Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

JDG will get plenty of endorsements above his new contract at Pies. He’ll no doubt look at offers that come his way, but will re sign on a 5 year deal IMO.
This is why I found it funny when big vic clubs especially eddie whinged and got cola abolished for qld and nsw clubs
They can’t offer the endorsements, post career income like others.
Judd is still on the payroll at Carlton.

If he wanted to go to the Saints you could have pick 6 and Cars assuming we got pick 35+Sier back.

Lol.

You'd be lucky to get JDG for pick 6 + 'Cars' who is a nobody. Forget 35 + Sier back.

And it would ruin the Saints even more. Becoming a VIC version of GCS. People go there for cash and relax.

Lol.

You'd be lucky to get JDG for pick 6 + 'Cars' who is a nobody. Forget 35 + Sier back.

And it would ruin the Saints even more. Becoming a VIC version of GCS. People go there for cash and relax.

Don’t knock us just yet, every team is a long way from GC. I think us and the Suns might shock a few.

Don’t knock us just yet, every team is a long way from GC. I think us and the Suns might shock a few.

Not intended to be a knock in earnest - just that Carlisle has gone downhill since he got there on a reported $800k and Hannebery has also been a flop.

Go to the draft, haven't done too poorly there of late IMO.

Not intended to be a knock in earnest - just that Carlisle has gone downhill since he got there on a reported $800k and Hannebery has also been a flop.

Go to the draft, haven't done too poorly there of late IMO.

Yeah I’d agree with that.

It's got me buggered why you still have that dud yank as your avatar,unfortunately for us non pie fans he will be out the door in 12 months,brisbane certaintly dodged a bullet there.
Mostly because it’s funny seeing the big gangly giraffe somehow turning Richmond defenders inside out. I can’t say I’m a big fan of his otherwise.

Mostly because it’s funny seeing the big gangly giraffe somehow turning Richmond defenders inside out. I can’t say I’m a big fan of his otherwise.
Only Great Game he has Played, Game of his Life that was

Only Great Game he has Played, Game of his Life that was
Didn't quite top Paul Dear but wasn't far off! Hearing Bruce prattle on about how Cox might be 'changing the nature of football' made it even more hilarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy would be a quintessential Essendon pick up. Great forward of centre, can have an impact at a stoppage, but hasn't shown that he accumulates enough ball to be a bona fide midfielder.

Agree with Soups IF I had to Choose it be Moore. Easier to find another De Goey then it would be to find another Moore

I think if De Goey can up his minutes in the midfield his trajectory is heading towards Dusty levels in the next couple of years. Maybe not quite to his level, but match winners like that definitely aren’t easy to find.
There is also the issue of Moore’s body holding up. It seems like he struggles to get through a year without injury. He had a relatively good run last year, but still missed 8-9 games.

As a North supporter I would take Moore all day long because he would fill our biggest hole. As good as De Goey is, we have some quality players who can fill a similar role.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think if De Goey can up his minutes in the midfield his trajectory is heading towards Dusty levels in the next couple of years. Maybe not quite to his level, but match winners like that definitely aren’t easy to find.
There is also the issue of Moore’s body holding up. It seems like he struggles to get through a year without injury. He had a relatively good run last year, but still missed 8-9 games.

As a North supporter I would take Moore all day long because he would fill our biggest hole. As good as De Goey is, we have some quality players who can fill a similar role.

Would need to give us a lot for Moore then?

We only have Him and Kelly as young KPP

Neither will Leave so no Issue

Agree with Soups IF I had to Choose it be Moore. Easier to find another De Goey then it would be to find another Moore
I'd be keeping JDG. Match winners are match winners. Would Richmond have won their last 2 flags without Dusty? I don't think so.

But they did so without Rance

I'd be keeping JDG. Match winners are match winners. Would Richmond have won their last 2 flags without Dusty? I don't think so.

My fear with De Goey is that he'll end up like Stringer - a super talented player with a bag of tricks but a questionable professional whom you sometimes wonder whether he has the hunger to ever keep pushing on to become one of the best players out there. De Goey the midfielder has sky high potential, he's a marvellous field kick and so composed on the run when he's in front of the sticks, but De Goey the forward is overrated given his week to week output simply doesn't warrant the hype. He's not one of the best players in the AFL and probably won't ever be unless he plays like 80% midfield.

Darcy Moore is special. He's only played about 20 games down back but he's already one of the best going around, and keeps getting better with every game. Furthermore, he's become the back line which is now one of the best in the league. I think he's the most important player at the club, even more so than Grundy. With faith in his hamstrings that they will remain intact (Dylan Grimes was once in a similar position), Moore has club great potential.

and How do you know that for Sure?

We have a NGA kid Reef McGinnis who could be a Similar type to De Goey as a Inside Mid who can be Goal Kicker up Forward.

Could say IF Moore played in the GF in 2018 we would of won the Flag

Big Call saying he is More Important then Grundy

My fear with De Goey is that he'll end up like Stringer - a super talented player with a bag of tricks but a questionable professional whom you sometimes wonder whether he has the hunger to ever keep pushing on to become one of the best players out there. De Goey the midfielder has sky high potential, he's a marvellous field kick and so composed on the run when he's in front of the sticks, but De Goey the forward is overrated given his week to week output simply doesn't warrant the hype. He's not one of the best players in the AFL and probably won't ever be unless he plays like 80% midfield.

Darcy Moore is special. He's only played about 20 games down back but he's already one of the best going around, and keeps getting better with every game. Furthermore, he's become the back line which is now one of the best in the league. I think he's the most important player at the club, even more so than Grundy. With faith in his hamstrings that they will remain intact (Dylan Grimes was once in a similar position), Moore has club great potential.

You could have said a similar thing early on about Dusty turning into a Stringer. It turns out he turned into the best player in the comp.
I would have De Goey more in the Martin mould rather than Stringer.

You could have said a similar thing early on about Dusty turning into a Stringer. It turns out he turned into the best player in the comp.
I would have De Goey more in the Martin mould rather than Stringer.

I don't think De Goey will win a Brownlow and play on that level that Martin did, but he has a knack for rocking up in the clutch and kicking big goals and providing a real match winning difference. If he can rock up to finals and play to the level Martin has and win a premiership then that's worth more than any Brownlow or AA selection. I agree he does have more of a hunger than Stringer but I'm not sure it's on Martin's level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back