Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say that's his whole audience, but the most fervent supporters in a parasocial relationship with him maybe are.
Like I said, a majority. Give or take.
The folks I know who listen to Rogan unironically and hang off every word are certainly without a daddy figure in their lives.

Very unmasculine in my opinion. Despite them making a song and dance of how masculine they are. 😅

I reckon the whole Joe Rohan thing, and even his guests, are a lot more normie than you think. That being said, I completely agree with what you say as it’s applied to the contrarian laugh react on Facebook, calling out the journalist, antivax type male know-it-all.

We’ve seen how much they cringe away from their civic duty when it came to getting a needle to prevent people getting sick. Can you imagine how these “hard men” would react if they introduced conscription? They would swiftly declare the bad guy is actually the good guy, therefore they’re conscientious objectors. We’ve already seen these “patriots” lay this groundwork by being weirdly supportive of Putin, one of the west’s older enemies.
I think there'd be a lot of Ted Nugent style pants shitting from that crowd, in the event of conscription into an actual war.

Alternate title: Rogan looks something up and decides it’s probably fake and says as much
Rogan is actually pretty good in my limited listening of questioning the validity of information and even calling out guests on some of their research. His style is very off the cuff, so to start talking about a topic and to "fact check on the fly" is pretty standard and better than those who don't bother to check at all..

.. and the food thing is not a new idea. I have heard of it before as well, but not sure whereabouts.

Rogan is actually pretty good in my limited listening of questioning the validity of information and even calling out guests on some of their research. His style is very off the cuff, so to start talking about a topic and to "fact check on the fly" is pretty standard and better than those who don't bother to check at all..

.. and the food thing is not a new idea. I have heard of it before as well, but not sure whereabouts.

You're right, and he has "Jamie" there to google stuff for him as he goes along. I think a lot who accuse him of misinformation don't actually listen to him, or if they do it's snippets.

You're right, and he has "Jamie" there to google stuff for him as he goes along. I think a lot who accuse him of misinformation don't actually listen to him, or if they do it's snippets.
Out of interest, how often does he fact check himself; things he believes, opinions he divulges in the course of his show?

Have to disagree. I've raised it before, but it's Joe Rogan's biggest fans that always seem to not know about things.

There's always an excuse of ignorance. "I don't follow him that much", "I only listen to his talks with athletes", "I don't know who that is", "Did he?".

It's the biggest defenders of people like Peterson, Rogan, Shapiro, Tucker Carlscum, that always seem to have missed very clear and specific information, and are desperate to remain unaware of it.

Have to disagree. I've raised it before, but it's Joe Rogan's biggest fans that always seem to not know about things.

There's always an excuse of ignorance. "I don't follow him that much", "I only listen to his talks with athletes", "I don't know who that is", "Did he?".

It's the biggest defenders of people like Peterson, Rogan, Shapiro, Tucker Carlscum, that always seem to have missed very clear and specific information, and are desperate to remain unaware of it.
What should his fans know that you think they don't know?

Out of interest, how often does he fact check himself; things he believes, opinions he divulges in the course of his show?

It varies I guess but several times during a podcast, would be in the double figures sometimes. I mean you can't really fact check an opinion of course but for a fact, event etc.

Of course he often just gets Jamie to bring up that vid of that knockout, or the bear fighting the zebra or whatever other stoner s**t he's talking about.

I'm not sure how to reply, do you want me to comment on a podcast that I haven't listened to? And clearly you're not a fan, so I'm sure you don't listen, so how are you getting your information on what he says? Through edited snippets from people who don't like him either?

It varies I guess but several times during a podcast, would be in the double figures sometimes. I mean you can't really fact check an opinion of course but for a fact, event etc.

Of course he often just gets Jamie to bring up that vid of that knockout, or the bear fighting the zebra or whatever other stoner s**t he's talking about.

I'm not sure how to reply, do you want me to comment on a podcast that I haven't listened to? And clearly you're not a fan, so I'm sure you don't listen, so how are you getting your information on what he says? Through edited snippets from people who don't like him either?
Uuuughhhhhhhhhh.

"Snippets".

Whatever Interloper.
You made the point that people who call him out, don't listen to him.
I pointed out that it's actually the people who support him, who insist they don't listen to him enough to know about him.

Your reply is that I don't like him, so I'm biased. And I listen to biased information to confirm my biased opinion of him.
You're doing the usual, defending him via a pledge of ignorance, while insisting it's just people complaining because they don't like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uuuughhhhhhhhhh.

"Snippets".

Whatever Interloper.
You made the point that people who call him out, don't listen to him.
I pointed out that it's actually the people who support him, who insist they don't listen to him enough to know about him.

Your reply is that I don't like him, so I'm biased. And I listen to biased information to confirm my biased opinion of him.
You're doing the usual, defending him via a pledge of ignorance, while insisting it's just people complaining because they don't like him.

So what's the answer? Unless I listen to every one of his podcasts I can't have an opinion?

I'm not defending the wrong things he sometimes says, he's not a news service or a journal paper, he's a harmless stoner talking s**t. And for some reason very famous and important people want to talk to him, I'm not sure he knows why either.

Um ok so what? And like I said he's a Bernie Sanders supporter, he's had him on his podcast actually, does this make him "good" now?

So what's the answer? Unless I listen to every one of his podcasts I can't have an opinion?

I'm not defending the wrong things he sometimes says, he's not a news service or a journal paper, he's a harmless stoner talking s**t. And for some reason very famous and important people want to talk to him, I'm not sure he knows why either.

Um ok so what? And like I said he's a Bernie Sanders supporter, he's had him on his podcast actually, does this make him "good" now?
Ok. Sorry I'm being rude. I'm just fed up with the double speak and bad faith actors.

Do you support Ron DeSantis? If you do, why, if you don't why not?
You can say you don't know enough about him... But that goes to the point I'm trying to make about ignorance.

That's the deliberate ignorance. And you're smart enough to be more than aware of it. Engage or don't.
I corrected you, you knew it before I corrected you.

So what's the thought here, I should take him much more seriously? This guy?

i2o5v46egke61.jpg

Ok. Sorry I'm being rude. I'm just fed up with the double speak and bad faith actors.

Do you support Ron DeSantis? If you do, why, if you don't why not?
You can say you don't know enough about him... But that goes to the point I'm trying to make about ignorance.

Jesus christ man ha ha! I'm not sure how to answer, if I say I don't know enough about him I'm wrong, so is the right answer to say he's a bad person, Rogan supports him and so I won't listen to his podcast?

And again (for the third time), Rogan supports Bernie Sanders, had him on the podcast and would have voted for him if he ran for President, so what are your thoughts on this?

So what's the thought here, I should take him much more seriously? This guy?

i2o5v46egke61.jpg

Jesus christ man ha ha! I'm not sure how to answer, if I say I don't know enough about him I'm wrong, so is the right answer to say he's a bad person, Rogan supports him and so I won't listen to his podcast?

And again (for the third time), Rogan supports Bernie Sanders, had him on the podcast and would have voted for him if he ran for President, so what are your thoughts on this?

Ok you don't know or care who he is.
Let's assume that's initially the position for the majority of his listeners. (Reasonable?)
After hearing strong support from Rogan towards DeSantis for days, months, years... what do you think they will think of DeSantis?

When they start listening to DeSantis, what will happen next?

I like Joe Rogan. I can't help it, I'll always have a soft spot for him from UFC. But he has an incredibly large and influential platform. And he's been using it to push dangerous ideologies. Deliberate or not, it's happening.

There are people who attack him for blowing his nose the wrong way. That doesn't mean there isn't also valid criticism of Rogan that should be listened to and addressed.

Does any of this make sense to you? Or are you just going to go back to "ha ha, he's just a stoner who supports Sanders!?!?"?

Ok you don't know or care who he is.
Let's assume that's initially the position for the majority of his listeners. (Reasonable?)
After hearing strong support from Rogan towards DeSantis for days, months, years... what do you think they will think of DeSantis?

When they start listening to DeSantis, what will happen next?

I like Joe Rogan. I can't help it, I'll always have a soft spot for him from UFC. But he has an incredibly large and influential platform. And he's been using it to push dangerous ideologies. Deliberate or not, it's happening.

There are people who attack him for blowing his nose the wrong way. That doesn't mean there isn't also valid criticism of Rogan that should be listened to and addressed.

Does any of this make sense to you? Or are you just going to go back to "ha ha, he's just a stoner who supports Sanders!?!?"?

Ok, so he's an influential person who says stuff you don't agree with and supports those who you don't like. So what would be the answer to this travesty do you think?

And again, he also supports Sanders, politically he's all over the place in all honesty. So does this part not matter, is it on the Desantis stuff that has you raging?

he's a harmless stoner talking s**t. And for some reason very famous and important people want to talk to him, I'm not sure he knows why either.

He knows exactly why; he has a massive platform of listeners.

That inherently makes him not harmless if he's using that platform to give voice to patently false or damaging views.

It's a bit like the anti-vaxx argument that he was simply giving equal voice to two sides of the discussion, despite one side being a niche argument not backed by evidence that was actively working against the wellbeing of the population during a pandemic.

Yeah, yeah, he's not a scientist, we know, but the size and reach of his platform means people hear the information coming through that platform, assume it's at least somewhat accurate and from a credible expert, and take it as fact.

He knows exactly why; he has a massive platform of listeners.

That inherently makes him not harmless if he's using that platform to give voice to patently false or damaging views.

It's a bit like the anti-vaxx argument that he was simply giving equal voice to two sides of the discussion, despite one side being a niche argument not backed by evidence that was actively working against the wellbeing of the population during a pandemic.

Yeah, yeah, he's not a scientist, we know, but the size and reach of his platform means people hear the information coming through that platform, assume it's at least somewhat accurate and from a credible expert, and take it as fact.

Ok so what should be done then in your opinion? He be stopped from having certain guests on there because he's popular? He should have a panel of people on his podcast from all views on a topic? I hear what you're saying, I'm just not sure what his detractors want done about him.

Spotify have a disclaimer on some of his podcasts now where I assume COVID is discussed, if you click it it takes you to an information source about COVID, the latest on vaccines etc, is that enough?

Ok so what should be done then in your opinion? He be stopped from having certain guests on there because he's popular? He should have a panel of people on his podcast from all views on a topic? I hear what you're saying, I'm just not sure what his detractors want done about him.

Spotify have a disclaimer on some of his podcasts now where I assume COVID is discussed, if you click it it takes you to an information source about COVID, the latest on vaccines etc, is that enough?
What I want done, is for you to address anything that's been presented to you... repeatedly.

As in, actually address...

ha ha, but the memes, lol.

Why are you frothing anytime someone is even slightly critical of him? Unless we support him 100% we want him dead???? Why do you hold such a ridiculous position?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back