Game Day JLT Community Series - Carlton v Melbourne Game Day Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny people saying that we were at full strength....

We were missing 3 players that kicked more goals than your top goal kicker last year.. Kent 25, Garlett 29 and Watts 38...

Also missing Dom Tyson (4th in our best and fairest), Neville Jetta, Sam Frost and Josh Wagner.. all who were best 22 last year

I dont think Cripps, Armfield and Graham, the only players you were missing from your 22, would make up for that

If Kent, Frost and Wagner are best 22 for you.. youre more ****ed than we are.

Unfortunately, you can't polish a turd. Our midfield is one of the worst in the comp. no team will fear coming up against us. We would be penciled in as a win by every team.

Expect a bottom 4 finish. If we get injuries I foresee the number 1 pick coming our way.

Kent would of been your highest goal kicker last year
Cripps would have been your best player and he didn't even win our B&F.

What is your point?

Cripps would have been your best player and he didn't even win our B&F.

What is your point?

My point was Dean Kent would be best 22 for you guys easily. Nobody is denying how good Cripps is.

Kent would of been your highest goal kicker last year

Harry come back after round 2 and we will see what's what. In the meantime enjoy your February hot streak. They played with a round ball when you guys last won a prem. Also, your co-captain Viney will be out suspended or will cost you a 50 at a crucial time this year and it will cost you a spot in the final 8. cheerio!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

totally disagree. Marchbank is a chb type, to be playing him as a fb 1 on 1 type would be a disservice.
would depend on the matchup. but i think plowman may be just a touch undersized to take on the real big forwards like hawkins, patton, tom boyd, tom lynch etc

Funny people saying that we were at full strength....

We were missing 3 players that kicked more goals than your top goal kicker last year.. Kent 25, Garlett 29 and Watts 38...

Also missing Dom Tyson (4th in our best and fairest), Neville Jetta, Sam Frost and Josh Wagner.. all who were best 22 last year

I dont think Cripps, Armfield and Graham, the only players you were missing from your 22, would make up for that

Put simply, Melbourne played at around 90% intensity. Carlton were a lacklustre 25% at best.
May be the Blues wont improve this, but that's where it's at.

Carlton won a Wizard cup then went on to finish dead last. Wait for the real stuff.

My point was Dean Kent would be best 22 for you guys easily. Nobody is denying how good Cripps is.

I don't think there are too many posters around here claiming that the Blues 2016 best 22 is capable of pushing deep into the finals!? see the thing is, the aim of the game is to win premierships (this may come as news to Melbourne folk)

Sam Rowe might not be capable of being best 22 in a premiership side, but he does protect our young developing guys who we hope will be. So Sam Rowe is a valuable best 22 player for the rebuilding blues.

Dean Kent might make best 22 for the 2016 blues, and he might never be capable of being best 22 premiership player... so what is your point and what good would he be to you or us?

I don't think there are too many posters around here claiming that the Blues 2016 best 22 is capable of pushing deep into the finals!? see the thing is, the aim of the game is to win premierships (this may come as news to Melbourne folk)

Sam Rowe might not be capable of being best 22 in a premiership side, but he does protect our young developing guys who we hope will be. So Sam Rowe is a valuable best 22 player for the rebuilding blues.

Dean Kent might make best 22 for the 2016 blues, and he might never be capable of being best 22 premiership player... so what is your point and what good would he be to you or us?

The difference between Sam Rowe and Dean Kent is Sam Rowe is 29 and Dean Kent is only 23, years from his prime. He is extremely underrated by people outside of Melbourne. He kicked 3 or more goals 3 times last year and ended up with 25 for the season.

Carlton fans would naturally underrate him because he played through a corked thigh and ankle injury for most of the game when we played you last year. Was his least impactful game for the season.

The difference between Sam Rowe and Dean Kent is Sam Rowe is 29 and Dean Kent is only 23, years from his prime. He is extremely underrated by people outside of Melbourne. He kicked 3 or more goals 3 times last year and ended up with 25 for the season.

Carlton fans would naturally underrate him because he played through a corked thigh and ankle injury for most of the game when we played you last year. Was his least impactful game for the season.
Is he your next premiership ff or chf?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back