Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you think it's a stretch?
It’s just a pretty run of the mill conservative rant about how we need to go back to the fifties (I think? Not sure I actually hear him advocate anything there). It’s not he, Matt Walsh, confessing he wants to violate children.

What is it with all these incel super dorks and wanting to force marriage on teen girls?

******* creeps!
There have always been these people. Now they get some of the biggest platforms online. All for money.

it's a podcast dude. Not a news broadcast rofl.

The guy doesn't need to have people fact checking his s**t. His deal is he rocks up with a guest and just talks for 2-3 hours, there is no script. Is basically just free style discussion is he going to get s**t wrong? Of course, he is human. If you want a 100% fact checked discussion, dont watch it.

it's up you as a listener to take in what you're hearing and come up with you're own conclusion. I doubt joe cares if you disagree with him.

Half the reason Joes show is appealing is because its approachable. There i nothing worse than watching a show or listening to a podcast where everyone is just sitting on the fence because they are too scared what people might say if they get something wrong.

People are allowed to disagree with other people's views on stuff.
The problem is that a large chunk of rogans audience don't know that.
They think it's an 'aLtErNuTiV nEws SaUcE' and that they're 'doing their own research' listening to him.

There are people who religiously listen to him that genuinely believed that gobbledygook about the furry litter tray in the classroom.

Rogan is the heavily dumbed down, American fast food take away version of proper discourse.
Though try telling any of his mind controlled audience that and they are triggered in a way that would make a blue haired feminist blush.

... I'm going to fight the urge to be rude here.

I think you need to go back and read the conversation, as one of two things is happening here: one, you saw my post and replied, not knowing what I was replying to; two, you know what I'm replying to, and decided you wanted to try on a bit of point scoring.

well yeah i did respond to your post.

not reading 27 thread pages to understand your view.

My point was simple. It's a podcast, he doesn't and should not need to have anything fact checked. You are allowed to disagree with something.

Yeah. Nah.

When you have an audience and reach like Rogan does, you don't get to claim ignorance anymore.

He and his team know exactly who he's getting on, and what they're going to promote.

He can do what he wants. It's a private podcast that started small and now is huge, i guess because a lot of people like it? Who are you to say what he can and can't do with his own podcast rofl.

if you dont like the content. Turn it off.

I love the podcast, i certainly dont agree with everything he says. Factually, or non-factually. EG. Alot of the COVID stuff he was talking about was Wack and didn't make sense, that doesn't mean i expect the guy to fact check every single little thing. Thats totally against the point of what the podcast is supposed to be.

Since when everyone has to have the same opinion about something.

Last edited:
Unfortunately he poisons a chunk of the general public discourse when he brings these losers on his show, such is his reach these days.

The more money he makes, the less he cares about how many Christo-fascists and disinformation peddlers he promotes.

You cannot tell me he can't find interesting, knowledgeable non-kooks for his show. He's mining a shallow, thick vein of idiots when he gets people like Walsh and Shapiro on, no matter what he claims.

"Just stating facts!" - he's a PDF file:

Rogan had Milo Yiannopolous on his show to state that he was glad to have an adult priest orally rape him as a child as it taught him “how to give good head”.

Rogan pushes back a bit but then mostly jokes with Milo about it.

Rogan’s fine with Pedo joking as long as it’s with a right winger. “But leftie drag queens are dangerous as them reading books to kids is grooming and we need to beat them”…….

Since when everyone has to have the same opinion about something.

Who says they do? Is this something you've made up to try to argue against because you know you can't justify Rogan being paid millions by Spotify simultaneously pretending it's not up to him and his team who appears on his show, or that they're somehow incapable and powerless of fact checking things they're going to talk about?

Given the size and reach of his platform he doesn't get to claim ignorance of who's going on it, what they're saying, and any impact that follows.

Rogan knows exactly who his guests are and what they represent. If harm comes from the views those people espouse on his platform - to his very large listener base - he doesn't get to wash his hands of that.

All the Rogan fanbois come up with the same tired arguments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately he poisons a chunk of the general public discourse when he brings these losers on his show, such is his reach these days.

The more money he makes, the less he cares about how many Christo-fascists and disinformation peddlers he promotes.

You cannot tell me he can't find interesting, knowledgeable non-kooks for his show. He's mining a shallow, thick vein of idiots when he gets people like Walsh and Shapiro on, no matter what he claims.
Take a Bex, lie down and watch this one.

Who says they do? Is this something you've made up to try to argue against because you know you can't justify Rogan being paid millions by Spotify simultaneously pretending it's not up to him and his team who appears on his show, or that they're somehow incapable and powerless of fact checking things they're going to talk about?

Given the size and reach of his platform he doesn't get to claim ignorance of who's going on it, what they're saying, and any impact that follows.

Rogan knows exactly who his guests are and what they represent. If harm comes from the views those people espouse on his platform - to his very large listener base - he doesn't get to wash his hands of that.

All the Rogan fanbois come up with the same tired arguments.

I wouldn't say i'm a fan boy. I like the podcast but i also think some of the s**t he says is wack. Why does everyone who likes something is just a "fan boi".

I'm just saying a private podcast doesn't need to me moderated to the lengths you think it does, the fact is unmoderated is a major appeal to why its successful. Spotify are the ones who are paying him because what he is doing is so successful. If Spotify dont like it, they can easily just drop the deal they have with him. he was successful enough without it.

Not everyone agrees we need to live in a nanny state where everything is moderated. IMO its up the individual adult to listen to what they want and ascertain what they think is correct.

people need to understand they are listening to a guy's opinion. If you dont like it. Dont watch it.

Yes. This is the problem. Nutters get their fix. Joegan gets his doughgan.

dont see the problem.

if you dont like the nutcase on a specific episode, then dont listen to it.

i think Shapiro is a w***er. So i didn't listen to that specific episode

dont see the problem.

if you dont like the nutcase on a specific episode, then dont listen to it.
Unfortunately people do. Their message - anti-vax, transphobia, fascism, etc - spreads and affects everyone.

It's like asking people not to get your water from THAT part of the reservoir that Joegan and his crew took a toxic dump in.

Or asking me not to talk to younger relatives who soak the Joegan crap up and want to talk about it at a party.

Not everyone agrees we need to live in a nanny state

its up the individual adult to listen to what they want

ascertain what they think is correct

they are listening to a guy's opinion

All of which is nonsense.

Rogan has an enormous platform. He often uses that platform to put people on who espouse views that are known to be incorrect, misleading, or are likely to cause controversy or harm were people to take their views at face value.

'oh but he's a private podcaster' is just shifting any onus of responsibility from a bloke worth multiple millions of dollars to individuals who (incorrectly) assume that the guests on his show are giving any kind of factually accurate statements.

In an ideal world anyone could say anything because everyone would be fully knowledgeable and equipped to do their own (proper) research and work out whether what they're hearing is in any way accurate, representative, and not false or intentionally misleading. We don't live in such a world, so most platforms are subject to various codes of conduct regarding what they can or cannot publish.

People love to rip in to main-stream media, whilst forgetting that they're at the very least bound by codes of conduct, despite reading or viewing them being 'optional' yet are willing to give Rogan a free pass.

For someone who say's they're not a Rogan fan boy, you're doing an immense job of arguing why poor old wealthy Joe shouldn't bear any responsibility for the stuff that's said on his private podcast.

It's his podcast right? He's responsible for what goes on.

Unfortunately people do. Their message - anti-vax, transphobia, fascism, etc - spreads and affects everyone.

It's like asking people not to get your water from THAT part of the reservoir that Joegan and his crew took a toxic dump in.

Or asking me not to talk to younger relatives who soak the Joegan crap up and want to talk about it at a party.

Not every guest Joe Rogan gets on is a nutcase.

he certainty gets some quacks on but that's part of the appeal i suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back