Competition Kit of the Week Round XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

ok here's my idea, i don't know if i'll get time to actually make, and if i do, it will most likely be horrible, so i figured that i'll just post my idea

All the things on the emblem are what make up the Melbourne Football Club, so for my clash jumper, I decided to take that literally

My jumper will have the large MFC monogram on it, the M will actually be made up of heaps of small tridents, the F made up of the eternal flame and C made up of southern crosses.

edit: this is separate to the long sleeves one

this is what i want to make, although i wouldnt be able to upload it til friday arvo at the very earliest

if thats too long then maybe someone could make it for me? :)

also my second idea, which i'll never have time to make, was going to be a bogan jumper. the southern cross, the traditional bogan tattoo, was going to be on the front, with the long sleeves going to be, literally tattoo sleeves. and the back sponsor was going to be Bingtang Bali

also my second idea, which i'll never have time to make, was going to be a bogan jumper. the southern cross, the traditional bogan tattoo, was going to be on the front, with the long sleeves going to be, literally tattoo sleeves. and the back sponsor was going to be Bingtang Bali

HAHA. Thats gold. :D one thing that Id suggest to make it a bit easier would be make a template up that looks like one of the Bintang singlets, that way you dont have to worry about the sleave tats. Then again making a template up wouldnt be that easy either.

I might have a crack at it, is it alright if I put this idea into a design??

HAHA. Thats gold. :D one thing that Id suggest to make it a bit easier would be make a template up that looks like one of the Bintang singlets, that way you dont have to worry about the sleave tats. Then again making a template up wouldnt be that easy either.

I might have a crack at it, is it alright if I put this idea into a design??

i'd love someone to have a go :thumbsu:

Here's my attempt at a variation of onyaOchre's idea for a bogan design, because the southern cross as a tat is now pretty bogan. Also there are bogan losers driving around with southern cross stickers on their bog stock VN Commodores in my area :p

Here's one variation with an actual stars for the southern cross
boganmelbjumperaussiesc.png

Now here's a second variation with a Unit southern cross (more boagan then the regular southern cross)
boganmelbjumperunitsc.png

I made the template look more like a bogan Bintang Bali singlet then a footy jumper, I hope that is OK and downsized the shorts a bit to make them tighter (more mid 40's bogan like) and make the singlet look more baggy. Also I would like the Unit southern cross one to be my entry if that is OK, if not Im happy too enter the regular souther cross one.

Here's my attempt at a variation of onyaOchre's idea for a bogan design, because the southern cross as a tat is now pretty bogan. Also there are bogan losers driving around with southern cross stickers on their bog stock VN Commodores in my area :p

Here's one variation with an actual stars for the southern cross
boganmelbjumperaussiesc.png

Now here's a second variation with a Unit southern cross (more boagan then the regular southern cross)
boganmelbjumperunitsc.png

I made the template look more like a bogan Bintang Bali singlet then a footy jumper, I hope that is OK and downsized the shorts a bit to make them tighter (more mid 40's bogan like) and make the singlet look more baggy. Also I would like the Unit southern cross one to be my entry if that is OK, if not Im happy too enter the regular souther cross one.

Your bogans aren't quite like our chavs, they seem closer to merkin rednecks.

Also I would like the Unit southern cross one to be my entry if that is OK, if not Im happy too enter the regular souther cross one.

coughs

coughs slightly louder

fake cough gets out of control and starts actually coughing and dry reaching

calms back down to fake cough

glares at GANTY

:p

The normal one is my entry then ;)

mfclogo.png

Used the Trident and the MCC logo and also used cream to represent the relationship between Melbourne Cricket Club and Melbourne Football Club

EDIT : changed the color of the cream, way to dark

I'm gonna leave this open till the end of the weekend, posting the poll hopefully on monday.

---
You'll Never Beat True Alone

My first impression of the Melbourne logo was its unbelievable resemblance to that of the famous Liverpool FC.
club_badge.gif

So, I came up with this "Reds Collection" for the Redlegs, inspired by a few of the Scouse' recent strips.
liverpool_2010-2011.gif
liverpool_2006-2008-a.gif

The away kit is all red, with white flames reminiscent of adidas' three stripes (don't fret, Reebok are a subsidiary of adidas so it's all good) and navy trim. The geometrical pattern on the Red's current strip makes an appearance here too, with the Demon's jumper featuring mini V's on the front and back.

The white clash features a seemingly out-of-place bottle green - originating both from Liverpool's feared away kits from the 90s
liverpool_1992-1993-change.gif
liverpool_1995-1996-change.gif
, and the Dee's inspirational Irish president, Mr Jim Stynes. It also has Jimmy's foundation, Reach, emblazoned on the front.

These jumpers have a very round about way of relating to the logo, but you think so far outside the square, and I love it (not in a gay way). Really do like these jumpers, maybe not my favourite so far (I would have to look through the thread again to check) but certainly not far off.

Your task is to create a new clash and/or away guernsey based on the 2011 Melbourne logo, using as little (must be at least 1) or as many elements of the emblem design as you wish. Don't just plonk a monogram in the middle of the jumper - be creative, original and devilish in your designs.

You'll Never Beat True Alone

My first impression of the Melbourne logo was its unbelievable resemblance to that of the famous Liverpool FC.
club_badge.gif

So, I came up with this "Reds Collection" for the Redlegs, inspired by a few of the Scouse' recent strips.
liverpool_2010-2011.gif
liverpool_2006-2008-a.gif

The away kit is all red, with white flames reminiscent of adidas' three stripes (don't fret, Reebok are a subsidiary of adidas so it's all good) and navy trim. The geometrical pattern on the Red's current strip makes an appearance here too, with the Demon's jumper featuring mini V's on the front and back.

The white clash features a seemingly out-of-place bottle green - originating both from Liverpool's feared away kits from the 90s
liverpool_1992-1993-change.gif
liverpool_1995-1996-change.gif
, and the Dee's inspirational Irish president, Mr Jim Stynes. It also has Jimmy's foundation, Reach, emblazoned on the front.

not trying to be a dick, but does this actually use any of the elements of the emblem design?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The flame, the v and to an extent the navy piping, a mix of the Liverpool's piping from 07, the Reebok short stripes and the shapes inthe logo (footy, ribbon etc.)
The whole idea was a play on how many of the elements have a striking resemblance to LFC.

Don't worry, my next one may be a little closer to the brief.

EDIT: new version see post below

All the things on the emblem are what make up the Melbourne Football Club, so for my clash jumper, I decided to take that literally

My jumper will have the large MFC monogram on it, the M will actually be made up of heaps of small tridents, the F made up of the eternal flame and C made up of southern crosses.
deeskotwfinal.png

Great kits Smeags. That old Liverpool jersey was absolutely mad. On the topic of soccer jerseys I just bought the Socceroos away jersey for $35 at a Nike outlet in the USA, where it's 130 bucks over here! Very happy :thumbsu:

Coxy, yours I'm guessing would have taken a lot of effort but everything sort of looks the same when it's scaled down. Good effort though.

Would love to see a magnify glass sorta of thing, would really top of the jumper just so we knew what the MFC were made up of

Should old aquaintance never be forgotten

A tribute to the old MCC/MFC partnership.

Featuring the emblem's ribbon and monogram on blazer-like pinstripes (away) and creams (clash).

I like these, first one is basically PSG's shirt if you take out the extra pinstripes, looks great. the Liverpool style white Melbourne logo is boss.

As I have said before, I am not a fan of this new logo and I can't imagine it looking that good on a jumper either. That being said I think your jumper incorporates it in the best possible way. Although it's a little big :eek:.

Poll time?

I thought I'd make this quick one before I poll tonight - I don't think it'll get many votes at all, but hey :D

Don't Let the Red V Down

In response to talks about cash-strapped Victorian clubs being outsourced to other states, the Melbourne Football Club has used its's new logo to make it's position clear - with the "Proudly Victorian" collection of jumpers.

The navy away strip references the Eureka flag, a symbol synonomous not only with Union groups and rebellion but of Victorian culture (as seen by Melbourne Victory supporters). It features a stylised Southern Cross constellation with a solid white cross connecting the stars.

The jumper uses the trident shape and SC stars (in the point numbers of the Vic flag) of the new logo in a formation similar to the Eureka, in a large central white motif akin to the famous Big V.

From a symbol of civil rights to a symbol of governance and democracy - the white clash strip places a royal crown, that takes pride of place on top of the SC in the Vic flag, on top of a subtle Union Jack that carries on geometrically from the away.

If you look closely, the crown is made up of the many elements of the logo, including the football, the monogram, the stars, the trident, the shield, the flame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back