Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Daniels telling sen or some other station “watch this space” regarding Hogan. Been fed a bit of info from Freo has Ryan, so Bell could be reshuffling
Daniels mentions that we are teaching him to be a defender and what happens next year when Hamling, Pearce, Cox, Logue and Ryan are all fit. JL was very clear previously stating that this isn't a permanent thing it is just to plug a hole at the moment as we are so short in defense. JL clearly still sees Hogan as a forward but just needs to plug some holes at the moment.

I don't see Hogan not getting a game as a bad thing, JL is making him earn his spot and making him get angry and work for it. In the past he has just been a walk up starter to the team as soon as he is fit, even with bad form at times. This also means that Hogan is blowing the cobwebs out at the lower levels rather than coming back half fit in to the ones. I don't think anyone can deny Hogan's talent and to me it just seems like JL is trying to make him hungry to get in to the team so when he does he hit the ground running and in form.

If 2020 could get any worse. If the Eagles can play Kennedy, Darling and Oscar then why can't we play Lobb,Hogan and Tabs? That's right the club is obsessed with "repeat 50 entries" as opposed to finding a marking target on the lead.

100% we can play all 3. Structure was fine when Hogan was playing earlier in the year. Think it works with Fyfe in there to tbh. Fyfes not just a marking witches hat, ground level is just as dangerous.

Throw them all in there and see what happens

100% we can play all 3. Structure was fine when Hogan was playing earlier in the year. Think it works with Fyfe in there to tbh. Fyfes not just a marking witches hat, ground level is just as dangerous.

Throw them all in there and see what happens
We haven’t played all three in more then what.. 3 games? Refer back to GWS last season. Was a perfect sygnergy between them. Tabs had 10 marks, 3 goals. Hogan ran amuck and Lobb chipped in.
It’s all about forward entries and the three working hard in space. Kennedy, Darling and Allen shouldn’t work, but they complement each other very well.

If 2020 could get any worse. If the Eagles can play Kennedy, Darling and Oscar then why can't we play Lobb,Hogan and Tabs? That's right the club is obsessed with "repeat 50 entries" as opposed to finding a marking target on the lead.

Because their 3 are much more agile than ours overall. Plus they don’t have a lumbering ruck that needs to spend time down there (the forwardline). Plus we’ve got Fyfe that needs to go forward who you’ve conveniently left out.

Can any of you shed some light on how Jesse Hogan could possibly not be getting a game in a forward line with Lachie Schulz, Mitch Crowden and Michael Frederick in it? It beggars belief.

Can any of you shed some light on how Jesse Hogan could possibly not be getting a game in a forward line with Lachie Schulz, Mitch Crowden and Michael Frederick in it? It beggars belief.
The hint is in your username. Can't play both in the same team, it will destroy the universe.

I subscribe to the idea that eventually all elite footballers will be nearly 2m tall, but currently there aren't tall forwards playing small forward roles like the three you've named.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I subscribe to the idea that eventually all elite footballers will be nearly 2m tall, but currently there aren't tall forwards playing small forward roles like the three you've named.

You only have two tall forwards and one of them splits his time between the ruck. Surely you can fit in another one.

You can guarantee Longmuir has a clear and comprehensive strategic overview for the teams components. Possibly he's looking for a certain mix of pace and marking power. Also Fyfe & Mundy are part of the mix complicating calculations.

I gave up trying to correct people from calling Jay Shulz as Jay Shultz...now we have got people calling Lachie Shultz as Lachie Shulz.

Who knows. That same forward line kicked 5 goals last week, with 3 to Tabs. We desperately need Hogan as a power marking forward. Schulz is instead given preference. Who knows why

Who knows. That same forward line kicked 5 goals last week, with 3 to Tabs. We desperately need Hogan as a power marking forward. Schulz is instead given preference. Who knows why

Starting to become quite aggrieved by all of this.
Also really concerned about his future at the club, that may be irrational. He’s my daughters favourite and as recently as Wednesday sent her a bday msg video so I’m a little more invested in him then others.
He genuinely seems like a good dude with some personal demons, I’ve been told by people close to him he’s just a teddy bear that needs to be loved.

He genuinely seems like a good dude with some personal demons, I’ve been told by people close to him he’s just a teddy bear that needs to be loved.
This. People need to stop always believing without questioning what the media portrays someone as. If only we could control the media narrative as well as the mob up the road.

I'm sorry but for the life of my I cannot understand how Jesse isn't getting a game. I feel the club needs to address what the plan is for Jesse. Play him as a high forward winger. This backline s**t is beyond a joke. We will never stop being the laughing stock of the league till we stop with this amatuer s**t. * this club is a joke

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sorry but for the life of my I cannot understand how Jesse isn't getting a game. I feel the club needs to address what the plan is for Jesse. Play him as a high forward winger. This backline sh*t is beyond a joke. We will never stop being the laughing stock of the league till we stop with this amatuer sh*t. fu** this club is a joke
I doubt the selection committee is not selecting a guy if they think he would help win us the game. Whatever the reasons, clearly JLO and co don't think Jesse is ready yet. If you go back a few months when Jesse was taking time off plenty were saying we'd never see him back at the club again.

The fact that he is at the club, being proactive about playing a role, looking happier than he has before, and being made to earn his spot in the team shouldn't be seen as the club being 'amateur'. It's more likely the opposite.

This isn't a video game where you just drop players into your team and they perform based exactly on their pre-programmed statistics.

He played 3 games in the hub before the calf, so he was a regular. Its not like Longmuir froze him out.

Of course he also kicked 0 goals in those three games.

Perhaps right now Longmuir is refusing to be "seduced by talent" and is waiting to see something from Hogan that justifies his selection.

I doubt the selection committee is not selecting a guy if they think he would help win us the game. Whatever the reasons, clearly JLO and co don't think Jesse is ready yet. If you go back a few months when Jesse was taking time off plenty were saying we'd never see him back at the club again.

The fact that he is at the club, being proactive about playing a role, looking happier than he has before, and being made to earn his spot in the team shouldn't be seen as the club being 'amateur'. It's more likely the opposite.

This isn't a video game where you just drop players into your team and they perform based exactly on their pre-programmed statistics.

“ You don’t run Gp1 horses in the bush “

“You do if they haven’t won a ******* race for 2 years Ross”

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back