Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats because the definition of mass shooting differs. It's typically four deaths and one injured at minimum then its considered mass shooting.
you didn’t answer my question mate, how come the broad majority of school shootings in america are done by cishet white dudes???

Suspended for 3 matches for calling someone an American slang term for sissy.

Finlayson should have just Maynarded the bomber player. No suspension!

That is not correct.

Jesus this thread just shows how far we still have to go to educate people.

Thats because the definition of mass shooting differs. It's typically four deaths and one injured at minimum then its considered mass shooting.
So I asked you where you got your statistics from, and your response was where you didn't get it from.
Can we try this again?

Also why are shootings with four deaths not considered a mass shooting unless there's one injury?
Seems like a very odd definition you've pulled out here.

This illustrates one of the issues with the AFL actually not being upfront about what was said. I get not wanting to have a copycat effect, but this vacuum does open up a spot for misinformation.

Can someone please explain where the AFL get off making him go and do a Pride course?
it's a pretty appropriate response for someone who uses homophobic sledges

If someone managed to retain their job in a regular workplace despite being busted saying something homophobic, this is exactly what would happen.

So I think it is clear here that ~10% of mass shooting in the U.S past four years was committed by the LGBTQ people.

Not alot one might say - ok then when the LGBTQ community make up 0.6% of the US population then it is ALOT.

LGBT make up approx 8-10% of the US population, not 0.6%.

No - they are actually militarized and causing mass murders across the world especially U.S and Europe fyi and its coming here (fast) - look at them how radicalized they are - the Bolsheviks of the 21st century.

Of the 1020 bag snatches committed in Australia last year, 20 were committed by those who signed off as LGBTQ+ on police reports.

This constitutes roughly 2% of the total.

Therefore, bag-snatching LGBTQ+ ‘s are a militarised, institutionalised force that we must look to control.

Can’t have bag-snatchers taking over society…

So I asked you where you got your statistics from, and your response was where you didn't get it from.
Can we try this again?

Also why are shootings with four deaths not considered a mass shooting unless there's one injury?
Seems like a very odd definition you've pulled out here.

If I was to guess, it'll be defined that way to cherrypick the sample.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's a pretty appropriate response for someone who uses homophobic sledges

If someone managed to retain their job in a regular workplace despite being busted saying something homophobic, this is exactly what would happen.

It's a waste of time and money. It will all go in one ear and out the other.

Of the 1020 bag snatches committed in Australia last year, 20 were committed by those who signed off as LGBTQ+ on police reports.

This constitutes roughly 2% of the total.

Therefore, bag-snatching LGBTQ+ ‘s are a militarised, institutionalised force that we must look to control.

Can’t have bag-snatchers taking over society…
No self-respecting gay man would be seen dead snatching my shitty bag! :)

Generally it's hard to get change when you try and make people do things. Change happens because they want it to change.
He had a slip of the tongue, you reckon he is a guy reaching out for help because he has a problem?
Eh, just a bit of connection with that kind of thing actually means to the people at the centre of homophobia won't hurt him.

Such a anarcho-Bolshevik thing to say. You’re probably one of those troublemakers fomenting societal strife and thwarting family and community-focussed country footy. 👎
Killing off family and Australia values like punching blokes in an all-in brawl! You're probably even worse than Blackrock.

Generally it's hard to get change when you try and make people do things. Change happens because they want it to change.
He had a slip of the tongue, you reckon he is a guy reaching out for help because he has a problem?
hard, but not impossible.

If he's the good bloke everyone from Port says he is, maybe a little time meeting people in the community might turn him into one of the best allies.

the slip of the tongue may be indicative of something else happening with him, when i'm flustered or frustrated, i might swear, but i can't recall ever resorting to using slurs, homophobic or racist, in my life. having education based on this from experts and not PR people is important as it will allow him (and anyone else attending the course) to impart their own perspective onto him so that he not only learns more, but is able to empathize with the people he may hold an (unknowing) bias towards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back