Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

This is very ironic, because Brisbane literally had no real identity and had to co-opt Fitzroy's brand, lol. But I do think Gold Coast should pick another nickname, and modify their guernseys to have a monogram in the middle instead that awful off brand 1980's looking logo.
Brisbane had a strong brand but no VFL/AFL support and that impacted their supporter base and membership at the time, but even now people love the Bears designs. There's no irony here, everyone knows the Bears bought the Lions brand, but that doesn't change the fact that the current identity is much better than the Suns one.

For away games at Carrara, Brisbane should wear a Bears kit, especially given that Brisbane's original home ground was Carrara Oval. Plus none of the Bears kits clash with Gold Coast.
This is kind of what our yellow kit is, a nod to the old bears kit. Would love to see the cerise brought back at some point, though

1714871212038.png 1714871231578.png

Brisbane had a strong brand
How? The Bears almost folded and strongly considered rebranding before 1996.
but no VFL/AFL support and that impacted their supporter base and membership at the time, but even now people love the Bears designs.
They had to keep changing their uniform designs and Brisbane had considered changing The Bears nickname to "Rockets" and a few other different nicknames before the merger. It wasn't a loved brand either like The Suns. Personally I much prefer The Bears nickname and guernseys over The Suns, but they're in the same sort of soulless corporate realm.
There's no irony here, everyone knows the Bears bought the Lions brand, but that doesn't change the fact that the current identity is much better than the Suns one.
Yeah, because it's Fitzroy's one, which lasted over a century and had historical significance. Brisbane never created their own strong brand, they had to use Fitzroy's. They're sorta in the same boat, except Gold Coast haven't co-opted a Victorian team's brand... yet.

How? The Bears almost folded and strongly considered rebranding before 1996.

They had to keep changing their uniform designs and Brisbane had considered changing The Bears nickname to "Rockets" and a few other different nicknames before the merger. It wasn't a loved brand either like The Suns. Personally I much prefer The Bears nickname and guernseys over The Suns, but they're in the same sort of soulless corporate realm.

Yeah, because it's Fitzroy's one, which lasted over a century and had historical significance. Brisbane never created their own strong brand, they had to use Fitzroy's. They're sorta in the same boat, except Gold Coast haven't co-opted a Victorian team's brand... yet.

Agree to disagree, people still regularly buy Bears gear is all I'll say. I'd rather not get into a history argument about the Bears.

The only issue with this is that we would have to wear it against the Suns at Carrara, so we would probably need a yellow-based kit more than anything
Bright warm colour v bright warm colour isn't really a contrast. Maroon base home uniform or their old Bears maroon guernsey is a better contrast than yellow. For a complete contrast Brisbane would need to go with a cool colour blue guernsey like Fitzroy's 1995 preseason, but I don't think they really need a third guernsey.

Last edited:
Bright warm colour v bright warm colour isn't really a contrast. Maroon base home uniform or their old Bears maroon guernsey is a better contrast than yellow. For a complete contrast Brisbane would need to go with a cool colour blue guernsey like Fitzroy's 1995 preseason, but I don't think they really need a third guernsey.
It seems like it shouldn't work, but it kinda did last year when we wore it
1715162469248.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gives it colour, colourless uniforms look weaker and bare. My favourite clash of theirs was their 2017 clash, had a very premium look to it. Even going back to that I think would be a massive improvement.

View attachment 1987891
Yeah that's my favourite too. For some reason even the bright green sponsors suited it

View attachment 1945849
Bit of a quick mock up using an old template, but I would love for Essendon to use this for Gather Round. Taking inspiration from Freo.

I did a similar one a little while back but the “sash” was 20 red pinstripes (for 20 premierships)

Looks good in all black I reckon

My updated ideal 2025 Home Jumpers for every AFL clubs

Changes:
Adel - Only two red/yellow hoops, changed collar and cuffs to navy
Bris - Changed collar and cuffs to blue
Carl - If you know you know...
Coll - Switched to majority white base kit like they used to have.
Freo - Returned the anchor, have old freo green under the anchor
GWS - Enlarged the G to keep the majority of the jumper to be orange
GC - Saw a similar design on Gold Coast Rebrand forum
Haw - Got rid of brown shoulders
Port - Changed to original away jumper
StK - Changed to Crusader jumper
WB - Changed cuffs back to blue

No changes:
Ess, Geelong, Melb, North, Richmond, Sydney, West Coast

Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 4.38.37 pm.png

My updated ideal 2025 Home Jumpers for every AFL clubs

Changes:
Adel - Only two red/yellow hoops, changed collar and cuffs to navy
Bris - Changed collar and cuffs to blue
Carl - If you know you know...
Coll - Switched to majority white base kit like they used to have.
Freo - Returned the anchor, have old freo green under the anchor
GWS - Enlarged the G to keep the majority of the jumper to be orange
GC - Saw a similar design on Gold Coast Rebrand forum
Haw - Got rid of brown shoulders
Port - Changed to original away jumper
StK - Changed to Crusader jumper
WB - Changed cuffs back to blue

No changes:
Ess, Geelong, Melb, North, Richmond, Sydney, West Coast

View attachment 1988906
I agree with almost all of that, except for St Kilda's uniform, I think their current home guernsey is the best, and Fremantle should wear an all haze anchor uniform. But you're totally on the money, even The Crows uniform looks better with more navy. I think GWS should wear that design but change the orange to that blue they used for their training kit. Gold Coast should just wear all red with a gold monogram instead of that terrible logo.

My updated ideal 2025 CLASH Jumpers for every AFL clubs

Changes:
Adel - Red shorts
Bris - Blue shorts for Fitzroy
Carl - Full on M&M kit (please...)
Coll - Black based jumper
Ess - Stuff the constitution and fill the sash in black + black shorts
Freo - Bring Back the anchor
Geelong - Navy base
GWS - Never Surrender (As home is now predominantly orange)
GC - My ideal home kit but inverse to yellow
Haw - Majority brown hawk face
Melb - Royal blue shorts
North - Royal blue shorts, full blue back
Power - OG Away Jumper but Teal as main body
Rich - Black shorts
Syd - Only one that is unchanged
StK - Candy Stripe predominantly white
Bulldogs - Back to 2021 clash with white cuffs
West Coast - Blue shorts

Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 4.42.20 pm.png

My updated ideal 2025 CLASH Jumpers for every AFL clubs

Changes:
Adel - Red shorts
Bris - Blue shorts for Fitzroy
Carl - Full on M&M kit (please...)
Coll - Black based jumper
Ess - Stuff the constitution and fill the sash in black + black shorts
Freo - Bring Back the anchor
Geelong - Navy base
GWS - Never Surrender (As home is now predominantly orange)
GC - My ideal home kit but inverse to yellow
Haw - Majority brown hawk face
Melb - Royal blue shorts
North - Royal blue shorts, full blue back
Power - OG Away Jumper but Teal as main body
Rich - Black shorts
Syd - Only one that is unchanged
StK - Candy Stripe predominantly white
Bulldogs - Back to 2021 clash with white cuffs
West Coast - Blue shorts

View attachment 1988914
briz.JPG 62acf7156db15fb8de854cfc96538b26.jpg concept2.JPG gettyimages-80888838-612x612.jpg kang.JPG clash2.JPG oldguer.JPG 40b186120e4b6511ff6b737fd3988b5e.jpg
My ideal clash list. Although, Western Bulldogs should wear their red uniform with red collars, and maybe switch the white stripe to the top, blue down the bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back