Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

De Goey has genuine x factor, these guys don't grow on trees. Moore is easily replaceable. You're right in that they won't be able to get close to North's offer but they just have to get close enough. I reckon he is the exact sort of player North could do with. Two first rounders is a high price but there is every chance those 2 players won't go on to be as good as De Goey combined let alone by themselves.

I don’t think Moore is “easily replaceable” at all. I think you may be undervaluing Moore in that respect. If Moore can stay on the park he is as important as anyone on your list apart from Grundy.
Not doubting De goey would be a massive get for the club, but I just don’t feel he is a real need at this point. We have Zurharr, Garner, Thomas as well as a few others who can play that similar role. Obviously De goey is a step above those players (currently), but they’re more than capable and we have bigger holes to fill.
If we are giving up two 1st rounders as well a large portion of our salary, I would prefer it to be on a genuine inside/outside mid or a key back.
To be perfectly frank I’d prefer we take the gamble and pick 2 kids and use the cash on a FA if available.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think Moore is “easily replaceable” at all. I think you may be undervaluing Moore in that respect. If Moore can stay on the park he is as important as anyone on your list apart from Grundy.
Not doubting De goey would be a massive get for the club, but I just don’t feel he is a real need at this point. We have Zurharr, Garner, Thomas as well as a few others who can play that similar role. Obviously De goey is a step above those players (currently), but they’re more than capable and we have bigger holes to fill.
If we are giving up two 1st rounders as well a large portion of our salary, I would prefer it to be on a genuine inside/outside mid or a key back.
To be perfectly frank I’d prefer we take the gamble and pick 2 kids and use the cash on a FA if available.

It seems I'm underrating Moore and overrating De Goey. I've seen De Goey grab the game by the scruff of the neck and dragged the Pies into the game. I know he isn't a full time mid and may never be but I've seen him be put on the ball and make an impact instantly. He's strong and explosive. I still remember him out muscling Rance in a contest and taking a grab clear as day. I still feel like Pies need Goey for an extra avenue for goals given they lack a consistent tall forward and Goey helps with that.

I'm very bullish on Thomas but lets not mix up potential and a proven thing. Also do not confuse A graders with elite which I believe De Goey is capable of.

Hawks will have a genuine crack, and it will depend on how we go this year whether he entertains the offer. Have ample money to spend as much as we want if we choose to. Feel like he is a missing piece of the puzzle for us where we have multiple game changers in the team. Him and Wingard ripping it up is a mouth watering prospect.

It seems I'm underrating Moore and overrating De Goey. I've seen De Goey grab the game by the scruff of the neck and dragged the Pies into the game. I know he isn't a full time mid and may never be but I've seen him be put on the ball and make an impact instantly. He's strong and explosive. I still remember him out muscling Rance in a contest and taking a grab clear as day. I still feel like Pies need Goey for an extra avenue for goals given they lack a consistent tall forward and Goey helps with that.

I'm very bullish on Thomas but lets not mix up potential and a proven thing. Also do not confuse A graders with elite which I believe De Goey is capable of.

I am by no means downplaying De Goey’s abilities or what he done so far. All I am saying is that we have players playing a similar role and a couple who have the potential to match De Goeys output.
I just think north have a few holes to fill bigger than a medium forward. If Tarrant was to go down we would be in big strife, plus he is north of 30. Probably another elite inside/outside mid would be at the top of the list, or possibly a ruckmen with Goldstein over 30 also.
De Goey is an absolute gun, but with where our list is at, I would prefer our picks and money be utilised on the bigger holes we have.
I think you could say the same about Collingwood. If De Goey was to go down you still have players like Stephenson, Thomas, Elliott, Hoskin Elliott, ect who can play a similar role. Maybe not to his level, but it is still cover for him. If Moore was to go down than I think you have less cover for him.
If I was a pies supporter and I had the choice of De Goey or Moore, I would be picking Moore every day of the week. Not because Moore is better, but because if you look at your list as a whole, Moore is more vital to your success going forward in my opinion.

Zurharr is tracking just as well as De Goey at the same age, if not better.
If you don’t think Thomas has the potential to be as good as De Goey, you have no hope. The guy is going to be an absolute weapon.
I’m not saying they will be better, but they have the potential to be as good as him, which is what I originally stated.
You can throw Simpkin into that mix as well, if he continues to play forward/mid.

Would love to see him go just for the Collingwood fan melts, but in reality he is somewhere between zero and also zero chance to leave.
I’d say the difference would have to be at least 150k per year between rivals offer and the pies for him to go
200k per year diff over say 6 years would be around what it would take,wouldn’t turn down 1.2mil over that time

I’d say the difference would have to be at least 150k per year between rivals offer and the pies for him to go
200k per year diff over say 6 years would be around what it would take,wouldn’t turn down 1.2mil over that time

Nah, especially if we're talking about him moving to small club like us or the Saints, that's not anywhere near it when you consider the $ that a star player will make out of being at a big club and being constantly in the limelight over the length of their career - and even after that you'll have Eddie promising to set him up with a sweet media gig and make sure he's taken care of post career. No chance to leave unless he really effs up off the field and Pies give him the flick - he seems to be past that kind of behaviour now though, good for him.

Players dont leave clubs like Richmond , Collingwood , Carlton , Essendon , West Coast for $150k-$200k a year more as witnessed in the past
has to be significantly more to move players from competing big clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he knock North Offer which was More Difference between the 2 Offers few years ago already?

Players dont leave clubs like Richmond , Collingwood , Carlton , Essendon , West Coast for $150k-$200k a year more as witnessed in the past
has to be significantly more to move players from competing big clubs
Playing in front of 50-80k consistently as opposed to playing in Tassie and Canberra in the snow is worth the pay sacfirice

This is one of the most delusional things I've read on this website.

Well North threw the kitchen sink at him 2 years ago. Will they include the rest of the caravan this time?
is his value as high as it was 2 years ago though ? doesn't seem the most professional player and has been inconsistent.
Is he worth huge bucks at 24 when he hasn't demonstrated the necessary professionalism yet. Will he get there ?
No doubt the upside is huge, but at 24 I would think he would need to be displaying more to entertain the big offers as he's past the age of being a promising kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back