Games & Recreation Join the Sweet FA - BigFooty's very own Fantasy Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

So s**t, he just rid of his last badge, he then request Anfo for another badge to be made, and now you want to boost his ego again.

But seriously Clarkey, you are really keen on the advertising thing.
Sometimes it's best to leave your vendetta against me elsewhere flog.

Piss off.

When it says results are random - does that mean my stats will be completely random each week?

I think I would prefer it if there was some kind of underlying skill level/ability involved.

Not completely Random, the Sim is designed to simulate a flowing game of Footy, and you also have a week to week form built into the background of the program.

When it says results are random - does that mean my stats will be completely random each week?

I think I would prefer it if there was some kind of underlying skill level/ability involved.
So the games are simulated using a program called qooty, games are randomly simulated and depends on which position you play on the field depends on how well you play (outliers are possible, and frequent because players may change position during the game).

As for continuation of form over several games, through some research I have found that over a few games a players is able to have a patch of good form before having a patch of bad form. For example, at the half way mark of last season's BnF for the Dragons, I was leading. After half way, I failed to score another vote till the very last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to think results and stats are based on ones attractiveness. My team won the premiership last season...

Not completely Random, the Sim is designed to simulate a flowing game of Footy, and you also have a week to week form built into the background of the program.

I guess my question is if I am a 'Zac Dawson' type am I going to pop up one week and kick 13 goals, before moving into midfield the week after and getting 35 touches?

I guess my question is if I am a 'Zac Dawson' type am I going to pop up one week and kick 13 goals, before moving into midfield the week after and getting 35 touches?

Its possible, depending on your position. Although pretty unlikely. Say if you play at FF, you may kick 4 you may kick 0 in your first. Likewise, if you start Center or Rover you may get 31 touches or you may get 14, but over the course of a few games in one spot you pick a form up and you'll see yourself chain together good matches.

Bootsma you silly.

Where you are positioned depends on how your captain places you on the field.... the more you help out and ae active the captain may rewad you with a better spot on the field.

The most goals kicked in one game by a player is 12, I think, but that was ages ago when the sim kept outputting large scores. The average is about 4 goals for the Full Forward, and its skewed towards the 4 rather than 0.

Ou can achieve 30+ touches in a game, and it's not as rare as players kicking 8+ goals at FF.

But it is very unlikely for a player to go from the FF position to the midfield during the season, as captains usually place one player at FF for the entire season to help their chances on winning the SFA version of the Coleman medal.

OMG AN OUTSIDER RESPONDED

I see a lot of people have given you long winded answers, here's the tl;dr

Each result, performance, action in the game is random. However, certain positions means a more likely chance of x goals, x disposals etc. than others.

OMG AN OUTSIDER RESPONDED

I see a lot of people have given you long winded answers, here's the tl;dr

Each result, performance, action in the game is random. However, certain positions means a more likely chance of x goals, x disposals etc. than others.
Partially correct, there is also player form that extends beyond one game. And that what we have been trying to explain.

He was asking for a specific part of how the simulator works, and therefore we answered it.

Most people don't know that the sim also generated another points scoring system that is not posted with the match statistics, and this points system is use to determine Mobbs Medal votes. Should we scrap the Mobbs Medal then?

Who said anything about scrapping? Anyway, I was giving the tl;dr version if you missed it.

Stop derailing the thread spakka.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back