Jono Patton ACL ? The curse of the recurring ACL injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Best wishes to Patton. I absolutely hate ACL's. Its pretty much the worst common injury you can get in football.
Happening so late in the season can easily ruin 2 seasons.

Why the Bulldogs hate for The General and GWS?

Bad luck for the lad.

Yeh just the rivalry. Also pretty sure it was him I seen in a interview/article after the Boyd trade saying that Boyd has chosen money over success. Implying doggies have no chance of improving and so I don't like him either but don't like to see him injured especially as serious as this.

Yeh just the rivalry. Also pretty sure it was him I seen in a interview/article after the Boyd trade saying that Boyd has chosen money over success. Implying doggies have no chance of improving and so I don't like him either but don't like to see him injured especially as serious as this.
No class though.
I wouldn't troll an injury thread under any circumstances. You wont understand why I know.

No class though.
I wouldn't troll an injury thread under any circumstances. You wont understand why I know.

Get off it. What troll? He just said he is in his 3 least liked players in the comp that's just an opinion. Nothing to do with his injury. I understand he couldve just left it out but he went on to say he doesn't like to see anyone injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was more implying he did the runner for coin literally.

Which is true.

Some find that hard to take and have to hate on the bloke.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Get off it. What troll? He just said he is in his 3 least liked players in the comp that's just an opinion. Nothing to do with his injury. I understand he couldve just left it out but he went on to say he doesn't like to see anyone injured.
Come off nothing, when Boyd's mental health issues broke I didn't go onto the maiboard thread saying he's a useless prick but I hope he gets his head together, although I certainly believe it.
Again you wont understand why, I get that.

It was more implying he did the runner for coin literally.

Which is true.

Some find that hard to take and have to hate on the bloke.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yeh fair enough, can't remember it word for word so won't argue it. He also got back to his hometown but, though the coin obviously helped.

Not sure. It looked pretty bad at the time though.

The physio did that test they do where they test for sideways stability, but then he went back on. So who knows.
Terrible news for GWS and The General if this is confirmed. There was an interesting study done a few years back that suggested those that were injured had significantly different posture and landing biomechanics in comparison with uninjured participants and there was a correlation between this and the risk of doing an ACL.

I'm no real expert in this field so hard to say if this may have been factor but I would be interested to see what sort of drill he was doing at training (eg. ruck practice inc jumping) or if it was just one of those innocuous things.

Come off nothing, when Boyd's mental health issues broke I didn't go onto the maiboard thread saying he's a useless prick but I hope he gets his head together, although I certainly believe it.
Again you wont understand why, I get that.
Lol wtf?

Stop being arrogant acting like you know what I understand mate. Geez big drama over nothing. Anyway I'm done replying to you. Unlucky for Patton but young enough to get back out there still.

3rd ACL injury for Patton? , thats a tough break for a young footy player. Only on rare occasions have we seen players recover from multiple knee reco's, Smith x 3, Menzel x 4

Hope he recovers and can get back on the field.

Skinner at the Lions is a couple of NEAFL games in after returning from his 3rd ACL.

Really hope Patton can come back. So good as a junior and hasn’t had the chance to establish himself. Terrible news.

Interesting, because I noticed he hurt his knee during a ruck contest on the weekend as well.

Have to question the GWS medical team if so, took a pretty heavy knee knock during the game against Hawthorn and returned to the field. Probably just connecting random dots but it has to be asked.

Would suck if true been heavily limited due his knees.

Why not?

There’s been a lot of thought that ACLs happen on the back of minor tweaks of the knee weeks earlier.

If the knee isn’t structurally sound you’re at a greater risk of it giving out.

Same knee?

Not sure. It looked pretty bad at the time though.

The physio did that test they do where they test for sideways stability, but then he went back on. So who knows.

Just double checked the tape. The knock to the knee in the Hawthorn game was to his right knee. This new one looks to be the left. So completely unrelated.

Lobb and Himmelberg go alright as forwards.
No they don't. Lobb averages 0.9 goals per game even though he spends most of his time up forward and Himmelberg makes the Saints look like quality goal kickers. It isn't like Patton was a prolific goal scorer.

Just need the midfielders to kick more until Greene, and then Cameron get back. Patton missing could actually be good for our forward line by forcing more pressure down there. Lids and Griffin like spending time up forward too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back