Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the crows recently? Maybe we can start our season off with a camp like they did after their GF appearance. Ugh. We need a fresh start. Not someone with a ton of baggage.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m well aware of what’s gone on there.

I also know he’s highly regarded by wc.
And that he got his team into a gf in just his second year playing some unbelievable attacking football.
Sure he’s made mistakes EVERY coach going has but I’ll think you ll find Adelaide’s list is at freo circa end of 2015 and the players know it.

Also Adelaide have long had player (retention)issues before pyke came on the scene

Either way feel free to disagree it’s just atm I don’t have any sort of confidence in the current freo board to choose a competent coach from the untried assistant ranks.

At least with pyke I’d know we’re getting a semi decent coach who with the right support could flourish

I have a bad feeling it’s going to be a:

Coach: Suma
Coaching director: Worsfold

Far to much slime for my liking 🤢

Yeah forget the "slime" why would Freo want a premiership coach like Woosha? Good God no wonder you are where you are!

I have my fingers crossed that you get Brad Scott at least that way Freo will remain as the gift that just keeps on giving to us slime! Anway, enough here I am off to ponder our waltz through the finals and look at booking my flight to Melbourne!! ;)

Yeah forget the "slime" why would Freo want a premiership coach like Woosha? Good God no wonder you are where you are!

I have my fingers crossed that you get Brad Scott at least that way Freo will remain as the gift that just keeps on giving to us slime! Anway, enough here I am off to ponder our waltz through the finals and look at booking my flight to Melbourne!! ;)

Piss off you lot sacked Worsfold and didn't want Sumich back. We don't want you shitty castoffs.

It all makes sense now

Senior coach - Aaron Sandilands
Assistant coach - Hayden ballentyne

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep ... I think that works - then all you need to help Sandi and Ballas out is Daffy Duck as the Head of your Football Dept :tearsofjoy:

Jokes aside - I do hope you guys score a very competent coaching team that can take your club back to another GF.

I just posted this 2013 The Age article on the thread re Ross Lyon sacked but will do so here too.... hopefully we get a coach just as passionate and dedicated for the club as what Ross began his tenure and committing to.

I just posted this 2013 The Age article on the thread re Ross Lyon sacked but will do so here too.... hopefully we get a coach just as passionate and dedicated for the club as what Ross began his tenure and committing to.

That's awesome , I was there in 2013.

When Ross Lyon made his infamous decision to decamp to Freo, usurping the well-liked Mark Harvey in the process, many of the Melbourne football media were incredulous. Not so much that he'd left the Saints, but that he'd done it for Freo. Freo? Of all things!
But Ross Lyon has, to use his own term, "bought in", as he demonstrated at his post-match interview in Geelong three weeks ago.
"It was a fledgling club that was really the baby no one wanted. They were given little to set up and little resource. And through the backbone of Fremantle people and industry a club was built... they've done it the hard way."

Tomorrow is for all the players over the years who have pulled on the purple and white (and red and green), for the coaches who have gone before (especially Harves, gone but not forgotten) and for the current band of players, who have worked so hard to get here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys. Sorry to intrude. Bit of info on Caracella: he's got some personal issues and needs to be relatively close to Geelong (part of the reason he's swapping Punt Rd for Tullamarine, along with money).

I'd be very surprised if he even put his hand up.
Don't think anyone seriously thinks Caracalla will come to freo

Outside of JLo that’s some ugly reading.
Brett Ratten has to be given a call & asked to prepare for an interview. It may be doing him a favour & forcing the Saints to employ him as head coach, but he is by far the best credentialed assistant available.
Ridiculous that Carlton let him go & only happened because MM was seen as the messiah.
JLo definitely & seems keen.

Hey guys. Sorry to intrude. Bit of info on Caracella: he's got some personal issues and needs to be relatively close to Geelong (part of the reason he's swapping Punt Rd for Tullamarine, along with money).

I'd be very surprised if he even put his hand up.
Cheers, was always pipe-dream, hope he's ok

Thanks for the cool article, my wife was the same era at Notre Dame and has fond memories of the players turning up outside lectures and handing out free tickets to the games.

Imo whoever gets the gig is going to look like an absolute genius coach next year;
Despite what the ladder position says you were on an upward trajectory (especially considering the injuries you have) and when you get Ryan, Pierce, Lobbe, Tabs and possibly Hogan back and also another pre-season into some of your youngsters you guys should be making the 8.

I’m well aware of what’s gone on there.

I also know he’s highly regarded by wc.
And that he got his team into a gf in just his second year playing some unbelievable attacking football.
Sure he’s made mistakes EVERY coach going has but I’ll think you ll find Adelaide’s list is at freo circa end of 2015 and the players know it.

Also Adelaide have long had player (retention)issues before pyke came on the scene

Either way feel free to disagree it’s just atm I don’t have any sort of confidence in the current freo board to choose a competent coach from the untried assistant ranks.

At least with pyke I’d know we’re getting a semi decent coach who with the right support could flourish

There are going to be a ton a names thrown around the next few weeks, Pyke wouldn't be the worst, but we can do better. Belly hasn't done anything yet where I've thought, "Well, that was stupid." Can you point to a decision you didn't like?

Until Belly makes some questionable decisions, I will trust in him to guide the Freo ship for now. The board extended his contract so they obviously trust him and he'll be on the committee who choses the next coach. I have no clue how much actual influence on the decision he'll have, but regardless he'll be a voice at the table as it happens. Why extend his contract if you're not going to listen to him?

I'm excited for the future. Sacking these two won't cure everything, but it's a step in the right direction (still have concerns about strength and conditioning, high performance, etc...but that's another post). I loved the confidence and clarity Alcock had in his press conference. To me, it appears the board has a clear idea of where they want to go and are strong enough to make the tough decisions. Will it be the right decision? Time will tell. But, at least instead of another off season discussing ad nauseum the successes and failures of RTB (which inevitably devolves into some name calling and mild personal attacks), the fans can hopefully get around a new coach and direction for FFC over the next few months.

I am really looking forward to this offseason!

Anyone got an idea of when the new coach will be announced/appointed?
Will be a couple of weeks at least. They need to interview, then interview again.

Couple of weeks gives the new coach time so schmooze whoever we are trying to bring in, and re-sign guys like Tucker. Wouldnt want it dragging out much longer than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back