Kirk to Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon this is worthy of a main board thread. Brett Kirke, one of the most respected people in the game when he played, is to take up a position as a Assistant Coach at Freo next season.

Bit of a coup methinks. With ex-swans coaching staff - Lyon, Stone and now Kirke - on board there is a distinct flavour beginning to emerge with the Dockers.
Why is it a coup?

What coaching experience does Kirk have after being out of the game for two years?

You'd be better off hiring Ratten as an assistant coach and midfield coach because you wouldn't have to pay him for next year. ;) :oops: :p

Kirk will surely coach Crowley to be a more annoying tagger.

Hey guys... we're going to exchange ideas, thoughts, and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage, you need to be honest and authentic. I'm not always going to get it right, and sometimes you're not going to agree with me. But that's okay, because just like you, I care. Just like you, I'm passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join me at the Dockers, because I just love the footy.

future membership ad right here

Let me introduce you to the lineup. Pavlich, Sandi, Fyfe, Lyon and myself. To assistant coach, you've got to have passion. You've got to look at the matchups with your heart and mind. Just like you, we care about skill drills. Just like you, we care about carrying whiteboards. We're going to exchange thoughts, ideas, energy and even motivational quotes off the internet before a derby. We're not always going to get it right, all we ask of you is an open mind and 5th to 10th expectations. So come along for the ride with me as Fremantle's new AC, where we just love the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean no media outlets have put up a lucrative deal to keep him in the media?

The Saturday arvo team is disbanding.
Kirk - Freo
Malthouse - Carlton?
Hame - If Gillian goes to NRL I can only hope he takes him with him.

Pretty big news as far as actual football goes.

Unsurprisingly, this thread is filled with (mostly-unfunny) comments pertaining to Kirk's tv commentary.

Chief, when is this serious footy board you promised coming?

Regardless of what happens in finals in 2012, I reckon Freo are a huge chance for the flag in 2013.

They already were imo but this just solidifies it.

Pretty big news as far as actual football goes.

Unsurprisingly, this thread is filled with (mostly-unfunny) comments pertaining to Kirk's tv commentary.

Chief, when is this serious footy board you promised coming?

Lighten up mate. Although, whilst I dont agree with you, i appreciate that (just like me) you care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back