Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been in bust the last 5 years, does that clear it up? If you come close to winning for year on end, like Geelong, but ultimately win nothing you also have no draft picks to build up a great team. You'll forever be middling or approaching good if you manage top pick a few gems.

Arguing semantics is boring.
Would you rather have freos period of the last 6 years of not making finals or the cats last 6 years of finals from 2016-2021?

I would love to have to make elim finals for 2 or 3 years in a row and get 1 or 2 finals wins

We never had best forward line together.

At the same time even our best forward group isn't great either.

Colyer played 22 games and Schultz 20 games, the rest had 5 or more games missing from the line up.
That's true. Also the person you quoted said we need 4-5 more forward's to see freo become elite. Good luck with that

Our forward isn’t as broke as people think.

Maybe one class player from being good.
I agree and think it is too simplistic to see it as being about players.

The main focus from Longmuir has been on defence and midfield, and if we get that right our forward line can improve dramatically.

It's literally the exact scenario we're currently in - is anyone happy? Are we only happy because we're trending up (slowly) and showing promise?

I want to win a ******* flag at all costs.
No doubt you are frustrated with freos rebuild from 2016-2021.

6 years of not making finals has tested some people's patience on here. I knew once freo went 0-10 in 2016, freo were going go go through a minimum if 5 seasons of no finals. It pains me to say that.

Still remember those 2017 and 2018 seasons when there were games dockers fans were frustrated with the heavy defeats late in the season. I wasn't.

I was happy getting 8 wins and playing the youth. Only problem important cogs like neale, hill, cerra and Langdon were traded.

Dont get me wrong, I would love freo to get at least one premiership in my lifetime. But its unlikely with our current situation.

I see freo making finals this season or 2023 though

Who are you confident we will beat?

I think we have Adelaide and WCE covered. That would be a 2-1 start.
Just my completely useless take, I have Freo finishing 8th and Carlton 5th with the ladder predictor. Elimination final against Carlton would be interesting.

Ah that time again when Freomaniac joins us so we all have to recollect the conversations we were having 3 months/6 months/one year/two years/10 years ago :)
I get off lightly here.

I do that on the eagles board, i get in fractions, account suspension bans and point's deduced by miserable and corrupted and power hungry west coast eagles mods.

And i didn't say a bad word about west coast eagles LoL

Who are you confident we will beat?

I think we have Adelaide and WCE covered. That would be a 2-1 start.
Take away essendon. The other 5 games are 50-50.

Crows in Adelaide will be tough.

Saints in Perth is 50-50.

Eagles in the derby is 50-50.

GWS in Perth is 65-35.

Essendon in docklands i see we got a 20-25% chance.

Carlton, despite them fluking narrow wins in 2019 and 2020, we could beat them.

My confidence isn't too high at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS in Perth is 65-35.

Not the reality check we asked for, the reality check we deserved.

Your opinion has highlighted why tipping in the early rounds is so tough. It is very difficult to know where teams are relative to each other.

Logically, if you think we could beat carlton, who are expected to be better than almost the remainder of that list (purely by what I am seeing in the media), we should be better than 50/50 for most of those. I don't feel that confident personally. If we cannot come out of that block of games, with that many played at Optus, with more wins than losses, we are in for a rough season.

I agree and think it is too simplistic to see it as being about players.

The main focus from Longmuir has been on defence and midfield, and if we get that right our forward line can improve dramatically.
Bulldogs in 2016, Tigers in 2017, proves that you can get the job done. Tigers were 13th in 2016. It can change that quick.
Gunston at the Hawks was 21 in 2013, just starting his career.
With Tabs and Lobb it’s a start, can see Treacy, and a medium tall getting the job done.
Yes small forward that is elite, maybe Walters could turn the clock back?

Bulldogs in 2016, Tigers in 2017, proves that you can get the job done. Tigers were 13th in 2016. It can change that quick.
Gunston at the Hawks was 21 in 2013, just starting his career.
With Tabs and Lobb it’s a start, can see Treacy, and a medium tall getting the job done.
Yes small forward that is elite, maybe Walters could turn the clock back?

Bulldogs made finals in 2015, even then, they made prelim finals in 2008-2010.

Tigers made finals in 2013-5. they should of won an elim final or 2 in that period too.

Bulldogs made finals in 2015, even then, they made prelim finals in 2008-2010.

Tigers made finals in 2013-5. they should of won an elim final or 2 in that period too.
Yeah, the bounce didn't come out of nowhere, same as Melbourne.

Get into the finals off a soft-ish draw with a young developing side.
Draw then gets harder and you drop.
Then bounce again

Yeah, the bounce didn't come out of nowhere, same as Melbourne.

Get into the finals off a soft-ish draw with a young developing side.
Draw then gets harder and you drop.
Then bounce again

Saying that.... Look at Freos 2013 Grand final side. Lack of finals aside compared to the likes of Geelong, Hawks, Swans and even the eagles in that era....

not too many guys were left from 2003. Pav Mundy, McPharlin, Johnson, Sandilands were left from that 2006 prelim. A lot of guys were from 2010 and 2012 finals sides.

I dont think we are not far away from playing finals again. Still a while before we make a grand final again though.

Perils of gambling aside..I’m amazed the world thinks we can’t win all of outrOptus games..Bullies mid season biggest danger

GWS in Perth is 65-35.

Jeepers guy, "isn't too high..." is an understatement!
WE can do it!!!

boy GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back