Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d say the difference would have to be at least 150k per year between rivals offer and the pies for him to go
200k per year diff over say 6 years would be around what it would take,wouldn’t turn down 1.2mil over that time
JDG will get plenty of endorsements above his new contract at Pies. He’ll no doubt look at offers that come his way, but will re sign on a 5 year deal IMO.

Well North threw the kitchen sink at him 2 years ago. Will they include the rest of the caravan this time?

Maybe. We won't get him if we do, but we might make it harder for you to retain someone more mid-tier later down the line. If big-name players keep using us to get bigger contract offers out of their clubs, eventually it leads to someone getting squeezed out (though not sure it's worth our time and effort).

Will be interesting to see who they force out on top of Aish to accomodate pendles, Grundy, Moore, Cox, degoey

I expect us to go hard at JDG again and maybe this time he takes the cash?
Pendles might not be commanding the top tier $$$ but will still be getting $700k range money and wont be playing for peanuts, I would even go as far as to say that he could easily still get a 2 year deal at another club like Brisbane / Hodge
Looks like the pies signed pendles for chips on a one year deal.

Last edited:
You take the guaranteed money over some fantasy post career money
Outside sponsorships that his manager could organise for him playing for a major over a minnow club would be worth significantly more than your ‘guaranteed money’ alone.

What sort of sponsorships? I don't see Jordan on many billboards.
Sorry I didn’t realise that the only sponsorships available to players are billboards. My bad.

Sorry I didn’t realise that the only sponsorships available to players are billboards. My bad.

Fair enough - maybe you can list the types of sponsorship Jordan gets or will get if he stays a Pie - us minnows are intrigued. Or is it secret stuff you can't let us know about?

Fair enough - maybe you can list the types of sponsorship Jordan gets or will get if he stays a Pie - us minnows are intrigued. Or is it secret stuff you can't let us know about?

Don't think it be hard to work out.

Bigger Clubs have Better Connections then the Minniow Clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he might have been on say $800k and now will get $500 or $600 dont think he will be playing for $400k
You’re the only one who mentioned $400k. It was stated that he’d be happy taking a pay cut in pursuit of a premiership and to keep the list together, and it’s turned out to be spot on. You’re just clutching at straws with this $400k talk.

he might have been on say $800k and now will get $500 or $600 dont think he will be playing for $400k
Well that's 100 - 200 less then the $700k you assured us he was getting earlier.

This time tomorrow you might have Pendlebury paying the Pies to play.

They will pay JDG what he wants/ top it off with some sort of Dusty/Puma type sprinkling.

The squeeze doesn't usually effect the top players, it usually effects the second tier. E.g. you don't lose the top end but someone like the Sier, Phillips, Langdon, Elliot type players might get squeezed out.

You’re the only one who mentioned $400k. It was stated that he’d be happy taking a pay cut in pursuit of a premiership and to keep the list together, and it’s turned out to be spot on. You’re just clutching at straws with this $400k talk.
Well that's 100 - 200 less then the $700k you assured us he was getting earlier.

This time tomorrow you might have Pendlebury paying the Pies to play.
So whats he getting ? Do any of you gents know the exact amount

As far as we know he could still get $700k and has given up $100k

1 thing i do know is players dont take a 50% cut for anything

The only thing that i get from that article is that he has signed a 1 year deal and taken a paycut from his last contract (which was 1 of the highest in the league)

So i will wait until some numbers are mentioned to give you guys credit for predicting he will play for a significant amount less

Wouldn't have a clue. I'm not the one reducing my predicted salary, that's you.
Reducing predicted salary !!

Mate it was in response to a pies supporter saying that Pendles wouldnt be on that much now that he is 30 and i just said whilst he will get less which is normal he wont be playing for peanuts.

its all just guess work from everybody as it will never get revealed but his pay cut wont be what makes the difference to De Goey staying or leaving at the end of the day

i just said whilst he will get less which is normal he wont be playing for peanuts.
Oh so it was the other Richmond poster called THE_GUN that said he was on $700k and then revised to $500/$600k.

Cool.

So whats he getting ? Do any of you gents know the exact amount

As far as we know he could still get $700k and has given up $100k

1 thing i do know is players dont take a 50% cut for anything

The only thing that i get from that article is that he has signed a 1 year deal and taken a paycut from his last contract (which was 1 of the highest in the league)

So i will wait until some numbers are mentioned to give you guys credit for predicting he will play for a significant amount less

If he wanted to go to the Saints you could have pick 6 and Cars assuming we got pick 35+Sier back.

1. That’s not a fair trade
2. He’s not the type of personality the saints need, trading those types in has crippled your for decades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back