Current Keli Lane

Did Keli Lane get a fair trial?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Trial judge allowed tendency evidence in and she was convicted on false swearing charges in relation to other pregnancies. Interesting if anybody wants to have a look, there's quite a bit of detail in this link.

Supreme Court - Court of Criminal Appeal
Lane v R [2013] NSWCCA 317 (13 December 2013)

http://www6.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/nsw/NSWCCA/2013/317.html

Ok this is driving me crazy but....

Why hasn't the OWNERS of the units been contacted? Or the real estate agents of that time period.

Maybe Andrew Norris/Morris was just the name he gave to Keli?

Why hasn't the OWNERS of the units been contacted? Or the real estate agents of that time period.

Another odd thing about all this, the tenants records prior to 1996 are gone. Same with the phone records. Every time I hear anything about searching records that might prove a truth in Keli's story, there are none prior to 96.

Another odd thing about all this, the tenants records prior to 1996 are gone. Same with the phone records. Every time I hear anything about searching records that might prove a truth in Keli's story, there are none prior to 96.
Yes. Odd isn't it? But there were phone records. She claims she had contact with him up till Jan or Feb 1997. Apparently there are records around of that time.

I read somewhere (I’m fairly sure) that the entire block was owned by one company.

Re the name, they also mentioned that neighbours recalled seeing mail addressed to that name? Though that seemed to be glossed over very quickly.

The Kiwi recalled seeing the blonde girl, yet they didn’t ask him about the bloke or show him the drawing. That was ridiculous.

They should be dug up then. Maybe there will be something more next week.

All phone records have now been destroyed. I would presume there’s some kind of legal requirement to keep them for a period of time. At the time of the original investigation, they could have reviewed records from 1996, but didn’t because they were focussed on 1995 (a police cockup). The 1996 records are now gone, I presume along with many years afterwards.

On the cab driver. 19/04/11.

Sydney child murderer Keli Lane has rejected claims by a cab driver that she dumped two-day old baby Tegan alive at a secluded location on the way home from hospital.

As Lane's legal team lodged her appeal notice yesterday, police were speaking with the taxi driver who made the stunning revelation that Lane and her baby had been in his vehicle on that fateful night in September 1996.

A story in Sydney's Daily Telegraph this morning throws serious doubt on the cab driver's credibility.

The paper says it has emerged that cabbie Maurice Schokman was banned from driving in September, 1996, and there was no evidence he was driving a taxi that day.

Sources also told the Telegraph Mr Schokman admits suffering from a mental condition.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10720300

On the cab driver. 19/04/11.

Sydney child murderer Keli Lane has rejected claims by a cab driver that she dumped two-day old baby Tegan alive at a secluded location on the way home from hospital.

As Lane's legal team lodged her appeal notice yesterday, police were speaking with the taxi driver who made the stunning revelation that Lane and her baby had been in his vehicle on that fateful night in September 1996.

A story in Sydney's Daily Telegraph this morning throws serious doubt on the cab driver's credibility.

The paper says it has emerged that cabbie Maurice Schokman was banned from driving in September, 1996, and there was no evidence he was driving a taxi that day.

Sources also told the Telegraph Mr Schokman admits suffering from a mental condition.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10720300
If he wasn't the taxi driver that took her from the hospital who was? Has anyone else came forward? You would think that even three years after Tegan was born, it would have been unusual for a taxi driver picking up a mother on her own with her new born from the hospital for it not to be remembered.

A mental condition? What, like anxiety or depression? If it was him and after dropping Keli off he went back and checked and the baby was still there but he didn't go and get her, I think I'd be struggling with mental health for the rest of my life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wasn't the taxi driver that took her from the hospital who was? Has anyone else came forward? You would think that even three years after Tegan was born, it would have been unusual for a taxi driver picking up a mother on her own with her new born from the hospital for it not to be remembered.

This cab driver might be a write off as a witness.

The prosecution made it clear they didnt know how the baby died or where but suggested Keli walked the couple of kilometres from the hospital to Homebush Olympics and disposed of the baby there.

Presumably she then caught a taxi or public transport alone, back to wherever it was she got ready to attend a wedding later in the day. And nobody noticed a thing wrong or out of place, no torn and scratched hands or a flatter belly .. nothing.

A mental condition? What, like anxiety or depression? If it was him and after dropping Keli off he went back and checked and the baby was still there but he didn't go and get her, I think I'd be struggling with mental health for the rest of my life.

I think his story was he gave the baby to a woman at the scene who then disappeared.

Like the first person he saw just happened to be a bystanding, determined child abductor who disappeared into thin air.

His story sounds like a bit of a hallucination or something tbh.

Hasn’t it been established he wasn’t even working as a taxi driver at the time?

Back in 2011, it's a bit infuriating. An Andrew Morris was found already, I don't understand what the investigation is all about any more

A man named Andrew Morris has said he had unprotected sex with Keli Lane in June 1994 but that he did not take her baby, Tegan, born two years later, as she has claimed. Mr Morris told Channel Seven last night that he was meant to give evidence at Lane's murder trial but was then told he was not needed. Lane has maintained she gave Tegan to the father, whom she said was an Andrew Norris or Morris, and his partner Mel. Mr Morris said he never had a partner called Mel. Lane is due to be sentenced for murder on Friday.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/im-not-tegans-dad-says-andrew-morris-20110410-1d9fr.html

Back in 2011, it's a bit infuriating. An Andrew Morris was found already, I don't understand what the investigation is all about any more

A man named Andrew Morris has said he had unprotected sex with Keli Lane in June 1994 but that he did not take her baby, Tegan, born two years later, as she has claimed. Mr Morris told Channel Seven last night that he was meant to give evidence at Lane's murder trial but was then told he was not needed. Lane has maintained she gave Tegan to the father, whom she said was an Andrew Norris or Morris, and his partner Mel. Mr Morris said he never had a partner called Mel. Lane is due to be sentenced for murder on Friday.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/im-not-tegans-dad-says-andrew-morris-20110410-1d9fr.html
Elephant gestation?

If anything it makes her story look more flimsy - as you can see where she pulled the fake name from.

It was two years prior to the incident, he didn’t pick up Tegan, he never had a partner named Mel.

Be interested to know if he lived in the apartment complex. My strong suspicion is he didn’t.

In any case, Channel 7 found him. This new TV show will probably do the same, and he’ll probably give the same details.

It’s a pre-made 3-episode drama where they’re drip feeding us. They’ll probably show this guy this week as some sort of huge discovery they’ve made as a result of the show.

Yeah, CMH has gone off the edge on this one. She’s done some ok stuff in the last so hopefully it’s not a career defined.

Hard job but she is going the wrong way between Click Bait and investigative journalism. She is picking up bits and pieces but rather than going in depth keeps getting side tracked. Maybe they can't play it all but hasn't really asked Kelli anything in depth. Just keeps dabbling the edges. Needs to ask why she was contacted in the first place and what happened in the 3 hours. Step by step. Seems to me watching the tracking of the apartment block no one has actually ever investigated properly. Police certainly didn't. Suspected Lane gave a cursory glance and didn't bother. Abernathy sounded evasive imo. He "thought" homicide did it.

There are very few people in this whole thing you'd accept as being 100% honest. Everyone seems to be hiding something. Police just seemed to threaten and try wring a confession out using the deputy coroner and have gone into arse covering mode since. (an immunity certificate provided you did nothing wrong please)

I read somewhere (I’m fairly sure) that the entire block was owned by one company.

Re the name, they also mentioned that neighbours recalled seeing mail addressed to that name? Though that seemed to be glossed over very quickly.

The Kiwi recalled seeing the blonde girl, yet they didn’t ask him about the bloke or show him the drawing. That was ridiculous.

All phone records have now been destroyed. I would presume there’s some kind of legal requirement to keep them for a period of time. At the time of the original investigation, they could have reviewed records from 1996, but didn’t because they were focussed on 1995 (a police cockup). The 1996 records are now gone, I presume along with many years afterwards.

Kiwi seemed genuine. Just seemed confused about the whole thing and how no one had contacted him. Only proves part of the story.

Really need to focus on the 2-3 hours from when she left the hospital.

Last edited:
Maybe they can't play it all but hasn't really asked Kelli anything in depth.

On six minute calls there isnt a lot of time but I'd think there would be letter exchanges, a list of questions to try for some kind of order.

There are very few people in this whole thing you'd accept as being 100% honest. Everyone seems to be hiding something. Police just seemed to threaten and try wring a confession out using the deputy coroner and have gone into arse covering mode since. (an immunity certificate provided you did nothing wrong please)

True but it was Keli on trial. I think in the end it was easier to believe she killed the baby than to believe anything she'd said.

Kiwi seemed genuine. Just seemed confused about the whole thing and how no one had contacted him. Only proves part of the story.

If he proved credible and people who were living in the flats at the time are prepared to say they were never contacted by the police, Keli might be more than half way there. If the prosecution's case is that Keli was never in those flats, its not too dissimilar to the case against Lindy Chamberlain where they said the matinee jacket never existed. The jacket is hard evidence of course but Lindy was essentially exonerated as soon as that jacket was found.

That still gets nobody any closer though to finding out what really happened to Tegan.

There's a lot in here.

A bungled investigation, covert surveillance of telephone intercepts and listening devices (yielded nothing), an undercover working on Keli (yielded nothing), covertly taking family's DNA which got mixed up, witnesses who weren't heard from, lack of motive, lead detectives shock when Lane was convicted.

Worth a read.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-...ive-breaks-silence-on-keli-lane-case/10217620

Maybe we'll see how this is explained then.

EDIT: This has been explained. Some bloke called Andrew Morris was rung by detectives and he admitted to shagging a blonde surf club "groupie" (how revolting) that he thought might have been Keli Lane. He was found in order to neutralise Keli's friend who was a witness to Keli having an affair with an "Andrew" at the time Tegan was conceived.

Last edited:
Maybe we'll see how this is explained then.

EDIT: This has been explained. Some bloke called Andrew Morris was rung by detectives and he admitted to shagging a blonde surf club "groupie" (how revolting) that he thought might have been Keli Lane. He was found in order to neutralise Keli's friend who was a witness to Keli having an affair with an "Andrew" at the time Tegan was conceived.

Slight correction: that’s not “why he was found”... he was brought as a witness by the prosecution, but never took the stand... Keli’s defence team negotiated that he wouldn’t testify, in exchange for Keli’s friend not testifying that she had an affair with an “Andrew”.

This negotiation between prosecution and defence is ugly stuff.

Slight correction: that’s not “why he was found”... he was brought as a witness by the prosecution, but never took the stand... Keli’s defence team negotiated that he wouldn’t testify, in exchange for Keli’s friend not testifying that she had an affair with an “Andrew”.

This negotiation between prosecution and defence is ugly stuff.

After seeing the last episode what do you think? Has it changed your mind on anything?

Back