Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2018 AFL Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a name mentioned on here or have you been speaking to some recruiters? A couple of names floating around that are seen as high end picks that never get mentioned on these boards - which is probably good for those boys.

My number one still hasn't been mentioned curiously.

I haven't spoken to other recruiters about who they rate as the best prospect for next year, so I don't know who they would have as their outright number ones. But from my viewings, there is one I personally rate above all those who have been mentioned so far.

If you look through my weekly wraps, there is one name I mention more weeks than not.

Knightmare have you seen much of Daniel Sladojevic from the Crows NGA? Had some good games in the u16 champs, kicking 9 goals for SA in three games.

Can't say I have.

I'll see the odd u16 playing TAC Cup, but that's about all, with the U18s being my focus.

I don't have the time or resources to be able to follow them from such young ages as AFL clubs do.

Looking towards the 2018 draft mate. It's a consensus that we hit the draft and grab a developing KPF. Whilst it would be nice to grab one of the King's, seriously doubt they are available at our pick (likely #6 - 10), would like us to grab an inside mid with that pick anyways.

What are some of the more likely KPF's that have AFL attributes likely available between picks 40 - 70?

Garoni is in the Championships, anyone else that could play true FF?

Flanders is my number one.

Flanders has the highest ceiling IMO. If he can turn 3.5s into 6.2s even, in front of goal, he could begin doing some serious damage.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He, Rowell and Anderson have stood out for sure in 2018 already.

Rowell I don't have in that same conversation. His kicking lets him down. Flanders and Anderson are the two Victorians I'm most excited about today.

Flanders has the highest ceiling IMO. If he can turn 3.5s into 6.2s even, in front of goal, he could begin doing some serious damage.

Completely agree.

That acceleration, power, ball winning, scoreboard impact. He's special.

I mentioned it in one of my earlier weekly wraps this year, he looks like another Dangerfield with that similar mix of attributes and a similar way he takes over games. No one else quite does that like him just yet.

Looking towards the 2018 draft mate. It's a consensus that we hit the draft and grab a developing KPF. Whilst it would be nice to grab one of the King's, seriously doubt they are available at our pick (likely #6 - 10), would like us to grab an inside mid with that pick anyways.

What are some of the more likely KPF's that have AFL attributes likely available between picks 40 - 70?

Garoni is in the Championships, anyone else that could play true FF?

One of the King's would be nice, but no guarantee either are available. Only a small chance.

40-70 the options rarely are fantastic. Particularly when you're talking youth.

It's a position where you want the elite talents, and you get those elite talents early normally.

Dillon O'Reilly as a key forward is a further name to listen out for (WA). He may go in that range and had a good game 1. Probably hasn't come on as much as I would have liked this year, but was good last year in WAFL Colts.

As a key defender, Jordan Butts is one I still like as an overager. A dec 31 '99 boy, yet led the TAC Cup in marks per game last year. He's finding even more of the footy this year. He's one I advocate someone draft at some point, be it late/rookie.

This weeks AFL Draft wrap covering the first round of the U18 champs in detail and focusing on Tasmanian Chayce Jones: http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...edy-tasmanian-chayce-jones-impresses-midfield

This weeks AFL Draft wrap covering the first round of the U18 champs in detail and focusing on Tasmanian Chayce Jones: http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...edy-tasmanian-chayce-jones-impresses-midfield
Good write up.

NB: Podhajski plays for Coburg, not Werribee.

Can't say I have.

I'll see the odd u16 playing TAC Cup, but that's about all, with the U18s being my focus.

I don't have the time or resources to be able to follow them from such young ages as AFL clubs do.

speaking of U16s this was posted in one of Ports face book site:-

Taj Schofield is starting to make a name for himself in the WAFL colts.The son of Subiaco coach and 2004 Port Adelaide premiership player Jarrad Schofield made the highlights reel against East Fremantle at the weekend with a brilliant long-range goal. Taj set sail on the run from well outside the 50-metre arc on a difficult angle, with the ball bouncing through with the help of teammate Zane Shellabear Healy’s shepherding skills. It was the talented teenager’s best game of the season, booting two goals to go with 24 disposals, six inside-50s and four tackles.

Subiaco prevailed by 13 points at Leederville Oval, with fellow father-son prospect Liam Hickmott - son of former Carlton and Geelong player Adrian - also impressive with 32 disposals and six tackles. Schofield, who has made a strong start to his career as a bottom-aged colt, averaging 17.2 disposals and 1.4 goals in five appearances, will be eligible for the 2020 AFL draft. The WA under-16s squad member can be picked up by Port as a father-son selection due to his dad playing more than 100 games (131) for the club.

Luke Foley went ok,what do you see his draft range as and player comparison/ceiling?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Luke Foley went ok,what do you see his draft range as and player comparison/ceiling?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't believe I've seen Foley play as yet. He didn't play the practice match v SA the other week.

Will pass on my view once I have some game notes on him from a viewing or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back