezza!

Curnow 40
Cameron 39
Hawkins 36

How good would it be to get Cameron and Hawkins finishing equal 1st lol

I can definitely see Hawkins force-feeding Cameron to win it though
Commentators call Hawk unselfish but 16 years of watching him play it seems more that is just the beautiful type of bloke that Tomahawk is.

I had really high hopes for what Jez would bring to the club. And he has ended up easily exceeding those already.

The talent is off the charts. the passion for the game is infectious, and his attitude seems to suggest he is both quite relaxed and yet deeply committed to seeing the team have success. Must be very popular around the club and has brought more amazing highlights in his short time with us than many manage in an entire career.

To see him threading them from the boundary, coolly slotting the set shots, roaming upfield with his raw athleticism, and hitting up teammates with precision passes inside 50 is one of the very best experiences I've ever had watching anyone in the hoops.

I know we'll never hear the end of it from some about how the whole deal was a failure if we don't jag a flag while he's at the Cattery. For mine, though, the deal we did is already justified and will just look better and better as his career with us goes on. He really is that good.

Genuine superstar of the comp who clearly loves playing with the GFC. A worthy recipient of the illustrious #5, who now wears it remarkably well. Looking forward to him racking up plenty more games and stacks more goals as his journey with the Cats continues.

A joy to watch, pure and simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And operation get Jezza and us a flag.
Beat Brissy, Freo barely got over the line against us and Melbourne are looking vulnerable. I truly think we can win it this if other results go our way.

Got a 1999 feel about it. A team playing their granny in the prelim and folding the week later.

Beat Brissy, Freo barely got over the line against us and Melbourne are looking vulnerable. I truly think we can win it this if other results go our way.

Got a 1999 feel about it. A team playing their granny in the prelim and folding the week later.
Melbourne will s**t it in.
Everyone getting excited watching them lose games but when they knuckle down and set themselves up for finals, depression will quickly set in.

Operation: get Jezza the Coleman.
He has the best wing-man in the business to help make that happen.

About to go to 2nd on the all-time assist list and not impossible that he’ll nab Eddie’s record before retirement.

B6DA8C2F-BFBB-47F1-8578-6F545B2D54A3.jpeg

Everyone getting excited watching them lose games but when they knuckle down and set themselves up for finals, depression will quickly set in.
If they go back to back, they’re only Melbourne’s third greatest collective squad in history. Doesn’t make it feel so special.

What I like about the Cameron/Hawkins team is that neither are useless when there's a ball-up inside forward 50. Conventional wisdom would be that tall forwards lumber around and are not well suited to that kind of contested stuff. But Cameron is pretty creative as a crumbing forward too, and Hawkins does a lot of the rucking. That gets the crumbers involved without too many talls clogging things up. And if the ball does get cleared by defenders, because Hawkins is rucking, it means Geelong's actual ruckmen Stanley or Blitz are waiting upfield to deal with the panicky high balls out of defence. It must be a nightmare for opposition coaches.

I’m sure you’ll be there to remind everyone what an oracle you are and how s**t the club is

Better yet you’ll continue to abuse Blitz and co because you can’t stand them for some deranged reason

And all this in a Jeremy Cameron thread …remarkable supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back