blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
I luv Allan Christiansen,

a 5'10" 165 pounder has no right to play with his toughness

As full time rover, with 25 possessions per, he would have to be an AA chance in 3 years

If Jaimee Rogers of Sportsbet is giving even money on AC coming down with early onset dementia before he is 40 or parkinsons, I will take those odds with the equivlent reckless abandon he plays with

/Respect AC

I luv Allan Christiansen,

a 5'10" 165 pounder has no right to play with his toughness

As full time rover, with 25 possessions per, he would have to be an AA chance in 3 years

If Jaimee Rogers of Sportsbet is giving even money on AC coming down with early onset dementia before he is 40 or parkinsons, I will take those odds with the equivlent reckless abandon he plays with

/Respect AC

For a bloke you love, you struggle spelling his name. Allen Christensen is a better player than Alln Christiansen.

Hard to quantify really, but imo anywhere from an A grade midfielder to elite. Seems to have no real deficiencies in his game.
  • Skillful in open space and traffic
  • Good mark (contested as well) for his size
  • Deceptively quick, good burst speed
  • Calm under pressure, can work/weave through heavy traffic and reads the play well.
  • Can fill an inside our outside mid role.
  • Synonymous with courage, throws himself in at every contest, never really seen him shirk one.
  • Excellent shot for goal
Possibly the only real 'weakness' in his game could be endurance, but that's easily remedied once the kid gets a few more pre-seasons under his belt. Looked like a gun from day friggin one!

Hard to quantify really, but imo anywhere from an A grade midfielder to elite. Seems to have no real deficiencies in his game.
  • Calm under pressure, can work/weave through heavy traffic and reads the play well.
  • Synonymous with courage, throws himself in at every contest, never really seen him shirk one.
Possibly the only real 'weakness' in his game could be endurance, but that's easily remedied once the kid gets a few more pre-seasons under his belt. Looked like a gun from day friggin one!

http://membership.geelongcats.com.au/

Could be anything.
I've said it before and will say it again, those kids we got in that draft (09 correct?) could be the best group from 1 draft we have ever had.
Bundy could be a star as soon as next year, I argue Duncan is on the door step of being one and Menzel and Vardy would be now but for injury.
As Mackie said post 09 GF, "exciting times ahead".

I think this year he maintained his level from the end of 2011 rather than going up a notch like Duncan did. Hopefully he can keep himself fit (which will be tough for a player his size that plays the way he does) as he does a lot of good inside work, but is really dangerous around goal as well.

Could be anything.
I've said it before and will say it again, those kids we got in that draft (09 correct?) could be the best group from 1 draft we have ever had.
Bundy could be a star as soon as next year, I argue Duncan is on the door step of being one and Menzel and Vardy would be now but for injury.

That's all well and good, but they're up against four hall of fame candidates from both the 1999 (Corey, Chapman, Ling, Enright) and 2001 (Bartel, Kelly, Johnson, Ablett) drafts. Considering we also got Rooke in the 2001 rookie draft, it's hard to see that group ever being topped.

For a bloke you love, you struggle spelling his name. Allen Christensen is a better player than Alln Christiansen.

index.php

We used to have a bloke whose only deficiency was his endurance, kicked on a bit after he rectified that. Maybe alln can do the same, might even lose a few feathers like said player if his uncles are any indication ;)

That's all well and good, but they're up against four hall of fame candidates from both the 1999 (Corey, Chapman, Ling, Enright) and 2001 (Bartel, Kelly, Johnson, Ablett) drafts. Considering we also got Rooke in the 2001 rookie draft, it's hard to see that group ever being topped.

2009 Rookie draft also netted us a handy tall forward..

Was Big Footy alive in 2001? Would love to see what people thought when we drafted those guys, interesting reading I reckon...:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be anything at this stage.

If we can get both Christensen and Duncan taking more midfield responsibilities next year we will go a long way to a successful regeneration. Our 09' draft is nothing short of super - Menzel, Vardy, Duncan and Christensen are all gems!

Could be anything at this stage.

If we can get both Christensen and Duncan taking more midfield responsibilities next year we will go a long way to a successful regeneration. Our 09' draft is nothing short of super - Menzel, Vardy, Duncan and Christensen are all gems!

While I agree that Wells did well there, I think development and culture have a hell of a lot to do with it as well. Take Melbourne for example - every recruiter was jealous of all of their picks the last few years but how many of them have come on? Everyone had Jack Watts at number 1, yet he hasn't come on at all. Same with Bryce Gibbs at Carlton. Coaching and culture help a great deal.

While I agree that Wells did well there, I think development and culture have a hell of a lot to do with it as well. Take Melbourne for example - every recruiter was jealous of all of their picks the last few years but how many of them have come on? Everyone had Jack Watts at number 1, yet he hasn't come on at all. Same with Bryce Gibbs at Carlton. Coaching and culture help a great deal.

Agree with it being both Recruitmnet and Culture.

However, i think the big factor is being a top 8 side. Throwing developing players into high pressured environments will make them develop quicker. Even if we had a good culture and great picks, had we been a bottom of the ladder team, guys like Christensen and Duncan may have taken much longer to develop.

Could be anything.
As Mackie said post 09 GF, "exciting times ahead".
Nice thoughts, but nothing will beat THE superdraft when we got Kelly, Bartel, Dog, GAJ, AND cg.
11 FLAGS, hard to beat. Sheer quality.
These 4 of Menzel, Vardy, Bundy and Duncan are our hope for the future no doubt.
Am I correct in thinking that Corey, Ling, Enright, Chappy, Hunt all came from 1 draft?

when he plays his best he reminds me of Greg Williams. Once he gets a stronger body and more endurance I think he will become one of our premier midfielders in the future.
One particular quandry is going to be what size is 'appropriate' for Christensen. Whilst he's not mega-speedy, he is quick - which he will lose if he tanks up. He *looks* an awful lot like Williams but I'm not so sure if he plays like him, he's too mobile and his usage of handball doesn't stand out like Diesel's. The way that Bundy plays reminds me more of Bairstow.

isn't Bundy's best quality his endurance/gut running ability?

He just get's slaughtered by bigger and more matured bodies which makes him look buggered but he never stops running like Duncan, Corey, Kelly.
Without question he is one of our most courageous players as he will hardly ever think twice before putting the head on the chopping board to be whacked.

Another pre season should bring him upto around 77-78kg's, due to his running capacity...you wouldn't think he'd keep much weight on his body though

when he plays his best he reminds me of Greg Williams. Once he gets a stronger body and more endurance I think he will become one of our premier midfielders in the future.

I was reading through this CF and you got it 100% for mine.
Smaller, bit speedy but tough as 80 year old leather, great skills and vision and facilitates ball use for others magnificently.

Bit of a chip on the shoulder with something to prove after the knocks on him about weight pre draft...

Will be a 200 gamer for us I have no doubt..

GO Catters

Will be anything between an A grade and elite mid if his body stays right. Has Daniel Kerr written all over him and think back to West Coasts premiership years and you will agree that's a very good thing.

200 gamer for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back