Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit rich of Collingwood supporters having a pop at the Media, given Eddie McGuire's stance on Jack Stevens, I would have thought.

And yes, I am fully aware Eddie does not represent the Collingwood supporter base, I would hope it gives Eddie some time to reflect on how he has badgered Geelong these past 2 weeks on Stevens, and how unhelpful his meddling has affected him (Stevens) on a personal level.

So this Thread has Turned into a Trolling Thread Then I see

giphy.gif

Bit rich of Collingwood supporters having a pop at the Media, given Eddie McGuire's stance on Jack Stevens, I would have thought.

And yes, I am fully aware Eddie does not represent the Collingwood supporter base, I would hope it gives Eddie some time to reflect on how he has badgered Geelong these past 2 weeks on Stevens, and how unhelpful his meddling has affected him (Stevens) on a personal level.
What, he thinks that journalists should be allowed to ask a bloke who went to hospital with a stab wound to the chest and refused to cooperate with police what happened?

What a bastard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him not having a manager would people deduce that indicates anything in regards to favouring staying or contemplating going

You think it means More he wants to Stay then Leave

In all honesty, if The Pies were offered two top ten picks (including one in the top 5) for JDG, I would seriously consider it if I was running Collingwood, mainly for the reason I seriously doubt JDG's body will be able to hold up for an full/entire season again..

Collingwood need to also start looking for replacements for Sidebottom and Pendlebury, as great as they have been, are in the twilight of their career.

Reckon Buckley has done an amazing job as coach, esp in the last 2 years, with a side that (imo) is not a top 4 team in the league, talent wise.

If Collingwood and Buckley want to take the next step towards greatness and immortality by winning a flag, they have to try and make a bold move and try cash in on a fan favourite like DeGoey (If they can get a deal like I mention)

In all honesty, if The Pies were offered two top ten picks (including one in the top 5) for JDG, I would seriously consider it if I was running Collingwood, mainly for the reason I seriously doubt JDG's body will be able to hold up for an full/entire season again..

Collingwood need to also start looking for replacements for Sidebottom and Pendlebury, as great as they have been, are in the twilight of their career.

Reckon Buckley has done an amazing job as coach, esp in the last 2 years, with a side that (imo) is not a top 4 team in the league, talent wise.

If Collingwood and Buckley want to take the next step towards greatness and immortality by winning a flag, they have to try and make a bold move and try cash in on a fan favourite like DeGoey (If they can get a deal like I mention)
I’d rather we kept our stars instead of trading them for lottery tickets thanks.

I’d rather we kept our stars instead of trading them for lottery tickets thanks.

That Probably be the Better Idea but You would think that the Club would Seriously Consider it

Depends if you want to max out your cap on a player whose body seems to only hold up for 15 games a season or so.

and how do you know we be Maxing out our Cap?

We have many Players with that Problem and De Goey is 1 of the Better Ones

and how do you know we be Maxing out our Cap?

We have many Players with that Problem and De Goey is 1 of the Better Ones

Not saying Collingwood should or will do, but that is what I would do if I was running The Pies.

And I maintain Collingwood need to start looking for replacements for Pendlebury and Sidebottom sooner rather than later.

FWIW I think Darcy Moore is more important to the future of the Pies, I would be trying to sign him first before JDG.

Become a vastly improved player in the past 18 months and re-signing him should be the Pies no 1 priority.

Not saying Collingwood should or will do, but that is what I would do if I was running The Pies.

And I maintain Collingwood need to start looking for replacements for Pendlebury and Sidebottom sooner rather than later.

FWIW I think Darcy Moore is more important to the future of the Pies, I would be trying to sign him first before JDG.

Become a vastly improved player in the past 18 months and re-signing him should be the Pies no 1 priority.
We get Reef McInnes this year so there is a start.

I agree Moore is more Important then De Goey espically with our Lack of KPP Depth and Moore IF Fit and Stay Fit be 1 of the best KPP in the League

De Goey IS the Pendlebury/Sidebottom replacement. Jordy is unreal playing out of the middle, much better than he is up forward where he doesn't impact games on a four quarter basis. He's always moving the ball forward, always kicking inside 50 and he's a beautiful field kick as well.

We get Reef McInnes this year so there is a start.
and Daicos the year after

Pendles + Sidebottom both probably have at least 2 years left. Treloar, Adams and Phillips aren't that old. DeGoey will eventually move there if not this season. Sier, Rantall, T.Brown all could become regulars. Then there is also the chance we could lure a big name mid in the future too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back