Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

End of the day the odds are we are both bottom 4 next year. You can hope as hard as you can it won't happen but odds are saying it will. No matter how much unity you have.

Never denied that. It's the third year of a supposed 3-year rebuild. Blues supporters don't hold as many expectations given the raw potential talent in their hands. They expect 2020 will be the year to begin making statements.

North are not following the same protocols, but the truth is they have not long ago just started their own rebuild. Hence why they are considered behind us by most. But both are far from doing damage, end of story.

Really? Weren't Carton into Kelly??

They were. But not as heavily invested compared to the others.

There were talks of him staying, then there was the cost of getting him. Carlton don't want to risk too much too soon.

Would've loved to have him but it wasn't the end of the world if it didn't work out. I think it's a bigger kick in the guts for North than any other club.

Well I suppose North can go after former Melbourne captain Trengrove now. He doesn't have a club and surely he may accept $1m pa for 5 years from the Roos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were. But not as heavily invested compared to the others.

There were talks of him staying, then there was the cost of getting him. Carlton don't want to risk too much too soon.

Would've loved to have him but it wasn't the end of the world if it didn't work out. I think it's a bigger kick in the guts for North than any other club.

I agree with all, but the last IF he stays good on him. two early first rounders is a price I personally was uncomfortable with. We've had plenty of guys that resign with North that have offers from elsewhere.

The kick in the guts would be, should he leave and sign with another club. imo of course

Was offered 3 years and manager wouldnt budge on only 2.
Looks like he wants more finals before taking the millions

Yeah at 24 he will then sign a huge deal over 7 years. It seems players are play on into their 30s these days. Whatever happened to the maximum 3 yr contract???

i don't know. Maybe you should ask the Hawks how they were able to do it

By actually winning consistently and giving players something to aim for beyond just cash.

Not to mention Premiership teams get huge cash which get divided up amongst the coaches and list. So we had 3 years of that in a row, plus a reasonable bit of coin for making the GF in 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back