Justin Reeves resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Just as long as it's Will. I'd love to see his abstract approach at this level 🤣
Otherwise what do we know of acting CEO, Ash Klein?

Judging by his LinkedIn profile which is readily available - he seems more than capable for the full time job he presently holds but the CEO gig would be a fairly big step up full time.

Fun fact - there’s also a pissant ref in the NRL with the same name.

Nothing to do with ticking diversity boxes, it'd be awesome to find a fitting First Nations candidate or someone who has experience working in Indigenous affairs.

Yep, fair point- off topic. Getting back to the Reevester, and what this means. This review, story telling, welfare check or whatever, is in for an absolute pasting. HFC needs to cop it and try and do the right thing from here.
You do understand that the only way we "cop it" is if the player accusations are true.

You do understand that the only way we "cop it" is if the player accusations are true.
Hawthorn will be taken to task over their management (or lack thereof) and handling of their report. It won’t be anything like draft sanctions like some numpties in the media are saying, but the club will be sanctioned.

Hawthorn will be taken to task over their management (or lack thereof) and handling of their report. It won’t be anything like draft sanctions like some numpties in the media are saying, but the club will be sanctioned.
What do you mean by management and handling of the report?

What do you mean by management and handling of the report?
One of the items for the AFL investigation was looking into Hawthorns report.

“5. Whether the ‘Cultural Safety Review’ commissioned by HFC and undertaken by Mr Philip Egan of Binmada Pty Ltd (Binmada Report) was an appropriate mechanism and/or adopted appropriate procedures for the matters Mr Egan was engaged to review and/or ultimately investigated”

Without derailing the thread with stuff hashed out elsewhere I expect the verdict on this particular aspect less than glowing, particular in light of the way things have turned out. Mind you, it seems the four member panel the AFL have assembled has spent the best part of the last 8 months trying to locate their own arseholes, so maybe they won’t have a conclusion before this thing gets wrapped up.

Anyway, the architect of the review is gonski, so make of that what you will.

One of the items for the AFL investigation was looking into Hawthorns report.

“5. Whether the ‘Cultural Safety Review’ commissioned by HFC and undertaken by Mr Philip Egan of Binmada Pty Ltd (Binmada Report) was an appropriate mechanism and/or adopted appropriate procedures for the matters Mr Egan was engaged to review and/or ultimately investigated”

Without derailing the thread with stuff hashed out elsewhere I expect the verdict on this particular aspect less than glowing, particular in light of the way things have turned out. Mind you, it seems the four member panel the AFL have assembled has spent the best part of the last 8 months trying to locate their own arseholes, so maybe they won’t have a conclusion before this thing gets wrapped up.

Anyway, the architect of the review is gonski, so make of that what you will.

I think the AFL wants to learn on how to improve it. It seems to me that you want the club punished for trying to do the right thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the AFL wants to learn on how to improve it. It seems to me that you want the club punished for trying to do the right thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You do realise, for starters, that Phil Egan is a family member of a disgruntled former employee? Leon Egan left in bitter circumstances at the end of 2015, right in the middle of the review period in question. As such, Phil Egan should have been nowhere NEAR this report. Its a qualitative survey, the potential for bias is massive. The fact he has since been arrested for fraud is something they perhaps couldn’t have known.

And, in his one sided survey he was recommending compensation. Excuse me?

And then we have people who had no opportunity to respond named, and the whole thing leaked to the media, separate to the seemingly concurrent ABC investigation (who heard about it from…probably Egan, the guy who should never have been there), and you have a giant cluster *.

Its actually hard to see how the Hawks could have stuffed this up any more. Thankfully Reeves is gone, hoping Gowers can be more up front about all of this. He’s said a reconciliation with Clarko is a priority. I’ll hold him to his word.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise, for starters, that Phil Egan is a family member of a disgruntled former employee? Leon Egan left in bitter circumstances at the end of 2015, right in the middle of the review period in question. As such, Phil Egan should have been nowhere NEAR this report. Its a qualitative survey, the potential for bias is massive. The fact he has since been arrested for fraud is something they perhaps couldn’t have known.

And then we have people who had no opportunity to respond named, and the whole thing leaked to the media, separate to the seemingly concurrent ABC investigation (who heard about it from…probably Egan, the guy who should never have been there), and you have a giant cluster *.

Its actually hard to see how the Hawks could have stuffed this up any more. Thankfully Reeves is gone, hoping Gowers can be more up front about all of this. He’s said a reconciliation with Clarko is a priority. I’ll hold him to his word.
I am fully aware of all of that you have put forward. However, you still want the club punished for what exactly?
  1. Hawthorn can't be punished for using Phil Egan.
  2. You can't use him being arrested for fraud on another matter as a reason to punish Hawthorn.
  3. You can't punish Hawthorn for uncovering allegations.
  4. You can't punish Hawthorn for handing it over the AFL as required by their protocols.
  5. You can't punish Hawthorn for the players going to the media.
  6. You can't punish Hawthorn for the AFL's handling of the investigation
You could act on the following:
  1. You could punish Hawthorn if it was established that Hawthorn leaked to the media (unlikely)
  2. You can punish Hawthorn for having an unsafe working environment.
You're extremely transparent that first and foremost for you is that you want reconciliation with Clarkson. For all of your arguments of "wanting the truth" you at no point feel any remorse for the players. We can see right through you....

We can see right through you...
Farking lol. I’m not sure you can see much of anything mate.

But I have a question. One no one has an answer for. Why on earth was Egan chosen? What were they thinking?

Farking lol. I’m not sure you can see much of anything mate.

But I have a question. One no one has an answer for. Why on earth was Egan chosen? What were they thinking?
Nice red herring. Why are you so focused on Egan and not on the players? What are YOU thinking?

I’m wondering why the family member of someone who left the club in bitter circumstances was given pretty much free rein here.

Pretty much goes against ALL standard practice for a qualitative review. Did Hawthorn not know this or they knew it and went ahead anyway?

Last edited:
I’m wondering why the family member of someone who left the club in bitter circumstances was given pretty much free rein here.

Pretty much goes against standard practice for a qualitative review. Did Hawthorn not know this or they knew it and went ahead anyway?
You keep harping on Phil Egan as though it matters. Go read the Herald Sun article from "Zac" and "Kylie" through their lawyer, they aren't worried about Phil Egan.

You keep harping on Phil Egan as though it matters. Go read the Herald Sun article from "Zac" and "Kylie" through their lawyer, they aren't worried about Phil Egan.
Of course they’re not😂

So why are you? It's all smoke and mirrors. "Look over here", "No look over here". Suggest you go back to the Main Board and hang out with with your like minded North Melbourne mates.
So why am I what? You’ve lost me here.

The other elephant in the room is Egans recommendation of MONEY to aggrieved participants.

Now, if it were to transpire that the families were aware of said recommendation, then the whole thing is essentially useless.

So why am I what? You’ve lost me here.
You need to follow the conversation. I said the following:
You followed with this
Of course they’re not😂
I did assume that you were referring to the Phil Egan comment unless this was some random rant with nothing to do with the conversation. Hence I asked you....
So why are you? It's all smoke and mirrors. "Look over here", "No look over here". Suggest you go back to the Main Board and hang out with with your like minded North Melbourne mates.
And then you act all lost. So I'll spell it out for you. Given that "Zac" and "Kylie" are prepared to provide their accounts through their lawyer to the Herald Sun and aren't worried about Phil Egan. Why are you still harping on about Phil Egan?

The other elephant in the room is Egans recommendation of MONEY to aggrieved participants.

Now, if it were to transpire that the players were aware of said recommendation, then the whole thing is essentially useless.
So are we shifting the goal posts now to the players? You are extremely transparent in what you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back