Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Free for? Nah, he's not A) a West Coast Player and B) Josh Kennedy. Simple. Every Freo forward never gets the benefits of the doubt with umpires. If Pav can't get them, Tabs and Hogan have no hope
Youd think a bloke who who came over with a reputation would fair a bit better though. Huge discrepancy compared to the rest of his career.

Youd think a bloke who who came over with a reputation would fair a bit better though. Huge discrepancy compared to the rest of his career.
From memory he didn't join the main group until well after the Xmas break and also missed a big chunk of the end of last season.
He will get better and better the more footy he plays.
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

we were in the game untill jesse dropped that easy mark and richmond went and made a 12point play after that it was game over ...thanks jesse

we were in the game untill jesse dropped that easy mark and richmond went and made a 12point play after that it was game over ...thanks jesse
That's harsh. Could just as much blame Walters that crumbed the ball and instead of kicking it to the square, decided to take on two Richmond guys, duck his head, lose the ball and they just rebounded from that. That pissed me off more, not Hogan.

That's harsh. Could just as much blame Walters that crumbed the ball and instead of kicking it to the square, decided to take on two Richmond guys, duck his head, lose the ball and they just rebounded from that. That pissed me off more, not Hogan.
the whole team are a shambles from the game plan to the players everyone is in it for themselves....such a horrible culture we have

He's just come in this year guys! He's been playing really well - Goals will come people!
He is due for a big one - It's coming(remember he didn't really start pre-season til late).

From memory he didn't join the main group until well after the Xmas break and also missed a big chunk of the end of last season.
He will get better and better the more footy he plays.
Form is temporary, class is permanent.
I was speaking in terms of 36 free kicks last year yet only 3 so far this year.

(remember he didn't really start pre-season til late).
This. Jesse was blowing like a steam train for good chunks of the game yesterday. His base fitness isn't where it should be, he'll build back into it though.

I'm looking forward to his work later on this year and next year after a proper preseason.

Forwards in a Ross Lyon gameplan, no matter how good you are, are limited. Simple. The same thing happening to Tabs and Hogan. Required to do defensive running.
Hogan A grade factor is getting coached out of him. He's trying bloody hard, but the system we have, doesn't allow him to kick goals.

Ummmmmm

Didn't Reiwoldt kick 70+ in 2009?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if he would benefit from having a few weeks off to work on fitness. He could come in 2 or 3 weeks after the bye with a much better base.

We could see how our other talls go.

Well that's an interesting fact! I swear our fowards rarely get gimmees in front of goal, unlike afl darlings like melbourne. Its gone on all 25 years.

Also, Reiwoldt was a once in a generation player. One of the best forwards who ever played the game.
I've checked this before and pretty sure both Riewaldt and Pav had better goal averages under Lyon than they did under their other coaches. Even allowing for age and midfield stint vagaries. Also I think one or both had their peak goal kicking year under Lyon. I'll have to re-check when I get a chance.

As long as he isn't carrying a niggle then the best fitness boost for him will be to keep playing.
He's probably one player thats worth playing into form, but honestly looks like hes too hard on himself at times, and needs to either get help (probably is already )or at least keep working hard and trying not to over think things. Would probably help if our forward structure was working better too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back