Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan seems to have lost (if he ever had it) his spring. You rarely see him flying for grabs with most of his contested marks coming by way of outmaneuvering or outsmarting his opponent. Wonder if it's the navicular.

Have you seen him play a season as a KPF?
Ah, I see!

I was more saying that out of being a KPF or being a ruck, his best bet is as a ruck.

He's not as good a ruck as Darcy. And yes, he was pretty ordinary at times this year in the ruck.

But he across his career, he has been better as a ruck than as a forward.

I suppose I am just not rating his forward work at all.

Hogan did some jumping in the dogs game, but yeah he doesn't get too much height, if he can just stick his hands though he would have taken 6 or 7 marks just inside 50.

He is coming together very well now, I'm liking what I see, tbh season has stopped at a shocker time for him

I don't think Hogan ever got a lot of height. He's a great mark though nonetheless.
Like Kennedy Isn't renowned for coming over the top of packs but more of a lead up/strength to win 1v1 push off and mark.
That is the sort of forward Jesse is. If we would bloody kick it to him to advantage would help a lot but hoping it clicks some time next year.

There's no way Hogan is going anywhere. I'd lose considerable faith in our current process (Bell & JLo) if that were to happen.

I found JLo's comments about a 'forward/ruck' more telling. Don't think he's enamoured with Lobb's efforts this season.
Maybe the big fella is prepping us all for a surprise comeback. Best ruck/forward we ever had.

If he stays out of trouble he'll be so important next year.

A good pre season, plus a good “it’s time to grow chat” from JLo & Rogan Josh, is the perfect tonic.

He needs to build his confidence levels on the field, so if he builds over the pre season, bang come Round 1.

reminds me of the way Fev used to lead - not much height, just momentum off a decent push off. If we could just hit him on the chest on a lead to where he wants it and get the others out the way, we'll be laughing.

Maybe the big fella is prepping us all for a surprise comeback. Best ruck/forward we ever had.
True. I like him and think he's ideal as our forward/ruck. Needs to spend the entire off-season and pre-season working on his forward craft though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Mihocek is a real chance to come to us. His skill set is perfect for JLo's game plan. Mobile tall with good kicking skills. That short kicking link up play is something he's good at. Can take a mark and kick a goal. Highly coachable and selfless. Would come cheap.

His age is the worry but feasibly we'd offer a 2-3 contract to support our run at the finals in that time period.
I'm with you here
I don't mind the Mihocek idea , lead up forward is critical.
Hogan still not convincing me , and goodness knows what idle hands might get up to over summer .
Other option is Sturt - not exactly consistent.
Or bring up the backs - Cox, Young .
Tough one - I like the way Mihocek goes about it . Any skeletons in his closet ( injury, mental , baggage ?)

👍👍
Blood Sturt up for the long game, still young .
Fill the 2 year Flag window with Mihocek on a 2 year contract

I just don't see a forward line fitting Taberner, Hogan, Lobb, Sturt and Mihocek

Hard to see a forward line fitting Taberner, Hogan, Lobb and Mihocek.

Our 3 now are a great mix, Tabs is a contested beast/stay at home, Hogan roams the wings and leads up and Lobb can pinch hit fwd and ruck and take marks over packs.

I just don't see a forward line fitting Taberner, Hogan, Lobb, Sturt and Mihocek

Hard to see a forward line fitting Taberner, Hogan, Lobb and Mihocek.

Our 3 now are a great mix, Tabs is a contested beast/stay at home, Hogan roams the wings and leads up and Lobb can pinch hit fwd and ruck and take marks over packs.
When was the last time we had all key position players available at once?

I don't know if Mihocek will be keen to leave Vic. The guy was a local tradey who was a mature pickup. Reckon he'd be keen to stay in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back