List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Afl changed the rules after the Frawley fiasco. Brisbane won't get pick 2 for Rockliff, not that I think he will leave anyway. Clubs didn't want to touch him 12 months ago. So I can't see a club paying him enough money to get Brisbane a band 1 pick. Just not going to happen with his tainted history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word is the Lions might be willing to trade there first pick ( if one ) because they believe Rayner may not want to leave Melbourne. Can't see how they get a priority pick when they are considering trading their first.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That makes no sense. Dont pick him. :huh:

The salary cap is increasing, so we either throw a bucket of cash at some A grade talent (Kelly and Martin), or we are forced to put our current A grade talent (???) on a million a year.

Sorry but don't think we have any A graders. That makes me Sad:(

Hoping BBB some of the kids develop to A grade

How would a midfield of Cunnington, Martin, Kelly, Rockliff, Higgins, McDonald, Jacobs, Ahern, Atley, Mountford, Dumont & Simpkin look?
It would look great!

May I suggest it's time to put down that reefer you've been smoking?

Jonathon Brown repeated his comment on The Front Bar tonight that Josh Kelly would be going to Carlton if he decides to leave GWS.
He's the only one coming out and saying this as far as I know. Why have Carlton suddenly entered the equation anyhow and are they a realistic chance??? Thinking about it Steven Silvagni has poached so many players from GWS already that perhaps Josh might actually see the Blues as a destination club as he might have quite a few mates there. Really annoys me the fact that all these other clubs are jumping on the bandwagon that we identified first. Carlton, St Kilda, apparently even Sydney. Everyone wants a piece of Josh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonathon Brown repeated his comment on The Front Bar tonight that Josh Kelly would be going to Carlton if he decides to leave GWS.
He's the only one coming out and saying this as far as I know. Why have Carlton suddenly entered the equation anyhow and are they a realistic chance??? Thinking about it Steven Silvagni has poached so many players from GWS already that perhaps Josh might actually see the Blues as a destination club as he might have quite a few mates there. Really annoys me the fact that all these other clubs are jumping on the bandwagon that we identified first. Carlton, St Kilda, apparently even Sydney. Everyone wants a piece of Josh.
It all depends on who you listen to when it comes to the media . Brown says Carlton , Waldron says StKilda & Nick Bowen says North . Nick doesn't say these types of things without some sort of insight .

It all depends on who you listen to when it comes to the media . Brown says Carlton , Waldron says StKilda & Nick Bowen says North . Nick doesn't say these types of things without some sort of insight .
Actually Nick says he's probably staying at Gws unless that's changed in the past 24 hours :)

No he didn't.

He said he didn't know where he was going.

Then Andy Maher almost burst into tears.

Then he said "Nah, I meant he'll end up at Carlton".

The Afl changed the rules after the Frawley fiasco. Brisbane won't get pick 2 for Rockliff, not that I think he will leave anyway. Clubs didn't want to touch him 12 months ago. So I can't see a club paying him enough money to get Brisbane a band 1 pick. Just not going to happen with his tainted history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got a reference for that? Genuinely interested.

FWIW, I'd be happy to see band 1 be defined as "pick 11", i.e., between the non-finals and finals teams 1st round picks, with normal draft order as a tiebreaker if there are more than one in a season.

It may have been why we picked up Ahern (although he will be awesome in his own right) and tried for Pickett and a few other GWS players last year. We were planning this during Josh's draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back