Autopsy JLT 2017 - Wk2 - What have you liked, learnt or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

I want him to play all the games and star in them. I don't want him to finish his career on a downfall. I want him to win the Brownlow. He deserves anything he gets and no matter what he does with West Coast he will always be a Hawthorn legend.

I felt the same when Cuz played for the Tiges..

Sam mitchell is a chance to deliver west coast a flag. I maintain he is the 3rd best player of the last 10 years behind Ablett and judd, and that gap isn't huge
Mitchell > Judd, for sustained greatness over a longer period.

I want him to play all the games and star in them. I don't want him to finish his career on a downfall. I want him to win the Brownlow. He deserves anything he gets and no matter what he does with West Coast he will always be a Hawthorn legend.
1st ever dual west coast brownlow medalist :)
i agree. I think Judd at his peak though was a superior player
there isn't much between the 3 of them for me.
The modern Voss-Hird-Buckley for me.

Fair call. Both amazing players. It's a shame judds body got wrecked but he did play a much more inside game than Mitchell who is a great behind the play kinda player

Fair call. Both amazing players. It's a shame judds body got wrecked but he did play a much more inside game than Mitchell who is a great behind the play kinda player
Not sure if serious.

He spear tackled Swallow in an intra club, I fear for what he will do to opposition players... He still looks a bit skinny even at 109kg, I think he still has about 10kg to put on over the next few years, going to hit pretty hard.
I hope he plays on the edge and cops the odd suspension, footy is so boring these days

Sam Mitchell should retire now as the true champion he is. He looks like a total fake in that West Coast jumper. It just doesnt look right and the less games he plays for West Coast the better.

Better for who?
Certainly not better for both Mitchell and West Coast.

Maybe better to help you with your bizzare adolescent tanty you are having over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have this same conversation with a mate regarding Judd/Ablett/Mitchell often.

I consider Mitchell the best. I think Judd's heights were unreal, though too short lived. Ablett and Judd at their peak were similar levels (I reckon Ablett was better slightly), though Ablett maintained that level for a good 7 years. Judd probably did for 3-4. Judd had such a loveable style, powering his way through packs and breaking the lines. Ablett was capable of this too, but also accumulated a lot more than Judd. Even if he was fed, he still always put the ball in a better position than when he received it. He was a much better disposal than Juddy, and better up forward too.

The gap between Judd and Mitchell at their peaks (which I still think Mitchell is currently in) is a bit bigger for mine - Judd's peak was comfortably better. Though Mitchell has been so ******* dominant for a good 12 years, and barely missed a game through injury. He's also won 4 flags, and even though he's never been captain, I'd say he is a better leader than Judd and Ablett. Judd and Ablett just aren't natural leaders, it sticks out like dog's balls. Midfielders walk taller around him, they definitely don't with Ablett, they did with Judd - though I just don't see him coaching and seeing the game as well as Mitchell.

It's probably clear that I'm a bit of a Sam Mitchell fanboy, but like to look at everything without bias. The longevity of his career and the sheer number of games in which he's been at the peak of his powers is just unreal. Looks like he won't slow down any time soon either.

Mitchell > Ablett > Judd imo

Have this same conversation with a mate regarding Judd/Ablett/Mitchell often.

I consider Mitchell the best. I think Judd's heights were unreal, though too short lived. Ablett and Judd at their peak were similar levels (I reckon Ablett was better slightly), though Ablett maintained that level for a good 7 years. Judd probably did for 3-4. Judd had such a loveable style, powering his way through packs and breaking the lines. Ablett was capable of this too, but also accumulated a lot more than Judd. Even if he was fed, he still always put the ball in a better position than when he received it. He was a much better disposal than Juddy, and better up forward too.

The gap between Judd and Mitchell at their peaks (which I still think Mitchell is currently in) is a bit bigger for mine - Judd's peak was comfortably better. Though Mitchell has been so ******* dominant for a good 12 years, and barely missed a game through injury. He's also won 4 flags, and even though he's never been captain, I'd say he is a better leader than Judd and Ablett. Judd and Ablett just aren't natural leaders, it sticks out like dog's balls. Midfielders walk taller around him, they definitely don't with Ablett, they did with Judd - though I just don't see him coaching and seeing the game as well as Mitchell.

It's probably clear that I'm a bit of a Sam Mitchell fanboy, but like to look at everything without bias. The longevity of his career and the sheer number of games in which he's been at the peak of his powers is just unreal. Looks like he won't slow down any time soon either.

Mitchell > Ablett > Judd imo
Judd's "thing" was break away from a pack after a contested possession was earned, Mitchell's "thing" is making the pack melt around him after gaining a contested possession.

People might start to get a new appreciation for him now that he's no longer in a side that commentators fap over. His "good driver in heavy traffic" ability is probably second to none.

P.s. Mitchell is the 2008 Premiership captain.

He has Judd covered mate...
See, I've been saying Mitchell was better for years and shot down for it.
So I cede the point that judd was better.
Now this :(
Where's my ball.
I'm going home

No chance.

Goodes was a rung below ablett and Mitchell. Probably behind a few others as well
No chance? Goodes is extremely underrated on BF. Only behind Ablett IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back