JLT Week 4 Richmond v Collingwood at Moe Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

you must be looking forward to him breaking lines this season, point it out to me when it happens
Funny how you claim yours not trolling yet you have "antagonist" directly under your location;)

because people like you get worked up like this, you dont know how badly you are embarrassing yourself. Should have quit a while ago
Oh dear, the hypocrisy in this post.

you brought up draft results from 6 years ago, funnily enough I happen to remember Nathan Brown doing well in them.
You called him slow, I brought proof of how wrong you are.
What's Nathan Brown got to do with it?

Back to the Richmond board if you want to melt. That is one of the funniest threads I've ever seen. Never have I seen a time where the winners had to comfort the losers over a pre-season game.

And fwiw, our forward line is far superior to your forward line.

Sam Lloyd kick 10 more goals than your leading goalscorer last year, Riewoldt kicked 23 more and it was his worst return in 7 years....

Your forward line is s**t!

He did well he is slow, Prestia is slow. Your brain must be slow. Only 2 more weeks till you get to see the little fella break those lines.
Show me his results, I won't believe it until you show me the facts, you're not a very credible person to just believe.
They are also completely different players so not worth comparing and how many knee reconstructions has Brown had?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you remember when Collingwood won all 3 preseason games in 2016?

No, neither did I because it's practice!

Fremantle and Melbourne also went undefeated....

Deboer finished 2nd in his year in repeat sprints, is he not a plodder? Ahead of S.Hill too
I'm done with you seriously, just give in and admit you're wrong.

You're right that Deboer is a plodder but that's because he's not very good, not because he's slow because he isn't.

You will see in round 2.

If you consider Prestia a slow plodder, well I'd hate to see how you rate the majority of your midfield which are a lot slower then he is.
He's a predominantly inside midfielder anyway with the ability to break out of packs, he's not a line breaker.

I think Collingwood's forward line is quite underrated this year by many. Even I underrated it. Darcy Moore, Chris Mayne, Alex Fasolo, Jesse White, Jamie Elliot and their resting mids should be able to kick high scores for them this year. Their defending is still a concern though.

If I were to discuss about this game as if it is an indication of the season proper, I would say the following:

I think our midfield won the midfield battle today (33-24 in clearances is a bit telling of this). I wouldn't be concerned if I was a Collingwood supporter because Collingwood still have a better midfield than us considering that they were missing Pendlebury, De Goey, Greenwood and Wells :eek:. Our midfield is actually decent this year too so I can see how they are touted to have one of the best midfields in the competition. They also matched Essendon's midfield even with many out at stages, so I think you may be underestimating their midfield if you don't have it as one of the best in the league.

In regards to our forward line/their defence battle, I think we sort of broke even in the end. This is the area of concern for them because, for our standards, we had an inexperienced presence in our forward line today with Stengle debuting for the first time at Richmond, Chol with only 1 AFL game and Soldo never having played AFL footy for points. Also, Sam Lloyd played 28% game time. Despite all this, we still kicked 107 and could have had more if we didn't miss a couple of easy ones. Not sure who they were missing in defence, but if this is their final line-up, they'd want to perform better than that.

In terms of the ruck battle, points goes to Brodie Grundy IMO. Heading to elite level if not already there.

In terms of our defence/their forward line battle, I gotta say that they won that one. It was just so easy for them to go into our defence and score. Once the ball went to our defence, they'd have some type of score quite often. 53 inside 50s for 31 scoring shots is not bad. Our defence's performance today is probably the most disappointing for me. Funnily enough, I was impressed by our defence against Port Adelaide and Adelaide the two weeks prior, but this week Collingwood blew it apart (especially early on). Gotta have a look at that. Luckily we still have the likes of McIntosh, Corey Ellis, Markov and Short to trial in our backline before the season starts, so there is room for improvement.

All in all, it was a solid hit-out from both teams in the end and ended up being our most challenging one for the JLT Series.

why because a player is better than greenwood makes him not qualify as a plodder? you actually think pies will finish lower than tigers and bottom 4, good luck with that.
Are you serious, for starters Prestia is coming off a shortened pre season so is no where near peak, take a look at the stats and maybe look a little further than just disposals and you might see Prestias value, Ill use Treloar as an example as he was your best midfielder today, Prestia had more i50's than Treloar more rebound 50's, more marks i50 more 1%'s and more goals, yes Treloar racked up possessions having 10 more than Prestia and 1 more clearance but de% was 78.9 to Prestia and 62.1 to Treloar.

Plodder, you must be taking the piss mate,

Are you serious, for starters Prestia is coming off a shortened pre season so is no where near peak, take a look at the stats and maybe look a little further than just disposals and you might see Prestias value, Ill use Treloar as an example as he was your best midfielder today, Prestia had more i50's than Treloar more rebound 50's, more marks i50 more 1%'s and more goals, yes Treloar racked up possessions having 10 more than Prestia and 1 more clearance but de% was 78.9 to Prestia and 62.1 to Treloar.

Plodder, you must be taking the piss mate,
Jessie White had 3 goals today and Riewoldt had 2 do you see how that's not a very good argument?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back